Claims bug - It's time to do damage control, Daybreak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Dec 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlorf Augur

it wont be allowed to happen. These people think they can outsmart the Devs ... even if they succeed they will be pointed out to the devs who I can almost guarantee would take a very harsh stance against them exploiting/circumventing the fix.
  2. Mowens Elder

You know a lot of people who are trying to further compound this exploit? Are they guildies? Or just random people in general chat...either way, I think anyone taking part in exploits on Phinny should be perma banned.
  3. MaxTheLion Augur

Whatever, Warlorf. Those who are going to progress will do it regardless. Velious content was beating by certain guilds solely by the ability to bypass some mechanics using pet aggro tanking. While we're at it we should delete/ban all characters that did that too?
  4. v01d Journeyman

Agreed. The harsher, the better, in cases like this.
  5. Machen New Member

People are thinking they can outsmart the Devs because they have used this tactic before many times in the past, and mostly gotten away with it. There have been dozens of similar situations over the years on the progression servers, and sometimes the devs have checked for deleted/reclaimed gear (especially more recently), but many times they have not. Don't assume it won't be allowed to happen, you can never predict what these devs might or might not do.
  6. Warlorf Augur

Are you confused on what you are responding to? Max you may want to re-read and respond. The one you posted makes absolutely no sense with what is being discussed.
  7. Baldur Augur

Are you seriously equating using a game mechanic to claiming items that people knew they shouldn't be able to claim on this server and doing it anyways?
  8. MaxTheLion Augur

"Those of us concerned about legit progression without exploits and circumvention appreciate your teams efforts on this" - Warlorf. When we start wanting rectification for certain things but not others we are becoming ridiculous. Tell us where is the limit between too much and just enough. I don't think people should have had NToV gear during Velious because it wasn't legit. Don't see me shouting for attention.

Baldur, you know or should know that the strategy that was being used was not a game mechanic that was intended. It was overlooked the same way this was and people used it to their advantage.
  9. Warlorf Augur

Max you think im some sort of headhunt/pacification quest. I said those us us concerned ... if you are not concerned or care about it look the other way. Im not holding a gun to your head. You took the statement and went about 20 levels further with it than what was implied.
  10. PhinTank Journeyman

I'm curious to see what threshold they use for punishment. You can't realistically punish the guy who claimed a lamp post, the same as the guy who claimed 10 sets of defiant, sold on bazaar and claimed every stat item possible.

I can't see them suspending someone just for claiming something. I'm sure plenty of people claimed a welcome to everquest or lamp post thing.
  11. Kontra Augur

I would like to take this opportunity to blame Radarx personally for any and all issues related to the exploitation and/or misuse of the claim system/window.
  12. Freeney00 New Member

Hi Ck!
  13. Ckador Augur

MORGAN FREENEYMAN! You watching this Pantheon stream?
  14. Voss Elder

#defiantgate2016
    #accidentallyopenplanesofpowerjanuary2017
  15. Ckador Augur

Should just move anyone that claimed these items to a Live server. That way you can wash your hands of banning them outright. IDC, didn't waste much time on Phinny, but just saying.
  16. Thornpaw New Member

Maybe suspend those who exploited and reward those who didn't over that time with double exp lol
  17. MaxTheLion Augur

I'm sure the developers need all our opinions to make their decision... Ban all EoE because they have a bad name on the Phinigel server. Ban AoS for waking the Sleeper even though they said they wouldn't. Ban those mentioned players that were KS'ing Praesertum in SS. Ban many people for breaking terms of service and allowing friends/family to use their accounts. Ban people that pulled Emp to zone-in. Ban people that illusion through doors. What else should they ban for?
  18. Warlorf Augur

I approve of this Dble XP reward idea
  19. Freeney00 New Member

Looks like it is gonna be great when it is finally released in 2028...
  20. Warlorf Augur

Ban MaxTheLion for being an over dramatic Drama Queen? .. something along those lines .... seriously man.
  21. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Punishment, if deemed fit, is probably going to be reserved for abusers. I periodically claimed lamp post, mark of neriaks, and the other items that have no use to keep track of the situation. That would be interpreted differently than someone that claimed a mount that gives 20 mana regen, insane stats, that transferred it to a level 1 toon to destroy to try to launder it. Or someone that went through dozens of defiant pieces on different toons to sell.

although 7 days for a lamp post would be fairly epic!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.