Test Update 03/06/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Horathmir Elder

Old Dev's in the 99-02 era , like Khelbun, Solist, Hobart and others like QA Lead Trueno used to elude to the idea that some of the City factions that you KOS'd quickly, had very, very hard ways to regain again ... could result in finding hidden quests for working your way to ally with certain prominent KOS city leaders/officials.

I know a Ranger named Tadenea spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours working back factions from deep KOS to max ally to investigate this and found at least one instance where this was true.

This was the old Everquest we were all excited about, but has since been lost and is no longer developed towards. I remember when Absor or one of the DEV's a very long time ago said there are over 1500 old quests [Pre-POP I believe] have still to been found or solved if already found. Some had triggers that counted down in real time and in time frames of months not minutes or hours for spawns.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

You have to do it correct the first time (I.E. no guessing ) to get the optional item.
  3. Noobi_wan New Member

Please add see SOS mobs to the new VP as well, to make it fair for all classes. If we need to deal with see-invis then rogues should deal with see sos mobs.
    Lorai likes this.
  4. segap Augur

Then they also need to remove all crowd control abilities and fades that can also be used to pass by see-invis mobs. Or the ability for some classes to use an invulnerability, train a bunch of mobs, then fd while a mage runs in behind to a safe place to coh people. Lots of ways around see-invis, including the simple method of just killing stuff.
  5. Prathun Developer

Looked around a bit, but I can't find the original quote. I do remember when it was said because there was a flurry of activity and interest in solving old quests. That quote was informed by a query that captured quests in the database that hadn't been completed... which isn't the same thing as quests that *can* be completed.

fransisco likes this.
  6. wherehouse Lorekeeper

@Prathun or @Ngreth any comment on adjusting the Vex Thal DZ replay timer to have it function like Temple of Veeshan?
  7. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

8. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Any chance of getting the map editing functions to work again? I didn't see it in the notes, and I've found myself trying to edit my maps dozens of times since it broke, without being able to. =\
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

Down at the bottom.

" Fixed an issue where the window selector would not open the map.
    - Fixed an issue where the map window would not open the map toolbar."
    Winnowyl likes this.
  10. Kianara Lorekeeper

I'm gonna have to throw my vote in to keep the potion belt. Why do you feel the need to remove something that has so much versatility and usefulness, to give us another hotbar which isn't near as useful? An 11th hotbar? Really? I honestly can't remember EVER hearing anyone complain that they needed another one, let alone enough people crying out for it that you feel the need to remove a useful UI element in order to do it.

I see Devs have responded to other inquiries on this thread, why no response to this one when it seems to be the most prevalent complaint?
  11. Orbital101 Augur

Found the 5 proofs, successfully guessed the room and the murderer on first try but no update on.
    -Defend your self from the accused!
    [IMG]
    I got all excited to see that bonus after 10+ hrs spend on this mission :confused: If successfully guessing the room and the murderer on first try is how we get it :mad:

If it matter the Ritual area and the Shaman was the correct answer that time.
  12. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I have no idea how that would have failed to update if you killed the murderer :( It's possible it's something I fixed that didn't make it to test, though other people succeded (perhaps with wrong guesses)

Arg. I see the bug. Sorry! It'll be broken on test until test gets an update :( Dunno if I can get a hotfix to test or not.
    And the way it's broken, it's only broken if you do it correctly!

Thanks Orbital101! I wouldn't have seen this unless you tested it!

(I and my peer tester tested this enough times to lose sight... and when I fixed the task updating when you killed the falsely accused... neither of us thought to ALSO test AGAIN accusing the correct NPC, we only tested that killing a falsely accused didn't update)
  13. Paralyze Journeyman

First off, this change is amazing, and by itself could make Classic far more enjoyable than before. Props to the devs for this and thank you. But there's a few more tweaks that can be done to encourage variety.

With a few exceptions, most of the less popular dungeons share one thing in common: they are REALLY far from druid or wizard rings (Permafrost and Splitpaw come to mind). Unrest is an important exception to this and I wanted to mention it because it became what it is today due to a simple increase in ZEM. It has all the features of a third-rate dungeon: the loot is meh, it's really far from any port, and it has horrible mob density for each intended level range. It's popular simply because it's the best EXP per kill. Normalizing ZEM obviously reverses this, but that also means it will simply revert it to its previous, unpopular state that required the high ZEM in the first place - especially with key requirements being reinstated.

There's many factors that make a dungeon popular, but the cleanest and quickest one we can adjust is travel time. No...no, I'm not going to suggest translocators. Simple request actually... can we please allow melee binding in most, if not all, outdoor zones? This would also do a lot for making melee more viable in classic. Melee gate would be nice too, potions are expensive! Just kidding...but a command to kill yourself without exp loss would be cool (like duel, except without needing to beg strangers for it).

In particular, these zones could really use universal melee binding: Everfrost, South Karana, Lesser Faydark, Misty Thicket, Dagnor's Cauldron. Yes I know Everfrost has a wayfarer camp, but most people don't, and some universal rules on how and where a melee can bind would be a nice improvement for newer players.

I went ahead and made some tickets on the issue tracker in regards to this!

Melee binding https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-2001
    Quick tweaks to improve playability of Permafrost because it's going to stay unused otherwise: remove chance for respawn skip so the zone isn't missing 1/3 of its population as soon as people start killing there, and remove high level out of era npc in flag room that assists goblins https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-2002
  14. Dragari Journeyman

Please don't remove the potion belt unless you add the ability for hot buttons to show you how many charges you have left etc, I find that very useful on modrods in particular.
  15. Sindaiann Augur

Gotcha, thanks
  16. Parsli Journeyman

There is the quote. It's in the 10th anniversary video, and references the 3000 items that players have not discovered.

"There are more than 40,000 unique items for players to discover,
    create or buy within the game. More than 3,000 of these items have
    never been discovered by players."
    Prathun likes this.
  17. Orbital101 Augur

Make sure to read the previous post in case you have in mind to do it again correctly :D
    Ngreth Thergn likes this.
  18. Drakah UI Designer

I can see adding another hotbar, sure... but, do not remove the potion bar please, thanks.
  19. fortuneteller Augur

Thanks for calling me elitist, esp since I got to taste VT 2 years AFTER it was main expansion.

But seems a lot of people calls people: "elitist, "top raider" and such these days, when people disagree with them.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

Now we need more information.