Sense Heading - Progression Server Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machen New Member

Yes, and still are.
  2. Damdor Journeyman

GoD was quite fast and easy for Vulak and Fippy. We thought going into it that it would be much harder, it was much easier than expected. It would be nice to not have these both launch at the same time.
  3. -wycca Augur

They're also the worst raiding guild on Fippy =P
  4. Machen New Member

Only because everyone else quit! There's a pretty long list of guilds we bested before everyone left the server.
  5. Weebles Augur

Add me to the list of people that thinks releasing GoD with OoW is idiotic.
  6. taliefer Augur

any chance of communication here? is DBG at least open to reconsidering bundling GoD with OOW? i realize its a ways off, but it was a ways off when you decided to let us know of the decision in the first place.
    Your_Ad_Here likes this.
  7. yerm Augur

They're rushing out an OOW server called Quarm, which will allow them to see the impact of the bundle in an alternative setting. I assume someone at Daybreak is obsessed with OOW being awesome and will likely try to use it as validation, especially if the winning group does do Tunat before OMM dies. Or, maybe I'm just being pessimistic, and they'll set metrics in advance and actually evaluate the impact of OOW on GOD content when concurrently released.
  8. Queena_Brokenhearts Augur

I'm not putting in the effort to research, because I think it's idiotic to release them together either way, but I'd imagine the other encounters leading up to OMM drop far better loot than most items coming off Tunat.

You might Kill Tunat because you get his loot AND the other stuff, but I don't see anyone killing Tunat because they just can't defeat OMM without it!
  9. TowerDefense Augur

Noone is going to kill tunat before omm. They are going to level up, get spells, do group trials, kill open world mobs, get spells, do raid trials, and beat omm. Hes not hard.
  10. Kyel Journeyman

I still prefer that GoD and OoW be separate expansion releases with their own timer. Of course the way things are going it looks like it will play out in one of two ways.

Scenario #1: Tunat killed before Omm.
    Logical Justification: God expansion won't be skipped so it's ok and make sense to release them together.

Scenario #2: Tunat isn't killed before Omm.
    Logical Justification: GoD expansion is too hard to beat with out OoW so they must be released together so players can experience GoD after gearing up in OoW!

So on this new summer progression server the end result will be that it's "better" they are released together no matter which event happens. The more data you have then the easier it is to mold it to the outcome you desire.

yerm likes this.
  11. nightork New Member

Do we now have enough pages of 'please do not do omens + GoD' to get some kind of official answer now? Or does someone need to light the touch paper again.....
  12. Hateseeker Augur

1. This was a good choice. Double-openings in general is probably a good choice. And yet there is a lot of sentiment against it, I see. See #2, then.

2. I, for one, would like to re-experience some of the post Omens expansions. I don't feel that anything previous TLPs have done will keep populations alive for that. I think that after Omens, TLPs should follow a strict progress period (discussions can be had as to whether that should fall on 60 days, 120 days, or somewhere between) after which unlocks take place with no voting required or permitted. Furthermore, after Omens, a TLP should convert to FV style rules in terms of everything tradeable, in order to keep interest up and make for an actual economy to continue. There is a reason why FV is still a populated server, and that ability to trade items should boost interest in redoing expansions like DoN/DoDH.
  13. Xars Journeyman

Probably not.

They should just hold back PoP till the instancing is done (or release it with out instancing since PoTime is already instanced and who cares about the rest of the mobs once your in Time).
  14. Yanster Augur

Luclin faster on Ragefire please . Will be a long boring summer .
  15. Varisath Elder

I haven't gotten to do much in Velious yet due to some contracts but I'll be able to hit it hard come August. I'm really happy about the 6 month unlocks, it gives me time to actually explore each expansion. If you're too bored of Velious already, try not playing Everquest every day or try to go outside/do other things. Alternatively, there is the Phinigel server for you which has a very fast scheduled unlock system.
  16. RaikerZ New Member

God, please don't start whining about SoD.
  17. Tyreldor New Member

This pairing on expansion releases makes the best sense by far. LoY, LDoN, and DoN have little raid content while PoP, GoD, and OoW have lots of progression raiding to do. IMO 4 months between these makes the most sense, anything less than that and its too hard for mid-level guilds to see the content while its relevant.

Raid instancing would be a great addition for Luclin and PoP on Ragefire. If you are going to rush the expansions together as planned then you must give people the chance to find the raid mobs up in order to do the flagging progression. It takes tons of raiding to make it to PoTime, and with only 3 months quite a few guilds wont get there simply because of not having the right bosses up on their raid nights. It would be great to be able to complete the raid content without having to raid 5+ nights a week.

Also, considering Phinny was launched and severely undercut the population of Ragefire/Lockjaw it only makes sense to merge those two servers together. No reason to have 2 deadish servers when you can have a not-so-deadish one.
  18. Gremin Augur

No thanks. Our population may be a tad low but our population works together with very little issues. We do not want that changed.
  19. Supafro New Member

Please release the expansions separately.
  20. Kiani Augur

Yesterday, I looked at server populations in the US early afternoon. Lockjaw was "low", Ragefire was "medium", Phinigel was "high". Most other servers were low or medium. So it looks like Ragefire is higher population than most live servers, and that population is far less spread out too. I'm not sure that warrants a merge.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.