Roxxlyy, I think I found a flaw in Daybreak Logic regarding recent suspensions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by narksar, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Millianna Augur

Why? “warning” and “punishment” aren’t logically equivalent statements (they don’t have the same definition). From a strict behavioral standpoint, the devs handed out a punishment. They are trying to make things look better than they are by using a word with with a soft tone.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Semantics-Quest is the worst kind of Forum-Quest :(.

Though, I guess it depends on what Webster’s, along with my Kindergarten teacher’s, definition of “is” is!?
  3. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

4. kizant Augur

It's not arguing over semantics. They're completely different things. Did you people get abused as children or something? I can't think of any other way someone would learn to equate punishment with a warning.
  5. Jaerlyn Augur

I have seen this said a number of times... But I'm curious. Have they changed things so you can remove someone else from a LOCKED task? Because unless there is a bug, you cannot. Which means each person in the task has to -choose- to drop the task before the chest is opened.

It's possible there are false positives, I'm sure. But people have made the claim they were removed from the task, and didn't know what was going on as a protest of their innocence.

Or have the locked task rules changed?
  6. narksar Augur

Something can be both a punishment and a warning of greater possible consequences. It's not a common and or normal angle, but it is logically valid. If you scold your child for misbehaving very very badly. You might also say it was a warning that they should have gotten much much worse and would get worse in the future. No one likes a scolding, so it could be seen as a punishment as well. Technically, it's logically valid, but you are right, it is not within the norm and is highly questionable as a "warning". I'd say, however, it has a sliver of validity.
  7. Millianna Augur

Warning and punishment are not the same thing as described prior. DBG made a bad decision and they choose to blame their customers for it. Wish I could blame customers were I work, my life would be better.
  8. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

[IMG]
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

You should look for a better job then if you are able. When customers are wrong like in the case under discussion they should be told they are wrong, not cuddled because the business is afraid of losing their custom. Given the specific industry DBG works in it would probably be worse financially for them to let customers knowingly exploit the game and get away with it. I for one would find something else to do with my time.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  10. Millianna Augur

In the majority of the time the customers are CORRECT. It’s still easier to blame them just like in this thread.
  11. Rorietoo New Member

DB response was heavy handed and will suffer negligible consequences by not getting renewals or people feeling salty and not buying items from marketplace. Let's move on.
  12. Lily Augur

People should spend their SC on Player Studio items, so at least some players benefit.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  13. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I have found during my time in customer service that a majority of time customers are incorrect and when you point out the reason why they are reasonable. It is the idiots who think they need to get loud and obnoxious that are the problem. I guess your experience was different.
  14. Millianna Augur

Depends on what you’re servicing. I can tell that were I work the customer is normally correct. In the past, we were able to blame the customer - new regulation prevents us from doing that anymore.
  15. narksar Augur

There's a difference between "blaming the customer" and taking actions to "punish the customer". Daybreak did both. Its one to merely blame, but to actively punish, that's another thing entirely.
  16. Millianna Augur

There’s a difference between a warning and punishment. If you do not want understand that it is your problem, not others.
  17. Khat_Nip Meow

You're going to be punished as a warning to not exploit again.
    Cut and dry, black and white.
    What's the next tangent this thread is going to take?
  18. Millianna Augur

Punishment and warning are not logically statements - that’s only thing cut and dry.
  19. Bigstomp Augur

It's easy. Don't cheat. Don't get banned.
  20. narksar Augur

If you do not want to understand my previous post:

that is your problem, not others'.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.