Test Update 04/12/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Zish Elder

Haha, oh wow, you guys sure have some Stockholm syndrome going on don't you?
  2. Kallitank Elder

Not a fan of some of these changes, any of them to be honest. That being said I will play thru them and doubt it will make much of a difference to me. I don't blame the devs at all, I believe all the toxic call for nerfs by the player base is responsible. Once you had their attention with all the whining they decided to have a look at several other classes as well. So congrats on getting what you wanted, plus a little extra. Please continue complaining about what everyone else's class is capable of and let's see how far we can drag everyone down.
  3. zachison Journeyman

Why would you castrate the melee dps by taking our Shaman click and our glyphs away? Its will drop us to almost useless levels. May as well have a dps merc in grp, or fill a raid with casters for dps. This is the kind of stuff that make people quit playing. BAD BAD BAD decision devs.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

You add nothing to the debate, to the community, or to the game. Why?
    smash and Kallitank like this.
  5. Zish Elder

And this added what..?

Also, I'll have you know there is an AA line that exists in the game purely because I suggested it. So technically I've added more to the game than you've added to this conversation.
  6. Chaosflux Augur

Maybe it's just the business I work in, but I would absolutely tell you to pound sand if you conducted yourself like you are.

You had a direct question and got a direct answer.
  7. Raptour_MT Elder

Either nerf Twincast on all Dicho spells or none of them!! Don't single out two classes and say "sorry, we want your spell to be inferior to everyone else, deal with it!"

Make ALL Dicho spells non-focused on Scarlet & Twincast, since they basically do the same thing!!
  8. Droftin New Member

They could just give us Phalanx of One back since the defensive proficiency has become just a tank AA.
  9. kizant Augur

Wizard dicho already can't twincast, doesn't get focused by SPA 124 stuff, and it even uses extra charges of our DPS abilities for no reason. Welcome to the club.
    Beimeith and Sancus like this.
  10. Sancus Augur

Would be nice if the mage dicho was worth memming tbh
    IblisTheMage and kizant like this.
  11. Nekradd Journeyman

My tub of paladin tears is almost full Sojero wooot!!!!
    sojero likes this.
  12. Thancra Loladin

No, you're just annoying to read.
    Metanis, IblisTheMage and Reynen like this.
  13. Hostility Elder

14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Just a question, I'm not trying to be a meanie head at all but - in regards to the gains Monks received in this test patch doesn't it do very little good to buff Veteran's Wrath? The class crits at the lowest rate of any melee class in Everquest.
  15. Vindicate Elder

I liked his honest and up front answers, I wish more of these guys spoke like that every day. I really do appreciate it. Bravo Zulu!

Now about this berating the guy for giving a simple honest appropriate answer and trying to find some reason to get offended over it? He wasn't walking over anybody! Shameful, man up, grow up! Want to be treated appropriately act appropriately.
  16. HeatherPurrs Augur

As a professional Monk, this is not a boost to monks at all. I won't bother with the actual rank of Monks compared to the other two pure melee dps classes, we are all very rare these days. Monks over all were deliberately singled out so we would remain exactly where we are now in melee dps rank. We gained on no one and we ended up not losing to anyone.

Not a boost, more of a, leave them where they are change, as we crit the least already.
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I always assumed this was just a bug, and not the intended behavior? :confused:
  18. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Every time you guys implement something awesome you have to explain to people that they dont have to use it 3000000 times. Thank you for your patience.
    Thancra likes this.
  19. Chaosflux Augur

No that's intended the paladin one is also flagged not focusable or twincast able
  20. Triconix Augur

I'don't be fine either way. I want them aware that they arbitrarily gifted knights our class specific AA and are now taking half of it away from us.
    Koryu likes this.