Gamparse 1.5.2 Test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Man0warr New Member

With the update to 1.5.2.2, fights no longer are displayed when loading log files on Phinigel.

It loads the log file, but none of the fights show up.
  2. Brudal Augur

Might check the "discard is less than x damage" under general options. Default might be higher than the mobs your killing.
  3. Man0warr New Member

That was the issue, must have gotten reset when it got updated.
  4. stebbins New Member

Switched to using test version as it had the pet linking fix, now the pet linking is broken on both versions, unname changed bst pets seem fine. However any named pet or base name pet (ie: Goner) don't seem to be recognized as pets anymore via the /pet leader command. Can not seem to manually link them with the drop down either.

Don't know what got changed as it just got fixed

Unsure if this is just an issue for those of us on TLP, no one in my guild seems to be able to get it to work to show pets w/ master anymore either
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There is no "Test version" anymore. The current version is 1.5.2.2. and is available from www.eqresource.com

As far as I'm aware all issues with pets have been resolved as of 1.5.2.0. (.1 was an update for an error with flurry messages and .2 was for an update with /who messages from P99).

It is possible you have a corrupted settings file and that is the issue. Try resetting it via Settings > Load Default Settings and then reloading your log file. If that doesn't fix the issue, then email me at Gamparse@gmail.com.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ignore what I said before. There is an issue with 1.5.2.2, while fixing something else I apparently forgot to capitalize one letter and this broke the automatic linking of pets. Manual linking was working though.

I'll get a fix out soon.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. drEvil Lorekeeper

.2 was only loading fights if I turned "attack on" and got the actual finishing blow on an npc
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

1.5.2.3 should fix pets again, sorry about that.

Keep a close eye on the parses though. I also found a very old bug (from before I took it over) with rampage hits that I fixed. I don't really know what effect fixing this will do to be honest. In theory it shouldn't change anything, (a quick comparison between 1.5.2.1 and 1.5.2.3 didn't show any changes I could see) but...it might.

-Added support for the bonus/penalty exp messages (it uses the xp messages to tell if you're solo/group/raid, though I don't think it does anything more with that).
    -Added support for Legacy/P99 split messages for coin.

I changed how chat/coin messages are parsed slightly. There shouldn't be any changes noticeable to you, but be on the lookout for anything not working correctly with those two areas.
  9. Aldryn Another New Member

When I use v1.5.2.3 and try to load the last 24 hours on a Beastlord I play on the Firiona Vie server, I get the following error: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application ... The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required," then all the details are in quotes below.

The last 24 hours on that Beastlord include all three events in T3 EOK, all three events in T2 EOK, and the 17th Anniversary raid. When I use v1.5.2.3 to load the entire log file for Aldryn, a Bard on Xegony, it loads up fine without any issues, and that entire log file includes all of EOK and the 17th Anniversary raid and goes back probably three to four weeks or more.

Using v1.5.2.2 and/or v1.5.1.7 work fine for either character no matter how far back I try to load. Hope this helps, and thanks for your continued work!

10. drEvil Lorekeeper

.2.3 still wont load fights unless I turn "attack on" and get the killing blow on that npc
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

@Aidren

What you pasted was it trying to email me because there was some kind of error,

except that when it tried to send the email, it encountered -another- error.

Unfortunately, since it crashed before sending me the email, I don't know what the original problem actually was that it was trying to tell me about. You can disable sending error reports via Settings > General > Suppress Reports

That should prevent sending me any bug reports, (and therefore the crash you pasted), but whatever the underlying issue is will probably still happen. If you can email me the logfile that is causing problems to GamParse@gmail.com I can see about finding the first problem. (I've already fixed the problem you pasted above for .4).
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

DrEvil, it sounds like you have a bad settings file due to the pet issue in .2. Clear your settings file and reload the log.

Settings > Load Default Settings
  13. drEvil Lorekeeper

Thanks it seems a bit better now, but still has issues with merging mobs of the same name into one parse or completely not registering at all, compared to the previous versions which accounted for every death message.

Thanks !
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Well, there is a question whether the previous versions were correct vs the current version. I say that because there was an issue with regard to rampage hits that I recently fixed. Now, it's possible I screwed something up, or that there has been a longstanding error in every version until now.

To complicate things even more, when it comes to having several mobs of the same name at the same time, NO version of GamParse, (or any parser) will be 100% accurate because there is literally no way to differentiate between them. EQ uses hidden names for things: Mob_Name_00, Mob_Name_01, etc, but these are not visible to the parser. I've asked them to do that, but I sincerely doubt they ever will.
  15. Aldryn Another New Member

When I checked the option to suppress the error reports and tried to load up the same file, it presented me with the following error about 50(ish) times:

I think(?) that's from hitting the blue-colored skeletons in Atrebe Sathir before they're marked.

Just to be absolutely sure that it wasn't some corrupted setting or .ini file, I deleted everything on my hard drive that had anything and everything to do with GamParse (registry included), and then did a fresh install of v1.5.2.3 using default settings. The error in quotes is what I was presented.

Thanks a lot for your reply! Not sure if that's something I have to fix or that you have to fix on the program's end, but after clicking "OK" several dozen times, it finally loaded what it wouldn't before!
  16. Bigstomp Augur

I've had an issue recently where it complained about SMTP.
    That's scary as hell, why does my log parser care about an SMTP server?
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  17. drEvil Lorekeeper

For example I will pull 5 mobs and not turn attack on for any, just riposte kill. Several will clump together when the older versions would give me a list of 5 npcs killed (one per death message) yes it would have overlapping data when fighting mobs of the same name, but it accounted for every npc killed in the past. Furthermore, usually the last NPC to die will not register at all. So I will have 5 mobs, 3 entries, and still be fighting the 5th mob, kill it with riposte, and it wont register.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's not a problem on your end, it's on mine. It's from the revamping on damage shields / spell feedback messages.

That line is from a Reverse Damage Shield hit where YOU are taking damage (instead of the mob). GP was missing a way to deal with that situation, hence the error.

I'm not sure why it is suddenly becoming an issue for everyone NOW, unless it is some recent change that either I didn't see in the patch notes or was left out of the patch notes? Whatever the reason I have added a proper way to parse that line for .4.

I already explained why

Can you email a logfile (gamparse@gmail.com) with this happening? Preferably start a new log file with just this in it so it doesn't get mixed in a hundred other fights.
  19. MrMajestykx Augur

any thoughts and sorry for the size, too little time to play with it but this what I get tryin to run parse
    [IMG]
  20. MrMajestykx Augur

well I see where you said you explained why but guess im blind still dont see. I ll check others for parses.