Missing PoP Spells

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Klang, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Klang Lorekeeper

So I went looking for Firebolt of Tallon, which was a level 61 PoP spell that was sold on vendors are part of the release of PoP (there is no parchment turn in for it). It's missing, which I think is an accident. I found an old archived thread that had a list of all the ones that were missing as this has happened before on Progression Servers:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...dor-bought-lvl-61-spells.196055/#post-2922633

Hopefully we can get this fixed.
    sunshinez and Taladir like this.
  2. Caxx Journeyman

3. Taladir Augur

Prathun is usually outstanding about looking into issues like these. Hopefully he sees this.
  4. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

That NPC was removed because it sells other spells up to level 70. They normally don't go through a large majority of NPC's and remove individual items for progression servers so instead the NPC disappears until the appropriate expansion.

Hopefully the move the spell to another vendor.
  5. Machen New Member

They actually do have the spells tied to the right expansions on those vendors on the TLP's. New vendors will regularly appear on expansion launches with only the appropriate portion of their spells, three or four expansions back (I forget which)
  6. Baldur Augur

This really needs to be fixed. Before the spell research nerf we would have been able to make these with spell research, now they aren't in the game at all.
  7. Kiani Augur

And yet, there are some level 51-60 DoN spells available on the vendors.
  8. Thellonious Journeyman

This is pretty disappointing. Same problem existed on Fippy. The spells that are missing from the vendor are not physically possible to get otherwise. The turn in mobs aren't coded to hand them out because they are supposed to be purchasable.

For example, the quick spot heal is the cleric merchant available spell. Taking away access to this is a pretty real issue. Can we not get a separate NPC that sells the available 61 spells?
  9. Aziuno Augur

Maybe I am missing something here, but when PoP came out I don't remember any 61-65 spells being on the vendors. My main was a Cleric and I remember the pain of having to get Ethereal/Spectral for all of my spells, or getting lucky and someone would sell their spell back to the vendor after getting one they already had.

(Also a lot of the 60 spells showing up weren't on the vendor as well)

Looks like the spell you are looking for is available through Ethereal Parchments like all of your other spells at 61, according to Allakhazam

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=3318#Quested
  10. FurySoul Augur

iirc, most kunark and beyond era spells do not have many vendor spells (unless its special) until they come out with rank spells, where most rank 1 spells are on vendors out the gate. early EQ made spells part of the farm/questing.

And for past content spells and vendors, most are in pok and I believe populate spells of the "unlocked" expansions, which I think is 3rd expac and older, behind current. This should also apply in the future to auto grant AA.
  11. Baldur Augur

12. FurySoul Augur

EverQuest: The Planes of Power
    Video game
    Initial release date: October 29, 2002
    spell: Apathy MAGIC ITEM
    WT: 0.1 Size: SMALL
    Class: ENC
    Race: ALL except FRG DRK
    added: 2002-12-27 12:51:09
    It fits the time frame of PoP according to Lucy, but seems like it was added to the expac after initial launch. Wonder if that is causing it to be missing...
  13. Ryak Augur

Same story with the necromancer spell: Dark Plague
  14. Aziuno Augur

15. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Fixed, thanks. Not that this matters in this particular case but we put items as the quest rewards sometimes to just show what items you can get during the quests that way people know which quests they can do in order to get those items. They aren't necessarily the end reward of finishing the quest.

This particular case, someone overlooked not adding the druid quest which I fixed since it is the exact same spell.
  16. Sigismund New Member

Also missing lvl 65 Stonewall Disc for Warriors
  17. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Stonewall Disc appears to be a LDoN discipline. It was introduced among the melee revamp at the end of 2003.

Was this available on previous progression servers during PoP?
  18. Tocu New Member

Apathy was definitely live with POP and if you just look at the tier 1 and 2 zones there is a ton of mobs that require it. Makes these spell mobs not being there an issue that is a huge problem at launch for the viabilty of the class getting groups and more long term the other spells that would be very useful for all other classes.
  19. Saimhann New Member

Let us research! >< problem solved
  20. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Still missing 61 spell merchants in PoK. RIP Supernal Remedy and Apathy.