Agnarr vs Phinny population?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dabrixmgp, May 30, 2017.

1. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Just looked at the pop meters on the homepage. Agnarr is at Max, Phinny is at Max. Haven't seen that happen before, but I haven't looked since before GoD opened on Phinny.
  2. Quill Augur

WoW doesn't tend to release broken content and label it 'hard'. Anybody can make anything 'ultra-hard' to impossible, by having designers that are simply too stupid to set proper values, or have bugs that mean its not even beatable at all.

Generally, 'hard' content is denoted by the need to maximize your raid output. Whether it be damage, mitigation, Crowd Control or healing.. and to a level that requires few mistakes for success. Thats 'hard' content. Not half-written events that get pushed out and fixed later.

Lets be clear, i'm sure there is 'hard' content and EQ has definitely made strides in this area... lets just not get silly and take your examples as 'hard' content.
  3. Finley Augur

Really depends on what your definition of hard is and what part of the raiding you care about. Organizing and leading 200 people is hard. Being a cog in a 200 person machine is not at all. Everquest classes have a very low skill cap and the hardest part about reaching your skill cap is just finding information about the game which is not easy. WoW on the other hand has a very high skill cap for individual players.

One thing about WoW that people consider a negative is all content is released at multiple skill levels. So it's possible for a player to do Looking for Raid (easiest skill level) and claim they finished the content. But there are now 3 other levels of play, and the top tier is very difficult for everyone in the raid. Guilds wipe 500-1000 times before beating these bosses; which to the best of my knowledge has never happened in the history of Everquest.

Both World of Warcraft and Everquest are excellent games; anyone who likes MMOs should play both!