Test Update 03/06/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Moege Augur

Let me count the oops in this latest live patch:
    End of Empires (Raid) bugged
    No merc healer in group task
    Potionbelt gone to be added to hotbars later
    Quest notification window was showing even though the "Border Shows" option was disabled.

Oopses fixed in latest live patch
    VP faction (known since beta)
    TLP Pottery idols know for years
    TLP distillates know for at least a year

Above just from the first day after the patch, not even mentioning the other thing that was oopsed and still not fixed from the previous patch e.g. map find functionality, Arx Mentis The Cost of Balance mission not completable, TBM Anashti Sul, Damsel of Decay scaling, ranger headshot, cleric intervention spells and a host of other issues.

Chuckle all you want, the amount of oops is too much, the yelling is justified.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Gialana Augur

The only one that comes to mind right now is the first group mission in Argath. Fortunately, group heals from the paladin were enough in that mission even when VoA was the latest expansion. I guess I would also expect that mercenaries aren't allowed in monster missions. There was at least one in group progression in DoDH, but otherwise monster missions are somewhat rare.
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yup!
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Blackburrow23 Elder

This is what I assumed when I heard it was in Dreadspire and people were complaining about mercs. I said to myself, "Self, Isnt Dreadspire a raid zone? Not a surprise mercs would be be potentially broken." Small oversight. Oh well.

Any who, look forward to playing the content and using mercs in April if my toons still need.

PS should xp bonus run for 19 days because of 19 years?
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Gialana Augur

That would be nice. I think for year 16 we had 160% bonus for 16 days, and year 17 was 170% bonus for 17 days. It was only 150% last year, but I don't remember how many days it went
  6. Lily Augur

Ngreth, any chance you could put faction lock potions on the loyalty vendor?
  7. Horathmir Elder

In reality half of those guilds will be stripped of players in 24 hours when Corinav opens.
  8. Fadenye New Member

Any chance you could refer this Headshot AA issue to Dzarn?
    https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1930
    Created this a while ago and I think many Rangers would be very happy if it gets solved.
    I wonder if the similar Rogue Anatomy AA has the same issue with no damage increase on RoS ranks.
    Thank you for your response on this issue.
    Greymantle likes this.
  9. wherehouse Lorekeeper

As suspected you completely broke instanced Vex Thal on Agnarr. The warders depop for 1 second after killing DXVT or TXD and then all repop in mini-atens room.
    You were told by multiple people that this was a problem on Test, yet you chose to not address it and patch it in a broken state on Live... How is it possible that leaving the highest tier raid instance in the current expansion in a broken state is not considers a show stopped bug?

These warders never worked properly even back in the day and there was a reason why they were left disabled. If you could not properly fix it then what makes you think that you would be able to now?
    Zefirus likes this.
  10. Risiko Augur

You just won the Internet. LOL!!!!!
  11. Leigo You come here often?

Aristo,
    I love the detail to spell/disc descriptions in RoS. I hope to see this going forward.

GREAT JOB!
  12. Greymantle Augur

Want a guess?. My guess is they are working on improving the functionality of all hotbars. Such changes would conflict with the potion bar. Step one, remove potion bar. Step two modify exisiting hotbars. Discuss ....
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  13. segap Augur

Or don't remove the one thing until the new features are ready and released at the same time. That's what every software project I've ever worked on does. You don't remove things from users until you have the replacement ready.

And when we have removed features that are not getting replaced, we've always told the users why. Usually it happens during UI overhauls and rarely used features per usage metrics get removed because moving them forward is complex. In this case, I did not see any sort of UI overhaul in the EQ client.
  14. Greymantle Augur

And we now see with the new patch they have done just that.
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Cant post on the other patch note thread.

Will this fix the chat lag and random disconnects that AB has been suffering with?
  16. Orbital101 Augur

Should make The Bone Rod summon Bone Rod via click and that will solve the breakage.
    Sita and Yinla like this.