Gamparse 1.5.2 Test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Updated file in the first post, can redownload.

I know about the issue with Bards and I made a small change that -should- prevent the issue with the Frenzy disc from making them show up as Berserkers. If a Bard can test it for me by loading up a log with the problem please do.

Note that if the first thing you do after loading GP is hit the frenzy disc it will still show you as a Berserker, so sing a few songs first, then hit the disc. It should continue to show you as a Bard rather than changing you to a berserker.

No idea. Try redownloading.
  2. Taemek Lorekeeper

Gamparse has started to have several issues since PoP has released.

Some issues our guild has found so far:
    • Saryrn fight in Plan of Torment, it doesn't register the fight with her, instead it shows the raid fighting each other OR shows the entire raid doing zero damage!!! There is other bosses this has happened with as well as trash mobs also through out the zones, like Arch Mage Yozanni, Mithaniel Marr etc.
    • Fights missing completely from the parse but is correctly showing up in log file, another example is your log file showing all the correct damage inputs but Gamparse only showing a 1 hit register on said encounter.
    • Pets are not linking to their owners correctly any more and is now seeing players pet's as PC players instead of NPC's. At first we thought it was because people bought bottles of amnesia to permanently name their pets, however this wasn't the case and is happening with both randomly named and permanently named pets.
    Not sure if something has changed server side, but these issues have been pretty consistent across our raid with several players now getting together and trying to figure out what is wrong but we can't find the issue with the current features on the parser.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Are you using the test version that is linked in the first post of this thread? And if you are, did you reset the settings file each time when I said to do so?
  4. Taemek Lorekeeper

No, sorry I should of mentioned that, still using the 1.5.1.7 version.

Will download the Test version and test trial. Will report back soon.
  5. Taemek Lorekeeper

Version 1.5.2 is not currently reading from any log file active or non-active.

EDIT - I got a file to load, but nothing showing, seem to have a few not responding issue errors popping up while trying to read log files. Not once have I had these issues with the old version.

EDIT 2 - I put the 1.5.2 on 2 other systems here and none are working, either tries to read the file and doesn't OR reads the file and displays no information.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Please read this entire thread before posting about potential problems.
  7. Uaneldar New Member

I've just started using gamparse recently this new version and the last version has just been showing my dmg and nobody else's in the raid, is this a known thing and is there a fix ?

edit: a bit more info, when I first downloaded it it was showing everyone's dmg, but it was after an EQ update that it stopped for myself and other guildies. Of course I tried to reinstall it but it still just shows my .. The default setting merging pets and owners is checked.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

In EQ, under Options > Chat make sure everything is set to "show" and not "Mine Only".
  9. Uaneldar New Member

That's right, I messed with those filters. Its working, thank you.
  10. Snazster Elder

Recently, I stopped being able to see certain bosses, like Gorenaire, and on others, like Grummus, I see half the raid as doing zero damage, including myself. Guess I can reload but a Guildford has asked me why she does not see the classes of the other players in the raid. Says she used to. Thanks (and many thanks for this amazing tool).
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Are you using the version linked in this thread (1.5.2.0)? And if so, did you reset the settings file using the instructions I provided (Settings > Load Default Settings)?
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ok, I corrected a small error with flurries and another with Beastlords that caused error messages to pop up sometimes.

Since I haven't seen any other major issues in a while, I've gone ahead and released 1.5.2.0 as an official update. You can continue to use this thread to report problems. but the link in the first post is no longer valid at this time. Please redownload GamParse via EQResource at this link: http://gambosoft.eqresource.com/downloads.php

Thank you everyone who has reported issues and helped test things out.
  13. Caemien Elder

Thanks Beimeith for all your hard work on this very useful tool
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Small update to 1.5.2.1

-Added support for parsing old style /who results.

This should prevent errors when loading very old logs or for those parsing on P99 that use the /who command.
  16. Quatreh Elder

heya when gameparse told me that my log is bigger than 100 Mo and i accept to create a new one gameparse crashes
  17. CrazyLarth Augur

you might not have the setting of where the storage for the older logs be set up or that path might be incorrect. I would check that.
  18. Quatreh Elder

i set up the right pass and gameparse still crash :/
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Is there an error messages when it crashes? If so, you need to post that, or it doesn't tell me anything.

Generally speaking though most errors I've seen when backing up have been because another program (usually GINA) doesn't play nice and keeps the file locked and won't release it. Closing that program first will allow it to work properly.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Another small update to 1.5.2.2

-Prevent some errors if you copy log lines into eq as a chat message.
    -Added PC identification (PC vs NPC) when using /who command.
    Brohg likes this.