Atrocious-achievement

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tevraii, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Hortulanus Cryolex says, 'There are many hidden treasures over here in the Overthere,' smiling seductively. She picks up a [plant], and it sways side to side, the plant's green maw snapping at the air.
    "Is that plant one of your treasures?"
    Hortulanus Cryolex says, 'Flora is often overlooked, yet it's amazing and often misunderstood! Plants take in sustenance from the sun and the soil and produce unusual [wonders]. I've had the luxury of studying many wondrous plants myself.'
    "Tell me more of these wonders you speak of."
    Hortulanus Cryolex says, 'One subject in particular has been giving me trouble; I've given it sunshine and dirt, but it's given me nothing but heartache and hurt. I believe the plant has great promise, if only I can get it to grow! Now the previous iteration was not only promising but exceedingly dangerous,' She glances about furtively, lowering her voice. 'The [guards] have forbidden further experimentation near the outpost!'
    "You need to avoid the guards?"
    Hortulanus Cryolex says, 'Yes. My tenure will be, uh, revoked if there are any more mishaps here... Y-You have no idea how much energy I've put into this succulent!' she blurts out. 'You know, they have a latent capacity to [grow] quite explosively.'
    "Could I help you grow this succulent?"
    Hortulanus Cryolex says, 'Good! I like your enthusiasm. One last question. Can you gather a [large] force or will we only need supplies for a [smaller] group?'
  2. Axxius Augur

We tried with: WAR CLR DRU WIZ WIZ MAG - raid geared, top quality players, the most DPS we could bring (that includes the Druid).

Keeping all non-pitiful adds down was not a problem with this level of DPS. However, by the time the Atrocious spawned, we were getting more new sprouts than we could kill. So we couldn't unlock the boss'es hp.

His hp is locked as long as there is more than 1 succulent up, and that includes the sprouts. And when Atrocious is up, his hp locks too! That means, you need to kill absolutely everything else to unlock them, including the sprouts. But more and more of them spawn with time, and at that stage there are just too many of them up.

This mission needs a massive nerf:
    • nerf the adds' hp (the boss is fine)
    • remove the mechanic that spawns more sprouts the longer the event goes on
    • the Atrocious should not be locking hp
    • cut the number of the same type adds required to spawn the Atrocious from 6 to 3
    • change the Range on [45481] Chaotic Shuffle from 1200 to 200
    kizant likes this.
  3. Mortium Elder

Considering the group Axxius took comprises of the top 4 dps in our raids, I would take his word as gospel.
  4. Bahdah Augur

5. Pano Augur

It was easy, I don't understand what the fuss is about.
    Tucoh, Sancus, Bahdah and 2 others like this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

That RoI could achieve it with a "best of the best" raid geared group isn't too surprising. That they did it with a melee/hybrid dps group is pretty interesting given the cactus' "anti melee" debuffs.

and Grats!
  7. Wulfhere Augur

... at the same time I find it hard to believe that anyone in that group hadn't already completed RoS progression prior to today. So that's two things that smell fishy.
  8. Orbital101 Augur

We might stream it tomorow with or with out the same group make up.
  9. Vdidar Augur

The fact that this mission gets this much chatter should tell Absor something but even if it it we all know he doesn’t listen much unless it’s coming from certain people. All us peons in EQ are very happy that the EQ Royalty has no problem beating the expansion.
  10. Pano Augur

We saw people whine about it and thought it would be a good time to do it.
  11. Lianeb Augur

This is going to be nightmare to get on the raid. 5 of the same type mob 5 times or is it 3. Ether way 25-30 mobs or 15-18 mobs of the same type is going to take Forever. Does anyone know if the raid has an enrage timer this could a long time to accomplish.
  12. draginn Elder

It needs to be adjusted some currently a little to rough!
  13. Pani Augur

If you have to have the "perfect" make up of characters to accomplish this task, then how are the people who don't fit into that "perfect" make up going to get this done?
  14. Hickers Elder

Well, we've had one smug picture of an Achievement tick, with no constructive feedback on how tough it was, or any particular strategy that helped, and another post stating that people have been "whining" about this.

Congratulations, I'm sure your e-peens are huuuuuge ;)
  15. Tucoh Augur

Who knew that the greatest bragging rights in RoS would come from getting an achievement in a group mission in the entry-level zone! Congratulations, guys.
    Vumad, Brohg, Sancus and 3 others like this.
  16. Bahdah Augur

We were thinking of making a video of it later, would you like that?
  17. Hickers Elder

A video of you comparing e-peens? Sure!
    gotwar likes this.
  18. Bahdah Augur

[IMG]
    gotwar likes this.
  19. Savager Augur

That's a lie, I wasn't there ;)
    Sancus and adetia like this.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

Well Savager, obviously you were replaced by an alt in the group who lacked the achievement (that you all completed day one and pre-nerf right?) so the bragging could commence. :D