Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Vexn Elder

consume krono for daybreak cash
    Risiko and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. elumxe Elder

Having investigated this some more I believe there are less than 40 minor changes needed in the client and most of them was me also counting the rename operations and setting the define to 4 mill instead of 2 including changing from unsigned long to __int64.
    The serialize and unserialize buffer code already knows how to .Get a __int64 so no changes there...

Now obviously I could only check the client, there are similar changes needed to the server code.
    All in all it took me about 2 hours to make the changes in the client... so cmon EQ_DEV/hludwolf ;) you can make this happen.

Edit: ok so the quantity window also needs an adjustment so it accepts an __int64... I can see how this turns into a days work.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. Goodn Augur

You are that guy, aren't you? The consultant who comes in to "fix" an organization's code, spends 3 months on a 1 month project, runs a short demo that is guaranteed to work, and walks away paycheck in hand...

...while everyone else deals with your mess. First rule of changing code - nothing is ever as simple in practice as it looks on paper.

Opening up the /bazaar limit is a brave, new world...a world I am a little scared of. Right now, if you have a "valuable" item, you have to work to sell it. More work = more money (in most cases). If you are lazy, the most you are going to get for it is 2M. That's a ton of plat...but also achievable. The live servers economies are kind of based around this limit. I have no idea what stretching it to 4M, 20M, 100M would do. And in a 19 year old game, I'm not sure I want to know.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  4. elumxe Elder

The bazaar code isn't 19 years old and pretty straightforward and well organized so *shrug* not looking for a paycheck I'd do it for free.
    I'm just pointing out it can be done and it's not impossible or complicated to do so, just boring and time consuming...
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

More work, believe it or not.
    wrong :)

I didn't say "impossible" :)

It's simply not "easy and quick" as a few people in the past have sugested.
    elumxe likes this.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

Would you rather have new and better content or the ability to sell items for more in the bazaar. Time might go on forever but there is a limited amount of developer time. I think Ngreth has been more than reasonable with his responses regarding the issue. People complain when the team does not comment and then when they do comment people keep egging them on which I can only imagine makes them want to comment on issues less. You don't like the response that is fine but it is what it is. Unless you can convince them to come on as some kind of intern and take on this project as peace work I don't see it happening.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We are getting stuck on one topic. Let's go back to our regularly scheduled set of wished and dreams!
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. kizant Augur

Being able to buy old rain currency by using new raid currency. At least once an expansion is so many years old. I wouldn't expect to be able to purchase EoK, TBM, and or even TDS at this point but at least COTF and prior. Of course you'd still have to do the old raids at least once to unlock items but you wouldn't have to convince people to farm them anymore.
    Risiko and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. svann Augur

Ability to sort buffs alphabetically. As monitors get bigger and better resolution those buff icons and text get pretty small (and as eyes get older).
    DebonAir and kizant like this.
  10. Qbert Gallifreyan

Having re-read the thread, a few more ideas spring to mind; hopefully I didn't list them in my earlier posts on this topic in the various threads that have sprung up relatively recently:

• A small thing (perhaps only in concept): I would like a toggle that would display players' chosen title/suffix (or lack thereof) in a /who search. I never liked having names on for players or npcs (immersion-breaking . . . ya, I'm that guy), so I'm sure I've missed seeing some interesting combinations that people are using.
    • I used to /feedback that gnomes should be able to tinker up something akin to snowshoes in order to prevent/lessen sliding on slippery surfaces. I gave up doing that about 7-8 years ago, but I still think it would be nice (since many places with slippery surfaces are in zones that prohibit levitation). Along those lines, I wish there were more ways to self-root (e.g. Marcy's Shroud when the zone allows it [does not work in many zones], or the Illusionists Stone if you're outside). NPC push is much less frustrating now (thanks for Stoicism!), but there are still enough push/pull effects out there on mobs that I'd love to be able to counter in some way.
    • Without going full-bore on an environmental benefit/detriment system, I have always wondered why we aren't damaged simply by being near lava for too long (you can usually feel the heat start to intensify within a few hundred feet). People can't stand as close as we do to lava without blistering/cooking/burning within a few seconds . . . to say nothing of walking near it in a metal suit of armor. If that were to occur, I'd like for some type of very short-term click/spell (nothing permanent to obviate the mechanic like aa points and faerune did for see invis/enduring breath).
    • A personal point of ire for me on this one! I probably wasn't the only one to suggest it, but in one of those expansion cycles where feedback on spells and aa were not only welcome, but encouraged and in many cases implemented, I suggested that I wanted an aa to force procs for a short amount of time. Lo and behold, such an aa was introduced that very next/upcoming expansion. A number of classes have it now . . . but not mine (paladin).
    • I would like a return to the polling system that fell into disuse. I remember one just before the last round of server merges that was particularly interesting and could be of future use in an updated format. That old poll was around . . . 2010 I think? The poll asked for us to rank our preference of "projects," and some of the choices I recall were more mercenary classes (which is one that was implemented), larger bags I think, player-made content/dungeons and more. The forums are probably the absolute worst place to gauge player feedback. Another sub-optimal way to obtain feedback is to listen to only one population/sub-group of people when designing/tuning/planning a big change. The random e-mail polling is a step in the right direction, but I am worried that in today's era of technology that very few people are willing to click links in e-mails from unknown/questionable sources. Perhaps meld the two and open the polling system randomly to the same number of accounts to obtain feedback in the game (and give a token amount of loyalty points like the polls used to do sometimes, to incentivize participation)?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Not a bad suggestion, but two sort orders I'd prefer even more:

1 - Sorted by time left before expiration. So I can see which ones are closest to expiring.
    2 - The really big one: Designated slots. I can say "only buff X goes in slot one". Nothing else goes there. So, when I look and see slot one empty, I know buff X is expired. And then, for the cherry on top, sets to save, like spell sets and target sets, so by one macro'd hotkey, I can change it for different scenarios (like raid vs. group, where expected buffs could be quite different).
    svann likes this.
  12. elumxe Elder

Ok now I just have to know, it can't still be 2010?!!! At least tell me you are on vs2013 now?
  13. 22wplkj Lorekeeper

Cross server dungeon and raid finders would give this old game a good shot in the arm. How to do it? Just copy what others have done.
  14. Fohpo Augur

Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere, but AoC's added to live would be amazing.
    Risiko likes this.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I'm sure it would be quite an undertaking... but a revamp to the personal bank. Our current personal bank has 24 slots with space for bags. At a minimum this allows for 240 slots with Trader bags, 480 with 20slot tradeskilled bags, or 960 with all 40 slotters. While the Find Item feature definitely helps sift through it all, I think there would be a better way to handle it.

Revamp it to look like and function like the Guild Bank. No need for permissions as it isn't necessary.

Allow personal notes next to items. Similar to guild ranks. IE - Old Gear, Quest Items, Tradeskill items, Tradeskill items. Then a drop down menu to select and only show Old Gear. If this isn't doable filtering by the same options available in the Bazaar or Find window should work. An additional option for Quest flagged items would be neat too.

It would be neat to have the bank start at say... 500 slots? Then you can turn in bags into the banker. Each unique bag expands your bank by that many slots. Basically giving some purpose to old unused bags. I'm sure there are probably 200+ unique bags in EQ, probably a lot more. It would be cool to see how large you could make your bank. It is EverQuest after all.
    Dsuna and Nniki like this.
  16. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

On phone so hope this quote edit works

To add to this, our Slay Undead is great but I would love and AA push to slay button if you will! Dont care if it was 100 or whatever per rank 30 second ranks maybe, make it 4 or 5 ranks max. 12-14 min cool down. Press it and it allows every swing be a slay. Actually maybe 20 secs per rank make is max 1 min or something.

Make headshot for ranger same type-a AA.

** do not change anything about slay undead and headshot, just want a push to activate AA in addition to what is currently in game **
  17. Risiko Augur

I'm not positive, but aren't some dispels from mobs based on order of buffs? If you could sort that, it would break the intent of that code.
  18. Risiko Augur

Yes. Please.
  19. Risiko Augur

I'm not sure this qualifies as a QoL thing or a new feature... probably the latter.

I would love to see a Guild Achievement system added to the guild window.

It doesn't have to give any rewards or benefits, but that would be super cool if it did.

What I am imagining is a tab on the guild window named something like "Achievements". On that tab it would show a scrollable list of Raid target first kills for the guild with Date, Time, Expansion, Zone, Raid target.

If.... you were to add achievements rewards to it, I would say have a reward button under each expansions raid targets that becomes enabled once the guild has killed all raid targets for that expansion. The reward would be something visual like a shield ornament, weapon ornament, or nimbus effect that allows people that see your character to visually know that your guild finished XYZ expansion.

And.... I would want this to have achievements starting with CLASSIC up through current. There's no reason to exclude us TLP people ;)
    Nniki likes this.
  20. Daivid Lorekeeper

I wish the road from 0 to 100 for molo'ers would be a little less long.
    I feel as though when I hit 87ish you are hit with a major leveling wall.
    It doesn't really make for an awesome experience to someone who just bought a heroic char.

Thank you