Agnarr's Irrational Hatred of Boxers

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elentari of Agnarr, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phantom Ghost Augur

Don't throw the its not classic card around, unless of course your complaining that your 512mb windows 95 compaq presario on dial up cannot run the patcher.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

I mean, by definition not knowing something because it changed is no longer being knowledgeable about it.
    My dog isn't even in this fight since I haven't had the honor of dealing with a person from P99 that I'm aware of. Most of them must have taken down the <P99> flag posted above their head that lets everybody else so easily distinguish them. Just found that funny.
  3. taliefer Augur

i only know cause so many people have said "on P99 blah blah blah" usually something about how main hand delay effects dual wield proc rates or something that was never even true in eq to begin with
  4. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

It's obvious that you do not know what 'true box' is. It states one account per computer. PER COMPUTER. That right there states that you can hook up as many computers as you like.. with one account. And then box.

Go back to finger painting and let the people who can comprehend things talk.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  5. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

There are plenty of basics of EQ gameplay and content that haven't changed in the least. People act like they are rolling in from some completely different game and it's ridiculous. P99 is harder than these servers, not easier.
  6. taliefer Augur

72 man raids of mostly p99 players taking 6 hours to clear hate and wiping to inny, across multiple guilds, begs to differ.

the general trash and exp grinding is much easier, but the actual raid mobs? id say no
  7. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Failing to kill a god a couple of weeks into a new server with a new, in the grand scheme, buff on it is the barometer for good or bad play?

At this point, I'd just be happy to get in groups where half of them aren't AFK for 20 mins out of an hour.
  8. Throndor Augur

I posted a thread about the absent minded constantly afk players just the other day. The salt thrown in response for daring to point it out was real.
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Missed that, but what's the deal with that, here? Been playing EQ a long time, on different servers, in different eras, etc etc and I've never seen constant AFKs like this. In any game, really. Hell, even the couple months I played on phinny at release wasn't even like this and that was pretty much the same thing just a year ago.
  10. malaki Augur

Considering that the particular mob in question is faceroll easy with less than half that many people, yes?
  11. Atabishi Augur

A lot of it are people who don't want to get hated on and trained for trying to level up with 4-6 boxes grouped together, so they go and join 4-6 different groups at the same time. I actually know more than a handful of people who have leveled up their entire box crew by joining a separate group on each character all the way up. Another good % of it are people who are actually playing or raiding on other servers at the time and just stick their character in to a group on Agnarr for some easy exp. Tricks of the trade my friend, tricks of the trade =)
  12. Aurastrider Augur

haha yeah the semi afk people have been doing this for years. Happened on live all the time when I had time to raid. I knew people who would be raiding, grouping, and doing solo farming at the same time. Obviously you don't want to get a bad rep in the raid so your focus is there. If a group does not like you its not that big of a deal you just move on. This is not a new thing by any means though.
  13. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Avoiding people who do this is also a reason some of us like to box. Just playing on your own schedule, and and eating when you feel like it, is another reason.
  14. Aurastrider Augur

Yeah that is partly why I box myself. Originally it was because I could not find a group not being max level so I started boxing. Now I have children and such and I would become one of these sudden afk people others are talking about if I tried to group. I probably have to go afk a dozen times or more when I try to play to tend to little ones or wife faction. Boxing allows me to do this without disrupting others game play in the process. I personally try to move away from a camp and if someone takes it I don't fuss I was not there to hold down the mobs and move on.
    Ilshade likes this.
  15. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Very courteous and conscientious of you. Thank you.

Seriously, that's not sarcasm, I really mean that. We collectively wonder why kids are are such entitled, imposing turds these days. It's because disproportionately their parents are too. You do realize you have the parent card now, don't you? You reproduced. You're allowed to do anything you want and expect everyone else to pick up your slack. Whilst simultaneously being the most noble of creatures, victimized by anyone taking issue with it.

I'm betting you don't let your kids scream at the top of their lungs in restaurants, either. Slacker. :p
  16. Aurastrider Augur

haha well they are two and two months so I try to not let them scream during meals but for some darn reason they don't always seem to listen to me. I have had to take car breaks while out so others don't have to listen to them when they become disruptive. Others don't want to have their night out ruined by my kids and I don't want mine ruined by others =)
  17. Alandros Elder

*sigh*... I literally included the FAQ that specified this, it was implied... I then posted an entire post basically re-outlining the specific rules I quoted in the post you responded to.

I'll leave the finger painting to you, I suggest you read a bit more.
  18. Alandros Elder

So you assume they don't then?

Both are assumptions, mine is based on online gaming and the general flow of the Everquest online community over the years. For example there is pretty rampant KSing, camp stealing, etc on Agnarr. Why would I assume boxers are less likely to be equal jerks in the opportunities they have open to them?

With that said I assume most players are indeed people who follow the rules... as far as boxers, I assume nothing implicitly bad with boxers, just the convenience of a single computer vs multiple computers leads my assumption most of all.

You are fully welcome to disagree with my assumption. I clearly stated "I would guess"... I didn't state it as fact. Instead of just disagreeing you chose to insult me and interpret it in the most negative way possible, that speaks a lot.
  19. Alandros Elder

Except I literally quoted the rules outlining the difference. My worst assumption was that people would actually read everything I posted lol. I then even made a complete post dedicated to outlining what I quoted in my first post. You apparently chose not to read either.

Keep your crayon insults to yourself and act like an adult. Also I suggest reading before making childish insults.
  20. Alandros Elder

I have to say the level of hate and childish insults I've received after literally quoting the FAQ for this server is amazing. I knew the Everquest online community has declined in the past almost two decades but apparently my expectations were too high.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.