Need vs Greed. My attempt to help the lil guys

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by StellarShot, Jun 11, 2017.

1. StellarShot New Member

Yeah, its an issue on Phinigel. That is why I am attempting to educate you all while you are still young in classic on Agnarr, so you can have a better time going forward. If you want to ignore me, do so.

Also! Odd that you mention the TOP 3 guilds of Phinigel as doing a need on everything system... its like they have grown and matured and been around long enough to understand the reality of the current system, so fine, ignore me, listen to the top 3 guilds on phinigel and need on everything!
  2. Trizek Augur

Fact of the matter is, it depends what the group is doing.

Don't be that guy who needs everything when the group is doing Greed. Join the group. Take the safe route and greed the first trash loot, if everyone is needing then switch to need on the trash loot next round. Ask how they're handling boss loot.

Hooray, you're now a member of the group and not getting kicked cause you think you deserve it all \o/
  3. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

i have never, on the last 2 TLP servers had a group that insisted we need on everything.

So i have no idea which world you live in.

As i often take the master looter role, and i have my game tell me when someone needs on something, i can really early stop them from needing on trash.

When high value items drop, i do not auto roll on that. I check what everyone is doing, and if someone is needing if it's NBG and they clearly don't need it, i can just remove their roll...

The loot system works great if you use it. Learn to use it instead of insisting everyone should always need on everything.
  4. Seiffil Lorekeeper

Nah, I'll ignore you, and I'll kick anyone else who insists on doing differently from how the group has agreed to handle everything. End of story, stop trying to make drama where there isn't any.
    Glansberg, blackaria and Derpfest like this.
  5. MaxTheLion Augur

My entire advloot window is set on Need unless it's a No Drop item and I wouldn't go through the hassle of changing all my settings. If you can't soar with the eagles, then don't fly with the convocation.
  6. StellarShot New Member

Lolz, going to quote myself here.

Oh, and i absolutely love how so many of you are so happy to just kick out people in group with different opinions instead of trying to hear them out, and i dunno, maybe learn something? #Ruthless
  7. Random newb Augur

Needing on everything doesn't even guarantee you loot. The leader or matter looter can take all the lot with three clicks, so just roll with the flow, but I've yet to be in a group that needs on vendor loot.
  8. Tevez Augur

I dont know where all this Needing on everything is coming from. Reading the forums you'd think it is the stock standard way that everyone plays. I have yet to be in a group where everyone needed on everything it has always been done need before greed. There was an occasion where one person who joined the group had everything set to need but happily changed it to greed when asked to do so.

I myself prefer need before greed however having everyone need on everything is fine provided people are informed first. It just seems odd though that all the forum posts on this topic seem to show 'Everyone' does full need groups.
  9. Lokarion New Member

If you need on trash drops you fail at kindergarten-level social skills and reading comprehension. There's a reason it's called greed, it's the option to choose for items you want to sell.

I don't know what game you've been playing, but practically every single group I've ever been in on live, phinny, and every other mmo I've played over the last 18 years, needing on trash drops is quite rightly an autokick offense.
  10. Kahna Augur

All need, all greed, it is all the same in the end, who cares which setting it's on if everyone is on the same setting. I personally use need, as it's what my guild uses on raids for trash money drops. Annoys the hell out of me to have to swap it back and forth, so I stopped doing pugs.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  11. Trizek Augur

I like how the OP at the end said he mostly solos and boxes, whereas he is giving advice to players that usually results in them being kicked from a group.

I think there's a reason why he only solos and boxes lol
  12. TLP Addict Augur

Don't disagree with the logic behind needing everything, but not all of us box a tank and cleric and can strongarm groups into our way of doing things.

For those of us lowly single boxers that play dps and have to LFG with all the other dps we don't have the luxury of setting the loot rules.

99% of PuGs I join are still doing NBG so I basically have to go along with what the group has set or go back to LFG for another 30+ minutes.

As a single box dps this is the reality I'm faced with when I log on and try to find a group. As anyone can see I don't have any kind of leverage to bullycide a group into adhering to my preferred loot rules.

[IMG][IMG]
  13. Atabishi Augur

I learned from the late great Fulkjoo Ninja when it comes to loot rules in a group. Need on everything no matter what it is!
    What if my group doesn't like it and boots me you ask? Start another group and out DPS their mobs until they leave the camp !
    Healbro and That One Guy like this.
  14. Rauven Augur

If its a PUG, then it makes more sense to use ML and take the ND/GD out of it entirely.

Again, the Group Leader decides, its not a democracy, and its not a consensus.
  15. Phantom Ghost Augur

I have only seen need on valuable gems and stat drop items. Fine steel is always greed.

Why make it difficult. Need and greed are self explanatory... only exception should be high valued items.
  16. Phantom Ghost Augur

This.. OP and anybody like him are nuisances.
  17. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

wow did it right and doesn't let you need on stuff unless you can actually use it at max level
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  18. StellarShot New Member

Exactly. Everquest advanced loot system is not WoW, it is not perfect and not the same. Need and Greed do not mean the same things here you silly WoW kids. All of you that said "I've never been a group with need only", let me ask you... has anyone ever "accidentally" need rolled on stuff? hmmm weird.

Keep doing your greed things on platinum items, get mad and make drama when someone's settings are already set to need all, I don't feel sorry for any of you anymore now that I've made this post. I can lead a man to water, i can't make him drink it.
  19. Kyleigh Journeyman

Was in a pug Hole group this eve *snickers*.. grouped wanted to greed everything.. group wiped because people were too busy staring at their loot windows changing all the settings.... 4/5 Clerics recommend going always need in pugs.
    yerm likes this.
  20. Aurastrider Augur

Greed option is pointless you might as well just select never on an item if you would consider picking greed on it. All of this micromanagement of changing your loot settings for every group takes a good system and makes useless busy work out of it. The devs should just remove the greed option and a lot of issues would be resolved.