Test Update 03/06/18 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Risiko Augur

It would give Erudite and people who start on that side of the world a better option for lower level content for sure, but it would not be 60 instances. It's way too far a run for a level 1 character from Gfay or East Antonica to warrant everybody going there.
  2. Fohpo Augur

Choo choo
  3. Arcos Lorekeeper

It would really help to know it there is something out there to find to raise the faction. Even a simple "look harder" from a dev would be enough to work on.
    Arcos
    Ghubuk likes this.
  4. Sancus Augur

So, right now on my mage, I have the following hotkey:

/potionbelt activate 3
    /useitem 32 28

That casts Firebound Orb and Dark Shield of the Scholar. Is there any way to replicate that without the potion belt? I understand I could use /useitem, except when I summon an orb and /autoinventory it, it isn't always in the same bag slot.

It seems like the best option right now is to keep a top level inventory slot clear so the orb always goes in the same place, but it's pretty easy with advanced loot for loot to go there. Otherwise I'm just going to have to use the two separately or tie Dark Shield of the Scholar to something else.

Can we at least get a dev comment on why the potion belt is being removed? The potionbelt had a lot of utility and an extra hotbar doesn't really make up for it.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. xcitng Augur

please do not remove the potion belt ... it is small and much easier to use than the many hotbars we already have to use, and i don't want another hotbar ... on smaller screens, laptops, etc., it is already hard enough to make room for everything needed
    Lorai likes this.
  6. Fohpo Augur

That's what I was getting at earlier Sancus, now you'd have two hotbar buttons dedicated to the shield and orb respectively, and one key bound to both of them (at least that's what I'm understanding from other people).
    [IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar, Lorai and Sancus like this.
  7. Sancus Augur

Yeah, except you can't use two items in the same bind.

I think in this particular case I could make one macro with /useitem 32 38 and bind that to the same key as Firebound Orb. I'd still be using 2 hotbar slots though, and if I ever wanted to add a third summoned item I couldn't because I'd need to be able to bind 2 items to the same key (which you can't do).
  8. Fohpo Augur

I'll have to mess with it when I get home, hoping I have enough time before I have to catch my plane.
  9. segap Augur

Why? It's more compact than yet another hotbar and has more functionality.
  10. Millianna Augur

The same reason they make most changes - to make our life more miserable and their life (devs) easier.
    Horathmir likes this.
  11. Sad Panda Elder

The new VP faction currently has no way to raise.
    The only reason i can see this being done is to make you pay for extra accounts and keep a mage with faction.

I have seen some pretty shady ways DBG keeps adding ways to scrap more money out of players. Sorry all you non raiders. Consider VP closed. The live version is terrible once you lose faction.

If you are going to force large groups of players then at least merge more servers so you have more players available. No server transfers make it really difficult for you main raiding guilds to get new players. Stop making the game more difficult when most cant do it as is.

3 months of live playing should show you where the content stands are far as difficulty and quality of play. Only 5 guilds have beat the raid content. There will not be very many more unless servers merge or transfers become possible.

Progression makes all the money now anyway. They made live servers second class.

Corinav half the exp and bad loot rules = 2-3 times more exp pots sold. Money grab with bad rules.
    Lorai likes this.
  12. Sancus Augur

If you clear all the raids every week it takes you 10 weeks (2 1/2 months) to get to VP. That's not counting the fact they took out one of the T1 raids for a few weeks, or that T2.3 was broken for a few days.

Outside of the top 5 there aren't that many guilds that raid every 5 days for lockouts, and likely none that have the attendance to get a full raid in T3 right when they're first flagged. Most guilds also aren't going to, nor are they supposed to, beat raids instantaneously. Adding a couple weeks for those considerations and it isn't exactly surprising that only 5 guilds have beat RoS in <3 months.

Vault could do with a bit of a nerf probably, but only having 5 guilds beat VP is mainly because of the flagging process that's been present in every expansion since TDS. It doesn't really speak to the difficulty of the content though.
    Lorai, Brohg and Warpeace like this.
  13. Sad Panda Elder

Exactly. Servers are spread to thin and without transfers everything is basically stuck. Those who do have the ability to play more cant because they are stuck on the server they are now. Bring up the population. Progression servers are slammed with players. Tons of guilds so you can play at whatever pace you want.

For sake of info I am in one of the 5 guilds that has progression complete. no we do not raid 5 day lockout, Just standard weekly raid as usual.
  14. EnchFWO Augur

^This. It's way too soon to call for sweeping reform on an expac with artificial time blocks (keying) per tier.

My guild didn't raid lockouts, took time off for holidays, and two weeks to learn and beat Vault. I'd say we're on course for VP by the end of April (to field a full force). That's pretty similar to the past 3-ish expansions for us (what I'd consider mid-tier raid guild). Maybe a month or so later than in the past but most serious raid guilds that aren't the top 5-10 will still finish before the summer, have it on farm for 4 months before next expac... rinse and repeat.

Now... back to the potion belt crusade which is actually something that matters.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Ironnuts Journeyman

I'm not a cynic, I don't think the govt. is out to get me, and I don't think daybreak is out to get me. But I find it very hard to believe that they didn't know 100% that this was going to be the end state of Sham/Druid dots since before last months patch.

It's like they have psychologist telling them how to roll it out. Look their never gonna forgive ya if ya just do this, so first whack them over the head so hard their heads spin (reduce damage keep mama the same) then the second month reduce the mana. That way we get to where we were going and they feel like their getting something in the deal.

I guess it's good that they are conscious of the blow back some of these things are gonna have. But jeez don't make it so obvious.
    EnchFWO likes this.
  16. Prathun Developer

This mission went to Test partially implemented. It cannot be completed on Test, but it (probably) is OK on Beta.
  17. AlmarsGuides Augur

Can we get a list of which zones and their changes? A list of what zones changed and their new ZEM would be of great benefit to someone like me who writes guides for this sort of stuff.
  18. Fohpo Augur

But you could go out and explore that stuff for yourself!
    [IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar and Yinla like this.
  19. Prathun Developer

Original
    Original (French)
    Originale (Italian)
    Original (German)
    Original (Spanish)
    OG (California slang)
    Vanilla (Ice cream flavor)
    The zones that launched with EverQuest when it released in 1999
  20. AlmarsGuides Augur

I can't get exact %s by doing it myself though and it would be far too much work to even make it remotely worth while. I'd have to spend this entire week calculating a baseline EXP % in every single zone for one level and then recheck that baseline % in a week after the patch.

If my math is wrong ill never be able to go back and acquire that baseline %.

I hate being rushed, sounds stressful and not fun.
    Lorai likes this.