armored snow puma saddle

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zeklia, Sep 29, 2016.

1. rorriana Elder

2. oldandnasty Augur

I am old and nasty so I don't need to look for a reason. There isn't really any competition to be had on Phinny, unless you talk about leveling up. Not even sure about that, as I have never played on Phinny. I only care because I used to love EQ, at least until GoD came out. You believe what you want about Phinny, to me it is another example of DBG trying to milk every last cent out of the cash cow before they put her down.
  3. Mysteweave Lorekeeper

I'd like to point out to Ryak that it really doesn't take much skill to do the Quarm trials in this day and age with all the modifications they've made to the game. Now, when the expansion first came out -- back in the day, then it was a challange and required some skill. Its pretty easy now because everyone has write ups on ZAM to look back on. When I did it the first time, we really didn't have any info, we just plowed through and figured it out. So, honestly, so glad you had the time to put in extra time to do Quarm while doing Phinny at the same time. Most people probably didn't, and those people piggy backed on others :) So whatever. And: Who cares. All this whining because you didn't get the marketplace mount. I pretty much intended not having a mount for some time, and I'm in a raiding guild on Phinny and you think I'd be rolling in plats, but I'm not. But honestly, its whop de do. Make a bard and use bard speed.
  4. Really Angry Bear Journeyman

I thought ZAM comments were only good for sharing the adventures of people's epic tale of how they solo'd a grey mob with their level 84 beastlord, 82 cleric, and 17 mercenaries.
    Glistarian likes this.
  5. Beastro Augur

Same rule applies, especially when it would cause more problems to remove them.

Certain was a mistake and one that I bet the fool who did it will be catching flak for for every time he comes into work for awhile. This sort of drama isn't worth a cash grab.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

They have nothing to gain when they can't do anything to please those aggrieved.

Despite some quitting because they couldn't play at other people's expense, there are still many in certain raiding guilds that still get their kicks doing it when they can.
  6. NeonTribez Journeyman

This is so much pay to win. Your giving players a mount that has the same speed as the 100000pp saddle. Sitcasting, and bonus stats for armored that has 50 more mana and hp/ and more ac than current purchasable mounts atm. And at the time it was only 950 DB CASH.

WHYYYY????

I knew there was going to be luclin drama, but I didn't think it would come out of the cash shop of all things. Holy cow i'm actually worried about the integrity of DB and re thinking if this game is stable to play or just a pay to win mmo and how is this even progression?
    oldandnasty likes this.
  7. snailish Augur

^Yeah, we get some of those...

Anyways, though perhaps not popular, perhaps the correct move would be to treat mounts like the "newbie" armor, particularly the weapons:

-any mount Daybreak deems not era-tied could be available with Luclin, probably should be set to top vendor horse speed vs. making the raid speed mounts "buyable". No mounts before Luclin.

-Speed could increase with LoY (drogmors)... at the earliest, otherwise when high speed mounts became relatively common in game (which would be later).

-stats on mounts would kick in with whatever expansion era first saw us have stat mounts... I feel like this was after OoW, but could be wrong on that. This may even need to be tiered over several expacs the way the newb weapons improve by era (on progression).

This way nobody loses anything, though some paid early for the look of a mount that isn't unlocked to it's best yet... would still all be matching the best mounts they could buy in Luclin, and eventually much superior to a Luclin horse. Thoughts?
  8. Ryak Augur

Stat mounts were not a thing until far after omens. They weren't even a thing during The Serpents Spire. That is what makes this a particularly insane instance of out of eraness

And when they were added, they were added with stats which were mostly insignificant compared to current stats. This is NOT THE CASE with Luclin era stats at all, though.
  9. Storytimebros Elder

It would be nice if they offered the full line of mounts including the legands of norrath ones. Make it an even playing field now that we have them currently in the game with out of era stats. Why just offer some expensive mount in a downgraded form? If you want more money then offer the full variety of them in the marketplace and leave the decisions up to the buyers.
  10. Jezzie Augur

May as well! If a stat mount has been leaked and is not going to be removed then I don't see the problem with giving us more options such as my favorite Dragonscale Skystrider.
    If Daybreak wanted more money then they could charge us to ship LoN /claims from Live and use them on Phinny. Now tht LoN is deceased I will never be able to use my Frightful Wrulon again, it's rotting on live along with my housing gear.
    LoN paintings are not game breaking, maybe something for the devs to think about?
    I would gladly pay to transfer my collection of LoN housing from Live along with my collectors edition houses in preparation for housing on Phinny. We won't see another Hermits Hideaway (which is an exploration achievement) unless it's offered through /marketplace.
    Maybe Daybreak could come up with a system to /unclaim claimed items such as selling tokens in the /marketplace so they can be reclaimed on Phinny?
    I wish somebody would review LoN claims, the only problems I see with them are a few stat illusions, potions and weapon ornament procs. I think the rest of it is cosmetic fluff and it's only purpose seems to be making Norrath weirder and more interesting to look at! That can't be bad, right? It doesn't seem any different from using Hero's Forge, not to me anyway!
  11. taliefer Augur

i bought one of the armored pumas on each of my accounts as soon as i saw it.

that said, if they remove the stat buff i wouldnt really care. its nice, but its biggest impact is on tanks, and there is nothing remotely challenging to tank in luclin as it is.
  12. Banecrow Elder

13. AwwYiss New Member

Lots of items are selling points on red guides. have a SoD? They don't drop anymore, instant boost in price due to rare item. Guise of the Deceiver? same thing. you can go on and on. you missed out on a sweet deal, life sucks, get over it. watch for stuff like this in the future.
  14. Numiko Augur

You can really tell which people snapped one up and the ones who did not in this thread!
  15. Ryak Augur

You say that, but some people have this thing called principles. I'm not interested in buying something that's obviously 10+ expansions out of era, and i honestly expected that it was a mistake that they would simply refund, so i would have been wasting my time even if i did buy one.
  16. AwwYiss New Member

The idea that your principals translate to the masses is delusional. if you didn't buy it, good for you, but don't shame anyone that did.
  17. Banecrow Elder

Once again people just
    [IMG]
  18. jiri_ Augur

The cold never bothered my snow puma anyway
    Banecrow likes this.
  19. Numiko Augur

they usually have a 50% off mount sale for black friday, i'm waiting till them to get one
  20. Astley Augur

Yeah... but that's almost 2 months without being able to meditate on a horse.