How is the Coirnav server going?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by northstar, Mar 17, 2018.

1. JustPuttinThisHere Lorekeeper

I don't understand the XP hate. I kind of like it. I enjoyed Phinny's rate.

Is it impossible to enjoy the game if you're not max level and not raiding?

I mean, whether you're in the planes or in Unrest/Guk....you're playing the same game. What's so painful about the middle part just taking longer?

"I've done it a million times before" isn't really appropriate since the same could be said about the end game....
  2. vylo Augur

Well, people are still xping. I only had enough time to buy and sell once for a short period. We only had 4 non-anon 50s last night. I expect you will see the tunnel balloon pretty fast.
  3. Amop New Member

My brother and I have come back after 17 years and are having a blast in this server. Seems populated and gives real nostalgia with how slow the progression is. We will be on this until Pantheon Rise of the Fallen comes out for sure
  4. Autolycas New Member

How do you like your crow? Oh, that’s cute, no no- I’m afraid you’ll have to defeather it yourself, first if you’re going to be so picky. I just haven’t the time. Got to finish this character’s epic quest pre raid start, racing my friend to yes, the actual final turn in achieved in a world where there arent any mercs or to speak of, feel ye positive or negative or however else one might... this class defining quest turn in which we bet one another upon who would complete first, when we met, way back on our shared August birthday as server newbs. I needs to get this done already, you see, because I’ve got a guild raid to catch right now in the Northernmost wing of the Temple of Veeshan, and well, we can’t be late or else my friends and I may end up not getting to the dragons only/second/third/fourth/fifth/sixth or even seventh, in line, in NTOV, today; time depending, (naturally).

Long live Coirnav: beautiful, dysfunctional Waterworld full of stepchildren that it is.

It may have boxers. It may have insomniacs. It may have reckless epreen-oriented virtue-lacking spacejunky cowboy wanna-be fuckbois. But make no mistake, world: Coirnav DEFINITELY. . Lives. ^_^
  5. Protocol Dragon Defender

Cringe.
    RandomStrategy likes this.
  6. HoodenShuklak Augur

Healthy population would definitely be an ill choice of words.
  7. Crayon123 Augur

One man's desperate attempt to convince others that Coirnav still has a pulse beyond top-heavy raid times.

Hint: It doesn't. It's only going to get worse for the 20th Anniversary too, huge waste of time at this point. Can't believe they never raised the XP rate.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yes, but thank god we aren't on a prison server locked in POP! Personally, I'm looking forward to Prophecy of Ro in April 2020 and eventually catching up to Live in October 2022.
  9. a_librarian Augur

You are adorable
  10. RandomStrategy Augur

The server is going that badly, eh?

https://i.imgur.com/9dy8BDS.jpg
  11. Risiko Augur

There has been an active Euro scene on every TLP server I have ever been on including Ragefire, Phinigel, Agnarr, and Coirnav. Are you sure you are playing EverQuest?
  12. Risiko Augur

There is just so much disinformation in this thread. I mean good Lord it's bad here on the forums.

1. Coirnav is doing fine, and some (myself included) think it is doing great.
    2. That one guild that people like to talk about is a non issue on the server in reality. Every raiding guild on the server does their thing in their instances, and laughs at "that one guild" for thinking they have any affect on the server at all.
    3. The person that said guilds don't need shamans and enchanters is lying or highly misinformed. For that matter, any class is wanted if the person playing the character is competent and/or willing to learn.
    First and foremost, ignore the forums. This truly is the cesspool of the game. The vast majority of the people you see on the forums spewing misinformation and hate don't play on the servers they spread hate about, and some of them don't even play EverQuest anymore.

Reading the forums these days is like watching the news and expecting to hear facts rather than opinionated editorials.
  13. FIsh Lips Augur

Coirnav is about over. Most of the low hanging Krono has been farmed. We're looking forward to the next TLP. We have high hopes it won't suck so bad, but we know better.
  14. Bangers New Member

Interesting thread to read in retrospect. Predictions made on the negative side have been proven to be wrong. Poor deluded souls just can't seem to stop themselves making them even now. :D
    For me the only thing that will kill this server is the release of Pantheon. Honestly can't see any other problems. Might see a bit of movement on the guild side of things here and there. That's just natural wastage. There are at least 8 raiding guilds that have beaten everything in the game so far with 4 weeks till next expansion. I'd call that pretty healthy.
    Risiko likes this.
  15. Barton The Mischievous

Release is one of Brad's big/huge problems that and admitting when he is wrong. I hope Pantheon makes it but we will see. -Edit Sorry, Clarification I mean make it long term. I think it will see release hopefully a better release then Vanguard -crosses fingers-
    Machentoo likes this.
  16. RandomStrategy Augur

One person on a server counts as "low". I don't think those low/med/high are really good indicators of population on a server.

That said, Coirnav might survive long enough to beat Quarm if everyone left on the server bands together. :p
  17. Snomie Elder

I’d probably wait and see how many people are left on coirnav with next TLP server release + the Ldon pop decay before you coirnav guys start celebrating about the health of coirnav.

That’d be when you actually see the real dip happen.
    Jontrann likes this.
  18. a_librarian Augur

The TLP population contest is as stupid as the console warrior garbage that pervades the internet. As far as I can tell, all the modern TLPs have a viable population and specific appeal. The newest server will have the highest casual and pick up group population, and it will also have most of the krono farmers who have refined their classic era RMT schemes. Attrition will happen on every server, but nobody knows when any server is going to become non viable.

If you don't play this game to make money, then a server is viable if you have a guild and friends to enjoy the content. The bitter posts about how this server or that server is dead are just pathetic. If you are here just to make those posts please do everyone a favor and piss off
  19. Snomie Elder

It’s fairly easy to tell when each server is going to take massive population hits, it’s been the same for every tlp server so far.

A new server launching and the 6 months of pop is what hurts tlp populations. Those are unfortunately likely to hit coirnav one after another and the server never even had as big a pop as other TLPs to start. Doesn’t take much common sense to realise coirnav is going to be in trouble when those happen.

Add on the fact that many coirnav players are ex phinny players who left once phinnys pug scene dried up. Does anyone really expect them to stick around when coirnav’s group scene disappears also after ldon + new server hits?
  20. a_librarian Augur

Thanks for missing my point completely