Quality of Life wishes and dreams. What would you want?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Trafthek Lorekeeper

A "Done" or "Close" button on more windows, like the find item window, personal tribute, bazaar, etc. It would be simpler than trying to hit the little x, its tiny on my display.
    Risiko likes this.
  2. Tatanka Joe Schmo

No, "Frikken Lazers", and comes with a shark illusion ;)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. Risiko Augur

1. UI Resolution slider
    2. Font size slider for buttons

I recently purchased an ultra wide monitor, and I had no idea until then that the UI in Everquest does not scale very well when you get in to the much larger resolutions.

I ended up having to run the game in a window just to get it to sort of be usable. The UI scaling was so bad that I thought I would need a magnifying glass to see the writing on the buttons. I don't have the best of eyesight as I am getting older, and this just made the game almost unplayable.
  4. Risiko Augur

• Auto-scale UI to new resolution
    When I play on multiple computers, sometimes I copy my UI settings on to a SD card and move it to the computer I am going to be playing on. That computer usually is not the same resolution as the one I was playing on before.

It would be such a help if all of the UI elements (chat boxes, hot bars, etc) would automatically scale to fit the new resolution in the same way they fit the last resolution.

Instead, I have to go in and adjust the size of the chat windows and adjust size of hot bar buttons.

This also happens if you go between windowed mode and full screen mode because it is highly likely you will be playing at a different resolution between the two modes. Therefore, if you change between windowed to full screen, you have to manually readjust your UI again.
  5. GoneFission Augur

You know that you can put the firebound orb in your potion bar, right. Just a right-click away. Just remember not to right click a spell gem.

I asked for these to stack to 15, not specifying that they come as one item with 10 charges. I guess I would want them to stack to two. I'd just like more flexibility in when I summon another. Brohg shouldn't really care about this since the orb already has a built in recast timer. It's not that dissimilar to the necro healing orb line. When I was raiding, I could make as many stacks of finsternacht(?) orbs as I had inventory spaces. They are also castable from the potion belt. They only had a 3000 to 5000 base heal, but as a pet class, my healing AAs allowed it to crit. I regularly used to keep a wizard friend alive through some very inattentive group healers.

It's not game breaking because the orbs are already on their own timers. I just inevitably get a named when I'm down to 2 charges left. I'd like to drop another orb into inventory on my own schedule.
  6. Eonan Journeyman

Complete UI overhaul, to allow for scaling, better filtering of personal damage, easier chat filtering, etc.
  7. Daedly Augur

Every time I log in, I want everyone in my guild to get hit with a fireworks show and entrance music of my choosing that will announce my arrival. Anyone in the guild that turns it off should be punished with a 50k dd or 50% of their health. Which ever is lower. It should read something like, "You have just been clotheslined for 50,000 points of damage"
    Risiko likes this.
  8. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I dont like playing casters, but robe ornaments look the best!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Angahran Augur

Completely redo the filter system.
    Set color/window for every individual message.
    Keep the 'categories' as a general selections but allow us to override individual messages if we wish.
    And get rid of 'Other'!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

I know that, thanks :)

The problem is that I pull constantly, so summoning an orb would pause my team...
  11. Eonan Journeyman

Oh man...I forgot...this one could potentially be "easy"? (maybe...) increase the max cost on items in the Bazaar past 2 million!
  12. Darchon_Xegony Augur

I think it may have already been said... but a much better way to store collectible items.

I'm tempted to make a new account and create level 1 mules to hold this stuff right now.

Something like one NPC per expansion that has a bank slot for each collectible from that expansion would be excellent. Or a single NPC with a bank slot for every collectible, and a drop down window to filter by expansion, zone and achievement. Plus a search function as well.

Would be pretty neat for hoarders.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Risiko like this.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

AA : glyph of speed.

Speeds up the time frame of used glyphs by an undetermined amount of time.

Id love to see a new AA that speeds up all older glyph styled AA by up to half the time to refresh.

And... Go!

Or alternately.. Make this glyph give bard speed at a higher cost hah !!
  14. windomere New Member

Don't know if anyone mentioned this, I would love a numerical value inside the little parcel box on screen so you knew if you were at 6 parcels or 49 and need to clear it out soon.
  15. svann Augur

Make raid currency go straight into your currency tab, like it does for group missions.
  16. GeauxTigers Elder

Frankly my most wanted and I think personally warranted Quality of life change would be for them to straight up poll

1) Would you pay 39.99 for us to spend an entire development cycle on bug fixes and polishing old mechanics etc.

If it's 51% or higher just do it. So much of this game could use basic fixes and polish to improve the overall experience, especially with players constantly seeing all the content the game has to offer with TLP's.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

we've mentioned before. Many Many times. not "easy."
    To really understand you have to know a bit about computer code and how computers store numbers. But. it requires a change in number type (int to int64) and that is in NO way an easy change. It sounds easy. But it's not. Becuase it's not "just one place" it's MANY places, and the way the game communicates data between client and server, and more... it's a large and somewhat "dangerous" change.
    DebonAir, Corwyhn Lionheart and Brohg like this.
  18. Eonan Journeyman

So first let me apologize, having re-read what I wrote I understand that it likely came off sounding condescending, that was not my intention. The parenthesis were there to suggest that I honestly had no idea why you couldn't. I just resubbed after a few years away and had not seen the explanation before. I get the int to int64 issue, thanks for the reply
  19. elumxe Elder

Perhaps up the limit to 0x7FFFFFFF for now then?
    I realize the change to a __int64 requires a lot of work. But I hope someone there will do it at some point anyway...
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Good thing we have those wildly popular Nobles, eh? ;)
    Slippry and Sancus like this.