What happened to the potion belt ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Zarzac Augur

Have potions stack to 1000 and problem solved.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Gundolin Augur

I really don't understand why they would feel the need to remove them. Why change things that aren't broken?
    Caell and Perplexed like this.
  3. GoneFission Augur

It was that or start on necro dot revamp.
  4. Karhar Dream Crusher

Hope they pay for all the headaches i'll get for changing my UI and me having to get used to it again ffs.
  5. EnchFWO Augur

You're in luck... Motrin is now available for 1000 SC in the market as of next Wednesday! :rolleyes:
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Or make all player made consumable/expendable items stack to 1000. Makes it easier to keep food and drink on alts so the ones that don't have a tradeskill tag can be stored and used too without taking up most of the bank space or inventory space.
  7. mackal Augur

maybe they could add a special hot button that acts like potion belts did or something :p
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

whats the point of getting rid of the potion belt?

Andarriel
  9. Millianna Augur

Why make changes like this without consulting the community first?
  10. Saroc_Luclin Augur

I love the potion belt functionality, so I would prefer to keep it.

If we do have to lose it, I would hope potion belt functionality would be moved to the Hotbar. Which would basically give us 132 potionbelt slots. :)

I made EQ-2003 on the EQ DBG Issue Tracker board to bring the functionality over. If I missed anything, please add a comment and I'll update the original.

And please vote for it if you want this to be brought up with the Devs for future improvements. (IMO even if we keep the potion belt, a lot of this functionality would be good).
  11. Xeladom Augur

12. Bigstomp Augur

I spend invis potions all the time as I use a clr and a war.
    I need to be able to click invis since we cannot no fail invis so it happens LOTS that invis randomly fades.
    I need the functionality of 300 potions being available via one click spot.
  13. Zamiam Augur

wow you carry 300 invis potions around all the time ? thats alot of bag space ..
  14. Tevraii Journeyman

I usually roll with the punches on changes, but this one seems unnecessary. Yes I'm partial as I use the belt all the time. I don't see a reason to get rid of it.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

I carry anywhere from 300 to 0. It's a pain in the butt to go buy more all the time. They randomly drop so I use a lot of them. I can click a potion then 2 seconds later it's fading. At least the potion belt lets me buy 300 and not have to dig into my bags to put another stack of 20 in the right spot.
  16. Evurkvest Augur

100% agree with OP. Make hotbars work like PB before making this change, what a waste of programming resources.
    Caell likes this.
  17. InnerDruid New Member

I've always kept two bag slots empty and had those slots tied to hotkeys (so when I get the spear and the medallion to fight sokrakar and Gorenaire in Lceanium, for example, those two items go into those two slots and are already hotkeyed.

This past weekend I noticed that sometimes when I had something in one of those bag slots, quest item or such, and it got used up, the hotkey would become "Not Found" and anything new that went into that empty slot would have to be re-hottkeyed.

Currently, I do use all ten hotbars in my UI (some of them having to be rolled to get to little used non-urgent things like summon banker and what not. An 11th will probably get used, but I hope it comes with a much wider selection of custom icons (that are of colors and patterns that allow you to see the text on top of them).

For a potion belt substitute however, one of two things would have to happen:

1) let potions stack up to 1000 (like tradeskill items), or

2) any time a stacking type item is hotkeyed then ALL stacks of that item on the character are treated as under that hotkey--like they were in the potion belts. They are fungible items after all, so why not?
  18. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Added comment about the size of the hotbar, I only want 4 or 5 boxes to show, not the whole 12.

Really, it is nice to add all this to hotbars. However, removing the Potion Belt makes no sense. It is good for the game to have it. It adds flavor and is useful, two things that only improve a game. I really wonder at times if Daybreak really wants to drive players away with some of their actions. I mean, some have no rhyme or reason other than to make players unhappy.
    Caell and Yinla like this.
  19. Perplexed Augur

or maybe they could just leave it alone and spend the time on something that really needs fixing or changing.
    Caell, Yinla and Fanra like this.
  20. feeltheburn Augur

because DBG....nothing better to do, no regard for the community at hand and how it effects as such. Warm up another hot bar kids
    Caell likes this.