Gamparse 1.5.2 Test

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beimeith, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's been a while since I last posted an update, but I haven't quit working on adding improvements and fixing issues with GamParse, I've just been busy with other things too.

That said, I've reached a point where I think it's pretty stable but there have been enough changes that I'd like a few people to help me test it before I consider it an "official" update.

So for those interested in testing upcoming features for GamParse, providing feedback, and offering suggestions, follow this thread.

As before, you can download the latest test version: Here
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Changes:

-Added parsing for Parcels you sent, and received (removed from the window) in new Parcels Tab.
    -Added parsing for Advanded Loot System Need/Green rolls in Randoms Tab.
    -Added parsing for Symbols in chat channel names.

-Added Event autocombine for Wither and Decay raid. (Wither and Decay will parse as single fights instead of splitting when their names change).

-Added Button to save Chat Results to text file on Chat Tab.

-Added check that gives priority for Players > Pets. (If GP finds both a Player and Pet with the same name, it will count it as a Player).
    -Added check to prevent invalid things being flagged as a pet.
    -Added check to prevent invalid things being flagged as a player.
    -Added check for all gods in PoP to ensure they parse correctly.

-Fixed error when you are hit by 1 point of a Damage Shield.
    -Fixed error if no limit was specified for search results. (It will default to show ALL)
    -Fixed error parsing some symbols. (Updated from Unicode 7 to 8).
    -Fixed issue displaying "%" symbol. It should now display more reliably. (Chat, Search).

-Added option to reset all settings to default. (Settings > Load Default Settings).
    -Added option to choose which item database to search when double-clicking an item in Loot/Parcels tabs. (Settings > General).

-Cleaned up code for Lastloaded/Monitored lists. (Shouldn't notice any difference).
    -Cleaned up code for Faction parsing. (Shouldn't notice any difference).
    -Cleaned up code for Old-style /Random parsing. (Shouldn't notice any difference).

-Changed the Combine Fights button on the Fight List tab to be available only when two or more fights are selected.
    -Combined Fights will no longer display as "Fight 0" in the program titlebar.

-Changed parsing of spellcasts to also parse spellnames that end in Roman or Arabic Numerals. (This greatly increases accuracy at the cost of some performance).
    -Changed parsing of spellcasts to only run if player class is unknown. (This should increase performance)

-Added all known castable Beastlord-only spells to be checked. This should greatly improve identification of Beastlords at all levels.
    -Added all known Beastlord Discs, and all versions of their "Fury" line to be parsed.

-Added code to reduce the flickering and increase performance when loading large amounts of data. (Spells Over Time, Chat, Search)

-Set many controls to hide when loading to increase performance when loading large files.

Please give extra consideration to the items in red that they are working correctly and that I didn't break those things I changed.

Thanks!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

-The issue with pets no longer associating with their owners should be fixed.
    -Gorenaire should no longer be identified as a player.

-Added a testing option that alters the fight parameters, specifically the point at which a fight begins. It is currently disabled. There should be no change in functionality to previous versions.

-Added a testing option that reports errors back to me to make it easier/faster to fix. This can be disabled by checking the "suppress reporting" box under General Options.

Redownload from the link in the first post.
    IblisTheMage and Sancus like this.
  4. Brohg Augur

Thank you.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

-Fixed an issue that could cause a failure when attempting to back up large log files (more than a few hundred MB).
    -Fixed a small issue where if the log that is being monitored is renamed or deleted, (and therefore is no longer being monitored) it still showed as being monitored.
    -Clarified a few error messages.

Redownload from the link in the first post.

I've also updated my EQ Log Cleaner tool which is available here. While it works fairly reliably it is still a work in progress so always have a backup before you mess with things.

Changes for that are:

-Updated Regex for chat channels to parse symbols in channel names.
    -Fixed the option to not delete the original file when that option is selected.
    -Added labels to display the currently selected file.
    -Hid the superfluous Class Options Tab as it was empty.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Updated file, can redownload from first post.

Also, you will need to clear your settings file via the option:

Settings > Load Default Settings

-Changed which channels are looked at when classifying combatants as Players to exclude /Say and /Shout. (Note: This has nothing to do with reading "/pet who leader" command, that's something else).

This should reduce the number of NPCs falsely being identified as Players. It will reduce the accuracy of identifying actual players as well, however that should be negligible as most players will still be identified via /Guild, /Group, /Raid, /OOC, /Auction, /Fellowship, and /Tell which are all still checked, (or via other means such as /who).

This should resolve the issue with pets "going rogue" with one exception: Owners' pets. While others' pets are limited to /Say which is now excluded, players' own pets also utilize /Tell, which I am reluctant to completely exclude simply for this.

The only real options are:

1) Exclude tells
    2) Ignore Default Pet which is set via options (and only works reliably if you have a named pet)
    3) Compile a list of every /Tell pets make to their owners and specifically ignore them.

I'd prefer to do option 3 as it doesn't have the downsides of 1 or 2, I just need a list of everything pets can /Tell their owners.

Also: Thanks to Drakah and Szilent for helping me to track down and identify the problem and work on solutions.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ok, barring any other unforseen messages, the issue with pets should now be fully resolved. Thank you Puzzling for helping me with all the messaging they do.

Additionally, I've put in place a temporary fix for Beastlords over reporting their own damage when using Feral Swipe.

I say it is a temporary fix because I don't particularly like the way I did it and it is likely it will be changed in the future when I can figure out a better way to do it. That's all you really need to know, so you can redownload from the first post and clear your settings via Settings > Load Default Settings.

If you'd like to know more...

To put it simply, Beastlords see this:

[Tue Jan 31 04:20:43 2017] You begin casting Feral Swipe XII.
    [Tue Jan 31 04:20:43 2017] Combat Dummy Azia was hit by non-melee for 94823 points of damage.
    [Tue Jan 31 04:20:43 2017] You punch Combat Dummy Azia for 94823 points of damage.

The first damage message is the "old" message that was only visible to the caster. The second message is the new message and is visible to everyone. I've changed it so that the second message is no longer being counted for Beastlords so it will now be accurate.

What I don't like is that this means self-parsing will show damage as being "Hit" Type, whereas anyone else parsing it sees the damage as being a "Punch" Type. Nitpicky maybe, but I don't like them disagreeing. Unfortunately changing this is a lot more complicated than it sounds because it involves changing the order in which some things are done, and that risks breaking other things. It will probably happen at some point however.

As a side note: Beastlords keep breaking . They're worse than Bards.
    Sancus and gotwar like this.
  8. Hellboy007 Augur

Wish parsing bards stuff was better or in some cases even possible.
  9. Hellboy007 Augur

would also be nice if you could pull in raid set ups and somehow add that to the parses.

like if you could input in the raid roster file and it groups the players according to group.
  10. Branntick Augur

Appreciate the updates Beimeith!

Had a question for you if/when you get the time. Can you think of any reason that my overlays in Gamparse wouldn't work reliably? For instance, sometimes I'll be halfway through a fight then suddenly my Live DPS overlay will appear. However, if I alt tab out of the EQ client, the overlay is very clearly still working and is overlayed on my desktop.

Something is seemingly preventing it from staying on top of the EQ client window, specifically.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

In EQ under Options > Display, make sure the option "Overlap Windows Taskbar" is NOT checked. This forces EQ to be in the absolute front of everything onscreen, which makes it impossible to put something in front of it.
  12. Branntick Augur

Jesus, I didn't even know that was a thing.

Fixed. Thanks.
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Ok, so, as usual, doing stuff at 3am leads to problems with typing and I mistyped something. It has now been fixed so pets should parse properly. For real. Super Cereal this time.

Also, I've changed it so that pet tells will no longer spam the Chat tab with their garbage messages.

Redownload / Reset / Reload for great Vicotry.
    Vdidar and Drogba like this.
  14. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

Feature request:

Add line breaks when copying text from the chat tab. Right now if you select a bunch of text and then hit the "Copy selected lines to clipboard" button it will just barf out a practically undecipherable wall of text when you paste it into a text file.
  15. Drogba Augur

Feature request:

add a copy to clipboard button showing all the tanks damage taken like we can for healing and dps
  16. Vdidar Augur

I just wish the dummies had an aggro list so mages could parse the of many line on them.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  17. Zarzac Augur

Thank you for continuing to work on this!
  18. Hellboy007 Augur

Can you add some bard stuff? Thanks

1st Spire
    You focus on the first spire of the minstrels.
    focuses on the first spire of the minstrels.

2nd Spire
    You focus on the second spire of the minstrels.
    focuses on the second spire of the minstrels.

3rd Spire
    You focus on the third spire of the minstrels.
    focuses on the third spire of the minstrels.

BP
    You are tuned by a ionian arpeggio.
    is tuned by a ionian arpeggio.

Auspice of the Hunter
    Your instincts are sharpened by the auspice of the hunter.
    's instincts are sharpened by the auspice of the hunter.

Dichotomic Psalm
    Your mind is infused with potential.
    's mind is infused with potential.

Reflected Rejoinder
    A powerful word restores your mental power.
    's mental powers are restored by a powerful word.

Funeral Dirge
    You sing a slow, sad song.
    sings a slow, sad song.

Bladed Song
    You surround your target in a bladed song.
    sings a bladed song.

Flurry of Notes
    You unleash a flurry of notes!
    unleashes a flurry.

Frenzied Kicks
    Your legs feel weightless.
    is kicking with blinding speed.

Insults
    You contrive a venomous insult.
    Shrieks a venomous Insult.
  19. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It already inserts line breaks. It does, however, depends on if the program you are pasting into respects those line breaks or not. If you paste into Microsoft Word which respects proper formatting it will work fine. If you paste into EQ, though, you will just get a blob. Pasting it to these forums:

[Wed Feb 01 21:46:48 2017] Povar.Xalteny tells serverwide.eqresource:6, 'Not that I can tell but everyone went LD'
    [Wed Feb 01 21:46:59 2017] Vox.Farglaemy tells serverwide.eqresource:6, 'not anymore right now'
    [Wed Feb 01 21:47:18 2017] Luclin.Kilzadi tells serverwide.eqresource:6, 'less people means less lag.. this is DB's way of purging'
    works just fine without any need to split or reformat the lines for clarity, because this forum software respects the line break.

Since you mentioned a "text" file I'm assuming you're using Microsoft Windows Notepad and this also does not respect the line breaks which are there, and that is the program's fault, not mine. I would suggest that you use a better program such as Notepad++ which is infinitely better in every way.
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Since it already gives you a damage breakdown by damage type, I'm assuming you're referring to having it give a damage break down by each individual mob?