Atrocious-achievement

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tevraii, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Bahdah Augur

Do you know what you're talking about? I don't think anyone got that achievement till now, its not part of progression... And what alt do you speak of?
  2. Orbital101 Augur

Sancus, Tolzal, Bahdah and 1 other person like this.
  3. kizant Augur

I'd say good job but those ugly player models ruin everything.
  4. Zaviere Augur

Interesting.
  5. Wulfhere Augur

I'm just joking with Savager in response to his post. Nothing to see here.
  6. Drogba Augur

I finally got around to going back with the pet tank idea. got it with clr/sk/mag/mag/wiz/enc.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

Just want to point out that if you get an instance where you feel like you get shadow stepped more then usual or get the Accumulated Spines(100% heal reduction) like I kept getting in the video which I usually dont get as often if at all or get 2 to 3 sprouts on a burgeon spawn and 2 to 3 more on its death I would just quit the task and get a new one.

The spawn order is renagade>pitifull>spiteflul>surreall>back to renegade so every 2 burgeons you get one of the type you need.

and for people asking... No I dont lag at all in game, not sure why the video lag so much but I would hang my self if did so much in game :eek:
  8. Zaviere Augur

[IMG]

Well, it's not an RoI exclusive at least!

Group was War/Clr/Mnk/Bst/Ber/Brd

That's right, a Bard! I couldn't believe it either.
    roguerunner, Pano, Drogba and 3 others like this.
  9. Bahdah Augur

Grats, Yea we did with a bard earlier also, SK/zerk/rog/clr/war/bard
  10. Bigstomp Augur

So sometimes the instance can be buggy? (Raid mob appearing in Goro mission is the one I've noticed most often)
  11. Tolzol Augur

I think it’s more an rng thing (bad luck) but Good and Bahdah were paranoid certain instances were out to get them lol
  12. Lianeb Augur

There are quite a few mechanics to this one that makes it tough. If your healer gets ported AND snared is bad. Porting the dps or tank around is not bad, the tank just gets summoned back. The negation of healing can be bad on the tank while trying to control 4 or 5 of the adds. Most thing can be minimized with good communication though.

This was probably one of the most challenging and fun challenger achievements to date though.
  13. Trotts Journeyman

I saw in the video that you guys were able to unlock Cactiikii's hp without killing all of the adds, looked like you just killed a seed like you can at the start of the fight. I haven't been able to replicate that though, I heard something about the '2 spawn' rule and such. Can anyone explain how this works?

Basically I'm wondering how you can just kill a seed and drop his immunity, what are the criteria for this to work later in the fight? anyone know?

Thanks!
  14. Lianeb Augur

He locks with two mobs up. The sprouting things count as a mob. Atrotious didn’t seem to count in that number.
  15. draginn Elder

I really don't like this achievement at its current form! lol I really cant stand this horrible mission at all!
  16. Pano Augur

Why? Because it's a little bit challenging?
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

LOL a little bit he says.

This is something which is supposed to be group content in the easiest zone of the expansion, the entry level.

No one should be setting up a group as if they are raiding to beat the stupid thing. If this is the future of the group content in EQ then RoS will be the last expansion I purchase.
  18. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Ya for entry the level mission, it's over tuned. Beating the mission normal isn't too bad, but still harder then the other group missions even though it's supposed to be the easiest. The Atrocious Achieve is way over tuned atm though. Like others said, if it takes a solid raid geared group to complete with out much leeway in what classes you can bring, there's something wrong.
    Yinla likes this.
  19. Monkman Augur

As someone who has finished this achievement (I was with Zaviere) I can say it is certainly a bit overturned for a group mission... with that being said there is very little left in eq that provides that much sense of accomplishment anymore. Was a great feeling to beat that in its current state. I do believe "luck" as in who is getting hit by the mana dot should be removed and replaced with a way to avoid that debuff... like many of the other emotes in game

[IMG]
    Ssdar, kizant and Sancus like this.
  20. Orbital101 Augur

Lets be honest, this achievement is over tuned for group content and challenging for raiders. Even doing it with RoS raid gear it still require the will to win... at least the first time. Even when they tune it down to 5 of the same type it will be very hard for groups and still challenging for raiders. I still think that it is just fine the way it is and give the purpose of an achievement its meaning. I mean...How long did it take to get Battle Royal? Much longer then Atrocious and that achievement was giving out Hero's AAs. Groupers want to be able to win the mission for currency not for the achievement.

Make it possible for group content to be challenged for a win but keep some challenger achievements focused for raiders especially when all they get is some 2000 looking weapon ornaments and some useless achievement pts:rolleyes: . Work for your achievements or dont bother with it either way no body care but you. Achievements that you get without even trying shouldn even exist!