Why we should stop boxing on Mangler

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wisp99, Mar 17, 2019.

1. The Hated One Augur

I don't always box on Truebox TLP's...but when I do I box because they didn't offer a non-truebox 20th Anniversary server with AoC's and FV loot. Stay strong my fellow boxers!

I would have put some giff with the guy from the commercial but I just don't want to put that much energy into it.
  2. Sturn Augur

Was heading to UR last night as a 23 rog with LFG up and before I got there I got a tell from a 4 boxer camping FP if I wanted to join him. Warned me he was boxing which I was ok with and even let me have the bloodstained mantle when it dropped as I let him have the savant cap for his casters. Worked out well for me as it can sometimes be tough to find a group as a rogue. He tended to keep the group full with 2 regular players along with his 4-box. Couldn't have been a nicer player.
    Accipiter, Gana and code-zero like this.
  3. Vestrial New Member

I'm thinking about coming back to EQ, but I'm still a bit of a noob so forgive me for not knowing the situation. Seems like the bold text above indicates a stance against Boxing on Mangler by Daybreak.

So, the same account can still be used on multiple computers? Seems like that would be easy to prevent as well. I kinda feel like, if someone is so dedicated to Boxing that they're willing to pay for a subscription for multiple accounts, more power to them. But it doesn't really make sense to let someone sign into a single account from multiple computers.
  4. Sturn Augur

You're original thinking is correct. In order to "box" one must use one unique account per computer. That doesn't mean there aren't people out there attempting to and successfully cheating. How many is up for debate.
  5. a_librarian Augur

6. Ceffener Augur

Mangler status update:

Day 6 of camping without any boxers bothering me. Tonight we held down Frenzy for about 4 hours. Also ran through several newbie yards without seeing the supposed “rampant” box armies mass slaughtering mobs. Didn’t manage to find any box armies while attempting to solo Specters in SRO either. But don’t worry, the forums have told me of this rampant problem, so I will keep the faith and keep my eye out for the enemy.

Don’t worry, the sky is still falling.
    Gana, OldRodKS and Machentoo like this.
  7. Nykara2 Elder

Go visit the hill giants in rathe mountains.
    BraxKedren likes this.
  8. BraxKedren Journeyman

Yep, because it doesn't take those raid teams long to move out of newb areas and BB/CB.
  9. Elemenopi Augur

Nope, youre on different sides of the same fence, now trying to word parse youre way out of a logical contradiction.

Either we cannot possibly know for sure (your first claim), or the information is easy to come by as its not novel (your second claim).

Which is it?

What you are **attempting** to do here is claim what disagrees with your position cannot possibly be known for sure, but those items which support your position can be easily known as they arent novel.

The correct, objective answer of course, is that which disagrees with your position is equally old news and equally not novel information, and therefore equally easily known.
  10. jeddak New Member

I think you box on a tlp server is instead of other servers is that you have an audience to annoy. Am I close?
    Lakeland likes this.
  11. Callan New Member

Same complaints rinse & repeat every time a new TLP opens, ever since the Krono was added EQ died & Kronoquest began. These mage box armies are the same people that travel to every new TLP to take advantage of any new or returning noob players in order to farm krono off them. Its a win/win for DBG cause these new or noob players are forced to buy krono in exchange for these mage perma camped items thats why nothing is done to them no matter what evidence you have.
  12. code-zero Augur

Krono are doing exactly what they were designed to do and you wouldn't even have TLP servers if it weren't for the Krono trade.
  13. Maxe Augur

Not only do they troll us in game, they come on the forums and try to pretend like there's only one, or a small number of people complaining. There's even one guy on here trying to say everyone complaining is imagining things. No way they're taking up camps like the only ones that make money quickly or anything. No way they could be the ones selling eboots for 3 krono and locking the camp down with one computer in multiple picks. People generally never cheat in video games if they can get away with it and also make money right? Pro gamers get caught cheating all the time, even in international competitions. Cheaters never stop cheating unless they're flat out stomped like a bug. The sarcastic or flat out insulting responses are this forums undeniable proof that boxers tend to be the toxic element in the game - pushing people away from paying accounts and buying microtransactions, while also not doing either themselves. I'm sure a nice stream of angry responses with no logic will follow this, but that's the nature of people who can't get along with 5 other people long enough to get a group going. In the mean time, the people who want to play with a community have to try to do so delicately around the boxers, who now have camps in every major dungeon and runnyeye (runnyeye being mostly filled with botters still) or risk being harassed, insulted, trained or have their camp stolen. Many people will leave a group and log off rather than have to deal with a boxer like this and there's a lot of them. Let me point out once again, I used to box, I no longer do, and I have nothing against boxers that follow the rules. The problem is most boxers DO NOT FOLLOW THE RULES. Broadcasting of commands is against the rules, no matter what 'clever' way you found to do it. I never did this, and if you wanted a challenge, or to play anywhere on the same level as single players you wouldn't cheat either. The reality is many boxers do, and the reality is it impacts a lot of other players. You think people with lives coming on here complaining they can't enjoy their time is an opportunity to harass people for fun, because you're on the internet and you think the rules of society no longer apply to you. Sorry, but they do. If you really don't care what people think of you, why not post all your legitimate box toons names so we can ignore all of you and never buy anything from you. (yes I mean include your vendor toons.) You can have your own little society, since you don't want to partake in the community of Everquest, trading each other krono until the day the servers shut down because they realize almost none of it is new purchases.
  14. MileyVyrus Augur

But maze, you guys are the ones who buy our stuff. The only real issue here is we arent very good at making you feel great about doing it. For that i truly apologize. Rmt will happen, period. It happened on p99, it will be anywhere. Krono allows dbg to get their due and just profit over the intellectual property they own.

Believe me, back in the tlp day there wasnt aoc action, huge pick requirements, and hugely op'd mages. Back then there actully was a machine to rage against. Its a fun lil video game. Id rather die than one box, there is servers and emus for that nonsense. Id rather play 3. I get just as screwed by the 24 man gold farming pl armies, but i just optimize my own options instead of wasting my energy forum posting for change.
  15. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Maxe, to be honest your real complaint should be with DBG and their revocation of the old PNP/Rules.

Even if there was no physical way to box, you'd still have groups of players running around taking the camps that you want, DPS racing the nameds, trying to pull mobs out of your camp. Not to try to trivialize your feelings about boxing, but the real problem is that the rules of engagement permit this kind of behavior.
    Kittany likes this.
  16. Grailer Augur

Yeah my friend used to sell plat and items on ebay way back in the day before Kunark came out. Made quite a lot of money too I heard .

It appears that these farmers are buying kronos in game from players using farmed plat or items then reselling kronos cheaper than DBG for cash . That's how they are making real money from it.

I 2 box because it's just easier having a little buff bot healer or porter . The downtime when you don't have healer and playing something like a shadow knight is horrible .

Ideally I would like to log in get group instantly and be allowed to AFK whenever I feel like it . So really when I'm boxing I wouldn't be grouping anyway. Maybe I wouldn't even want to 2 box if they had cheaper heal potions or even if we could bandage to 100% hp maybe ? I mean look at a game like WOW , there is not much downtime in between fights .

Now on the other hand there are these box armies which are designed to do group content or farm insane amounts of plat are just exploiting players . That is the difference, me duo isn't causing any real harm , but these box armies are causing harm to the economy and other groups of individuals.
    Lakeland likes this.
  17. code-zero Augur

Something I discovered back on RF was that there's lots of brave souls who'll chain train someone 2 boxing and send nasty tells to you so they you know that is what happened and who did it.
  18. Grailer Augur

must be a lot of trains then because almost everyone I see is boxing .
  19. KateL7 Lorekeeper

I think DB will never have a no boxing server because they have an agreement with p99 to let that be the ultimate grouping server and they probably take a cut of all the RMT that goes on there.
  20. Maxe Augur

Okay again, my issue isn't with boxing, it's the people who blatantly abuse the potential for true box by completely ignoring the rules, botting etc. There's a guy in the CL chat and the public auction channel with a clearly Asian gold farmer name selling the same items always botted for multiple krono a piece. A simple review of their account actions or seeing the time between command requests or the fact they're obviously not true boxing would alleviate this one source temporarily. The problem is nothing is being done. If it is, it's having no impact on the poison players on Mangler. Now would be a perfect time for a clean sweep. Check person's account for krono and linked accounts with over 100krono trades to find their mule accounts and make them start from scratch. That means the newbie zones would be inundated with bot crews again for a while, but at least some of the higher camps would be A open and B not being price gouged by botters or boxers breaking the true box rules, who aren't even earning the items like a normal player should. It costs DBG nothing to do this unless DBG is directly involved with supporting the RMT going on and gets a cut. In fact, this would make them MORE money and eliminate some of the duped Krono they accidentally let happen... because they would be forced to buy krono eventually or pay for the accounts. IF people exploit your game to make money, you should at least be making them pay for it. Again, they're not improving profits, they're recirculating cheated currency that destroys the in game economy and drives a ton of potential actual paying players away.