Agnarr and our future after PoP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Corilleous, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Gana Augur

Why wouldn't you eat 100 cookies in a day? Or do you mean, *only* 100 cookies? How big are these cookies? Do animal crackers count? Let's do the math, 24 hours...100 cookies...that's barely 4 cookies an hour. That's nothing!
  2. tankNspank Elder

Maybe, if its another coirnav or phinny, I doubt it. If its a server with reasonable exp + something different, yes.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

6 days and no Quarm kill?
  4. Corilleous Elder

FE killed him last night
  5. Aeon New Member

My plan is to work on several alts, switch mains, etc. Also, gonna start a char on the newer server for side fun so if all the people I enjoy on Agnarr leave, I can move on.
  6. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

We killed Quarm last night. We missed the Lockjaw record due to some idiot druid on the Rathe Council and we were just too exhausted to marathon through it. Rested up and plowed phases 4, 5 and Quarm. As we were doing loot on Quarm a second guild on Agnarr finally gained access to Plane of Fire.
  7. Dreven Lorekeeper

I think in short Coirnav may be the Agnarr for people that did start on Agnarr not completely being sold on the PoP-locked aspect but could not resist the "new server" atmosphere and starting again in classic. And of course, Coirnav is what those sought that did not start on Agnarr due to the PoP-locked thing. Looking at the population of Coirnav a month later, I'm not worried.

In the end people take (long) breaks and upon return somewhat detached from the characters they had, a just brand-new server is always going to be attractive. The idea of restarting each time is horrible in theory, but it appears a lot are just doing right that. No point in beating around to bush; for most the classic era until a couple of expansions passed PoP is where most interest is at, no?
    HappyPanda likes this.
  8. Razzle Augur

Agnarr is for people that don't want to rush through content and only play 1 toon. All the rushers will be gone as soon as their one toon is maxed out. All the people that really belong on this server, the ones that take their time and play many toons will still enjoy this server for many years to come. You can play off and on and not fall behind or come back and the has game changed to where you don't understand it anymore.
    snailish and Fhiele like this.
  9. Fhiele Augur

If it wasn't for the terrible XP, I'd consider rolling something on Coirnav mid-kunark to get raid ready for Velious. I LOVED raiding velious. Gear finally worth having dropped, ya know?
  10. Snomie Elder

So you replied to give a reason why you won't be rolling there? Okay then.

Anyhow, it's not about whether 1-2 or even a small amount of people roll on Coirnav. There WILL be people who will roll there and will continue to roll new toons there.

The problem is you need more people rolling on Coirnav than the amount of people leaving Coirnav to sustain a server. Until new players joining beats players leaving then you won't see anything more than a server slowly bleeding out.

Will it happen instantly? No. In fact people at the endgame and raiding will be the last to feel it because they're insulated inside their guild groups and raiding. The first people to feel it will be newer players who slowly start finding less and less groups as time goes on. The worrying thing is that usually you don't see the 'less groups' cycle start until later expansions for previous TLPs, but it's already slowly started on Coirnav.
  11. Breyer New Member

Groups for new players HAHA. Tried to go to Unrest 3 nights in a row and the entire basement is always being pulled by 1 guy boxing. Disgusting.

What a nice bait that "True Boxing" "rule" is. Cancelled my account and requested a refund. Eventually the server will be 100 players playing 600 characters. For every person like me that speaks up about it there are probably a handful that just leave silently.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

On agnarr?

Unrest will always have power levels, but major box crews are largely the minority thanks to true box. They just aren't that efficient so usually they plop down at some exp campand play sub par. But by no means do they come close to outnumbering real groups. Without true box, however, the group game would be crippled.
  13. Sagarmatha Augur

Agnarr fought valiantly. Agnarr fought nobaly.

And Agnarr died.
  14. Febb Augur

So you started to play on a server where it literally tells you boxing is allowed in the server title and you got upset because someone was boxing? Did you send the boxer a tell and ask if you could get into their group?

Did you try another zone to level in?

Did you join the new player channel or general channels and ask if anyone was grouping in any of the other many newbies zones?

It seems like you were looking for an excuse to quit.
  15. Breyer New Member

I was already leveling in other zones also, and yeah I went looking for an excuse to quit 3 nights in a row to see someone PLing boxed chars there every time. Oddly enough I didn't quit on the 1st night even though I had already found my coveted excuse.
  16. TLP Addict Augur

There's more projection in this thread than a Cannes film festival.
  17. Protagonist Tank

I

I very much applaud this attitude and outlook - but looking at your page, you rot member DKP by 20% per week. That doesn't mesh with the "We're taking the long approach" attitude, in my book. That encourages people to blow out all of their DKP regularly, rather than save up for their BIS drops.
  18. Lankie Augur

Without DKP rot they will never get new members. Remember there's no new expansions to do a DKP wipe, so old members will have thousands of DKP and instantly win all BIS.

A locked server needs DKP rot.
  19. Protagonist Tank

It's a fair argument. But 20% per week means you'll never bank any DKP ever. Some of those LDoN raids will take dozens to hundreds of runs to get that BIS aug - and being on equal bidding terms with the new guy that's on his first run on your 99th run when it finally drops?

Make the DKP per character, instead. There's only so many BIS to win and each alt is a personal DKP reset.
  20. Lankie Augur

Getting BIS from instances is actually very slow. Probably close to 1.5 to 2 years of solid raiding in a 50 man raid.

You make it sound like you can gear up multiple characters. Doubt the server will last long enough to gear up 2 chars