Claims bug - It's time to do damage control, Daybreak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxTheLion Augur

- EQ players.
    Milfurd likes this.
  2. Warlorf Augur

Ok so for those of us who had nothing to do with this, we can carry on as per without worry that any hours spent exp'ing this evening will go to waste in a mass rollback?

I didn't wanna come out and directly ask it, but maybe I should have.
  3. Baldur Augur

Does this account review mean reviewing all the items that were claimed? Specifically the tradeable gear.

It could be anywhere, not even on that account. These items need to be deleted, you can't just leave defiant gear on this server...
  4. Trevalon Augur

Why must you always be so cryptic? Are ya'll not able to remove the gear? Is that what the problem is? You can't actually do it so your just gonna go after the people who claimed but leave all the gear that was traded/bought? If your gonna be able to remove the gear then just say: "The gear will be removed".

And its not just gear, the mounts that were claimed are arguably more game breaking than the gear.

At least say something other than: "haha, better not hold your breath" which is what you basically just said.
  5. Baldur Augur

The bug has been there forever, they can't do a rollback.
  6. Machen New Member

Tell us more...
  7. annoyingNecro New Member

RadarX those of us that didnt exploit have to worry about a rollback i would like to play but I dont want my time waisted!
  8. Silinius Augur

I'd recommend while checking that list that if there is no previous dubious activity associated with the accounts and said /claims were done today after this exploit became much wider known, that you provide a "warning" that any further dubious actions will result in Suspension or Ban's. I'm hearing of a ton of people that simply claimed the items today, just to see if they could but never equipped said items, used them during encounters and deleted them once realizing that it did work.

I personally did not take part in the festivities so I'm not worried for myself but issuing suspensions or bans on first time offenses when it had no direct impact on current game mechanics is pretty harsh.
  9. nobody7678 New Member

Glad this is getting the attention that it needed. I bet they knew about it a long while ago and refused to do anything about it.
  10. Astley Augur

My guess...

1) No rollbacks
    2) All claimed items deleted + item recovery windows checked and removed if trying to circumvent
    3) All accounts that claimed said items by way of bug issued warnings.
    4) Extreme account situations, ie multiple claims or attempting to sell them - Temp suspension or bans.

It's the most appropriate way to deal with the situation at this point.

Anyone calling for perma-bans on people who just tested it out and haven't been using them for awhile, are really just getting their raging justice boners in a tizzy.
    ClericHeals likes this.
  11. Rational New Member

Responding to this should be handled as such:
    • Remove all claimed items that should not be in the game from Phinny, LJ, RF. If you purchased these items from someone else, you are simply out the money. Too bad. You knew the risk you were taking. You do not have clean hands. (This includes non-tradable items.)
    • Any accounts that claimed out-of-era items more than one time should be considered repeat offenders and should be banned.
    • Any accounts that claimed out-of-era items one time should be suspended for some reasonable amount of time.
    • Avoid a rollback. There's just too much other stuff that has gone on contemporaneously (raids, leveling). Why punish the community for the actions of a few idiots?
    That's how I would handle it if it were my game. Sure, it doesn't account for the money made by the folks who exploited it. That's going to be hard to resolve without a lot of time.
    Oh, I'd also review basic practices about client/server games with my development team.
  12. Astley Augur

How long ago did you buy it, and have been waiting to /claim it?

Because if it was within the last day or so, I can understand that... submit a petition and they may just have a GM put one in your inventory.

If you bought it weeks ago, what the heck were you waiting for?
  13. PhinTank Journeyman

Don't forget all the people who bought the new expansion today just to get the mount on phinny!

$$$
  14. Rational New Member

Would be nice to get a status update here.
  15. HerroThere Journeyman

Been going on for months and didn't affect me then, doesn't affect me now.

Thanks instanced game play.
  16. Astley Augur

Well, allegedly this has been in game for months. So their group of 30 theoretically COULD have been buffed up with the items back then... but who knows.
  17. Rational New Member

Well I'm convinced. Phinny has instances, and it's helping sell items. So don't fix this on Phinny.
  18. Astley Augur

In the long run, it will cut down on number of EXP pots Daybreak would sell on Phinny though. Which I imagine is one of their biggest sales items due to reduced exp rates.
  19. RadarX Augur

I've cleaned up the tail end of this thread a bit. Folks we want you to be able to discuss this but I've had to do a few more forum suspensions today than I'd prefer. Let's keep things on topic and constructive.

There won't be any further updates today. Claims have been turned off and will remain that way until next week. Accounts who have taken advantage of this are being reviewed and action taken.

That's all we will be able to provide you for now.
  20. Really Angry Bear Journeyman

I think the easiest solution is to offer 5 dollar christmas packages of full defiant gear for everyone
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.