Test Update 04/12/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Xanathol Augur

The spells from this expansion are just a collection of bad ideas - alliances, harmonious, etc. Just scrap them all and start over.
    Krazzi, Tucoh, Kleitus_Xegony and 3 others like this.
  2. Kallitank Elder

Believed no one , ever.
    Act of Valor likes this.
  3. Kallitank Elder

Obviously this person is insane. Warrior,Sham,Ranger,Bard and Zerker is my group. Warrior never ever beats the Berserker.
  4. Kallitank Elder

Obviously you or your people forgot to hit /attack on the Zerker.
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

Just to add that I still cannot get Anticipated Shots to twincast at all from Cheetah. As you state Focused and Dicho seem to sometimes work but seemingly at random don't. All the archery spells work as expected with Bifold Focus of the Evil Eye so it's an issue with the Greater Scarlet Cheetah Fang buff rather than some innate issue with twincasting itself.

Once the Dicho fix goes in we'll be left with one archery spell that might actually work as intended under Cheetah about 50% of the time which isn't great when all everyone cares about is burst DPS.
    Deloehne and Greyvvolf like this.
  6. p2aa Augur

I play in a high end raid guild, and I have a good clue on how to DPS as a warrior. And I have never beaten a berserker ever.

I didn't speak of non-tank tanking 3 mobs, but as you ask my opinion on it
    Group mobs don't hit for 22 k btw, but for half of it. So you need 120 k health to survive, which even a group geared caster in TBM/ EoK has.

Once again, I didn't speak of druids dot ever in this thread. But as I saw shamans (and druids i guess too) being not far behind zerkers before this patch nerf, it will be fun to see shamans and druids tieing DPS parses with zerkers after the patch.
  7. p2aa Augur

Linking only max hits, launch a parser and your average hit won't be 19 k, even on a silk player.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

As you may or may not be aware, Dichotomic spells work via you cast a Level 101 "Primary" spell which then autocasts a Level 250 "Secondary" spell rank 1-6 based on your progression which does the actual damage/heal/whatever.

The full story is thus:

Original Version

On Beta when Dichotomic Fire was first put in, both the Primary and Secondary spells would Twincast, causing it to hit 4 times, effectively making the spell a double twincast but paradoxically using 6 counters from abilities instead of 4. Don't ask me why it used 6 counters instead of 4, no one knows. In any case, the double twincast was obviously unintentional and made the ability amazingly powerful.

I reported this issue to Aristo and suggested he add the new Twincast Blocker effect to the Secondary spell. This lead to the creation of Version Two.

Version Two

Beta Version Two of Dichotomic Fire the Primary Spell would Twincast, but the Secondary spell would not due to the Twincast Blocker. The problem was that it was still using 4 counters (down from 6 prior).

This was because of how the spell was setup. The Primary spell had a line that was for 0 damage. This means the Primary spell was a 0 damage nuke. This allowed the Primary spell to be affected by focus effects as well as Specialize Evocation and Twincast.

However, this is ALSO the reason it was taking additional charges from our buffs. The Primary spell was a 0 damage "nuke" but since it was a nuke it was eating a charge. If you Twincast then it would eat 2 charges. The secondary spell is a proper nuke so it would properly eat a charge, and if you Twincast, it would eat a second charge because it does that check before it checks for the Twincast Block, so even though the secondary spell wouldn't actually fire twice, it would still eat two charges, so 4 charges would be used instead of 3.

Now, this was clearly NOT a good situation for us, so I again talked to Aristo and I suggested the following:

1) That he remove the 0 damage line from the Primary spell. This would make the Primary spell NOT focus/Twincast/eat charges.
    2) That he remove the Twincast Block from the Secondary spell. This would allow the Secondary spell to Twincast again. It would still eat 2 charges, but that's fine because it would land twice.
    3) That he talk to Elidroth about making a special exception for Dichotomic on our Quick Damage AA because the change in #1 would mean the Quick Damage AA would not longer give the spell haste unless a specific exception was made like he did for Ethereal Weave/Fuse.
    4) That he lower the mana cost ~15% because specialize evocation would no longer work on the spell.

Aristo made a change and we got Version Three

Version Three

Beta Version Three of Dichotomic Fire neither the Primary nor the Secondary spells would Twincast. Of my suggestions, he implemented #1, only.

When I asked him about it, he said that he had forgotten to remove the Twincast Block from the Secondary spell, and that they were now in Design Lock and he could no longer make changes, but that he would remove it the first patch after the expansion launch.

Thus, Version Three is the version that went live.

As for #3, I don't remember exactly how that went, but I believe he said it was up to Elidroth and suggested I ask him, which I did on several occasions, but Elidroth being the bag of dicks he was just ignored me or insulted me most of the time and never once replied to me when I asked about it. (For that matter Dzarn has never replied to me about it either when I've asked him iirc, but I don't hate him like I did Elidroth so meh).

As for #4, he disagreed the mana cost needed to be adjusted, but it wasn't really that big of a deal so I didn't argue it too much.

TL;DR
    It was supposed to Twincast but he forgot.He promised to fix it but he didn't. Reminding he promised to fix it doesn't get a response. I Lol at the people who think I actually have influence over the devs to get important things changed.
  9. Repthor Augur

so in short its Beimiths fault
    Brohg likes this.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Dunno why no one bothered to mention it. But notice that the test patch went in on 4/12, the patch notes said 4/19...almost as if they have no intention of doing anything but throwing everything live without testing unless (maybe, anyway, they still push known bugs live) it causes some major stability/crashing issue.

Pretty sad. I wonder if the Daybreak gives their devs a set of guidelines and grades them on their performance reviews for things like implementing monthly patches on time, to explain pushing changes through without adequate testing.

Regardless of nerfs, the crit thing really needs some broad testing for all melee classes before it goes live.

- - -

Anywho....

Would have been nice if they had fixed paladin aggro issues before neutering our dps. I just had a conversation about a ranger about this.How our dps is awful outside of 1-2 minutes every 20 minutes, and how things like fast spawning content in places like lceanium really hurts people without set groups and raid gear, particularly for progression quests.

I get the crit thing, they are doing it to everyone, but I don't get nerfing our one dps thing that mattered. Something that has existed since RoF (oh, and used to be WAY stronger before it was nerfed). Heck, I can't even break into parses against undead mobs burning everything I have. Just disappointing. But until they fix our aggro (I suggest severe neutering of sk/war ae aggro generation and then upgrade more traditional single/ae aggro tools for all three tanks to compensate), paladins are just 2nd tier tanks or 2nd tier healers depending on what your guild needs in a raid.
  11. Nekradd Journeyman

It's funny when Paladins get nerfed which doesn't happen often but as soon as they smell a nerf they start throwing Shadowknights and Warriors under the bus.... VR needed to be nerfed like our lich sting and such needed to be nerfed.
  12. Nekradd Journeyman

And saying you are 2nd tier tanks is a blatant lie
  13. Angahran Augur

Love this, you complain you've been nerfed and your solution is to nerf two other classes!
    Nekradd likes this.
  14. Aonodor New Member

Glad to see they fixed the fulmination for alliance spells. I have a question though. Is it intended for different ranks of the same alliance spell to be able to land on a target at the same time? If it's a bug, then it's been around as long as the fulmination bug.
  15. Cleaver Augur

Resource use of dicho fire and other ones is too great not to twincast or focus. Fire should of been 2-3 times as much damage if it wasn't twincastable.
  16. smash Augur

considered it might have been bug it could twincast? Also doubt it is more costly than others who cannot twincast.
  17. Chaosflux Augur

VR has been a thing since HOT

Nerfed in VOA stagnated in ROF.

I don't agree with the nerf and think it's a bit raw, but if you couldn't make a parse with VR you probably weren't using it correctly.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Or I'm in RoI and our dps people know what they are doing.
    svann likes this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

The fact you seem to think harmonious is A-OK says all that needs to be said about your lack of objectiveness.

It needs to be nerfed for both SK and Warrior. Wade into battle...maybe, I'm not sure on if that needs to be modified. But no, you aren't supposed to be able to passively ae aggro and out aggro other tanks cycling every single target aggro tool they have on a single mob that you didn't even target.
  20. Sancus Augur

Oh really?
    Nekradd likes this.