A Message From the Team about Phinigel XP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucy Elder

Please DBG, listen to our pleas. Fix Phiny's xp.

[IMG]
  2. frankie78227 Augur

I for hope Rainbow Test is correct. I would re-sub and play if I could purchase a level 50 with test-buff gear.
  3. Atvar Augur

Nah, there's plenty to do at 50 for the next 2 months. Actual raiding(thanks for instances), gearing up a character takes time, quests and tradeskills.

The stupidity is that I'll need to basically put in 4 hours a day just to hit 50 before kunark. Not sure I'll bother, or I might burn out before I get there. People want to play around in classic while having lives. Only a few vocal sadists want hell levels and grinding.
  4. MamaBear Elder

Yes. What this guy said.

When you roll out the instance fix, you should also roll out an xp fix. That or give Phinny double xp weekends forever.
  5. Crayon123 Augur

Leveling to 50 is one thing (finished during the double XP weekends), but having this super slow XP carry over into leveling alts, 50-60 and AA's just makes me sick thinking about it... aside from this horrendous XP, the server is a lot of fun.

Wish they would revisit the idea.
  6. Denno Elder

DBG would make a grand statement how little they care if they unstickied this therad without any comments whtsoever
  7. Chalkstix Journeyman

I used to play on the Project 99 server, where I think exp was somewhat slow but I could live with it.

I didn't really have time to compare at higher levels, but at level 1 in The Greater Faydark, I made a Ranger on both P99 and on Phinigel.
    On P99 it took me 10 kills to get from level 1 to 2 (100 xp per kill, 1000 xp required to level up)
    On Phinigel I lost count after 25 and honestly, after that point it didn't really matter to me. I'd definitely realized that leveling was a good deal slower.

So far, a filthy casual like me, has reached no more than level 10 on the Phinigel server, and maybe it's because I'm bad at finding groups, since I hear that group xp is so good.

Anyway, at this rate, it would take me quite a while to reach level 50, and definitely more than the 3 months before the next expansion is released. Maybe this is intended, but in my opinion it seems odd, that new expansions are forced out every 3 months while experience gains are slowed down to allowed for slower progression. At my rate of playing, I'll reach level 60 by the time PoP is released, or possibly even later. This might not be an issue at all, but I had hoped to play some of the content I didn't get to play during Live, like Vanilla, Kunark, Velious, SoL and PoP endgame content.

I wish experience gain would be quicker, but if not, it is what it is, and I will just have to let the dream remain a dream. Perhaps it's good that I won't experience what I missed in Live, because I doubt the real deal could actually live up to my imagination.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  8. Senen Journeyman

Really surprised anyone has stayed around this long begging a company that doesn't care about its customer base. I played EQ day 1 with one of the most notable guilds in the games history Fires of Heavens. I came back with the expectation like many others that this server was going to be like the other progression servers. I like many others got duped into paying for a sub with a very under handed bait and switch. Everyone of my friends that came back to play also quit within the first days when they saw it was obvious that DBG wasn't going to back down from there obvious and blatant cash grab. Those people like me got refunds from our banks the money is honestly trivial at my age being retired. What is not is having a company in this day and age treating customers this way. What I've noticed as I've aged is my tolerance for dealing with this kind of behavior isn't there like when I was in my 20's. I can tell you DBG has lost countless customers that will never touch there products again. Not that this is a big deal as their are many great games on the horizon for gamers no matter how old you are. Good luck to those sticking around that are willing to tolerate a company that cares only about number one.
  9. Risiko Augur

Can you feel it. The threads tether has been cut. Soon it will sail off in to the distance with out so much as a sound from those who created it. Drifting away from shore like a ghost ship in the night.

Ps. In before the lock
    Venthos likes this.
  10. Brumski Augur

About 3/4 of the 'casuals' I friended over the last month haven't bothered to log in since Monday. These were people who had played 1-3 hours a day consistently for the first month, then poof. $15 per sub lost so they can keep selling $1.50/$15 exp pots.
  11. Brumski Augur

Wow.... They unpinned it in the middle of the night thinking were just going to let it sail away? How much more insulting could they be. I'd rate Comcast CR above DBG.
  12. Tulgin Augur

There's someone on the team that thinks casuals shouldn't raid. Raid instances pretty much crapped on this idea, allowing everyone to raid. How do you keep casuals from raiding with instances? Stop them getting max level.

While people like that work for DBG, it's going to fail.
  13. Phiore New Member

I missed out on most of the double exp days ( 2 small children and it was during the holidays) and sure enough I got left behind and most of the server had 10 lvls on me. Grouping then got harder, some days I barely got anything once you factor in deaths I am almost 25 now and it just keeps getter worse. I can't even think about making an alt as this will make it take longer to get my first to 50.

I will give it one more month for them to fix the exp and then I'm gone and will never give them a dime again.
  14. Crayon123 Augur

I guess I don't understand the mentality of how a company could go through so much work to deliver a near perfect product that everyone seems to love and then muck it up with terribly slow XP. It's pretty apparent that no one is thrilled about it or considers it to be a positive feature in relation to the relative health of the server as a whole. The issue was partially defused with the back-to-back double experience weekends in conjunction with the extra time off of work and school for the holidays for many players. However, the issue is still there and will be an even steeper hurdle to climb for new players as 50-60 and AA's unlock in the future.

This experience rate is very clearly having an impact on the server population after only the first 30 days of the server, go ahead and check for yourself. The number of instances in nearly every zone has plummeted to single instance levels and it has only been ONE MONTH. No one wants to roll or waste time grinding alts unless its double experience and this problem hasn't gone away. Good luck maintaining a healthy server population when no one wants to roll a new character there and you can't box to fill the critical group roles such as CC / Tank / Heals.

I bet you they made bank on XP pot sales though!

[IMG]

*** Graph for entertainment purposes only, based off only personal speculation ***
  15. nostalgicfool Augur

My main concern is that XP is simply null if i solo. Just to give an example i killed Martar Icebear at 29, he was conning yellow and i got a pixel of XP.

My shaman is welcome in groups and I hope she does her job well, she usually ends up in group with red conning members and red conning mobs (which sort of suck since she cannot really slow ...).
    Also since people chain pull (due to low xp) she is always fighing for mana, and getting people properly buffed -- esp when we get replacements -- is a constant fight. But under those conditions xp is somewhat "OK".

But getting a group may takes time, then you need to travel to the dungeon, then you need to navigate in it, often someone will have to pick you up -- to show you the way or to invis you --.

Next if you lucky the group will be stable, but it also happen that someone ding and leave, then you look for a replacement and so on and you pray that you won't get 2 people leaving at the same time because then the group may break up.

As 29 i was called for MM, Lower Guk, Sol A, Lguk was almost decent XP but the group lasted like 2 hours, it was a nice group but people had been there much before me (may be for hours) and they got tired/bored which i totally understand.

Honestly it's not so exiting to run the same exact camp for more than 1 hour, i would rather quest (still on totemic evil treant), work on oppolia paw, group here 1 hour, group there 1 hour, solo a bit to raise melee skills etc ....

With current xp rate this would let me level very slowly.

So yes solo XP should be multiplied by at least 3-4, and group xp should be increased by 50% at the very least.

Making the game tedious and extremelly repetitive may get you a bit more sale on xp potions (i never used any) or on clarity potions (i did use some since mana regen is not any better than back in 1999), but this going to empty the server and your sales will go to zero.
    MamaBear likes this.
  16. Slambit Journeyman

thread un pinned, mission ignore them we gave them a thread to whine in complete.
    disgusting.
  17. JethroGibbs Journeyman

I believe threads only stay stickies for X amount of time and then need to be restickied or choose not to. I personally believe this thread was stickied long enough for people to understand its original intent, to inform the people that exp is slower.
  18. iceyx Journeyman

This is literally going to kill the server. How can they be so incompetent? How does it not register in their heads that this game doesn't have a giant population and needs alts and new people to make it survive on a server like this? Lower exp is doing absolutely nothing good for the server. Raid bosses immediately died, everything is on farm status, and the double exp got people to cap anyway. Now new people and alts have so little a chance of actually making it because the zones we all leveled in at launch with 10 picks are turning into ghost towns.

This is really a stupid decision. I just don't get how one group of people can make such a perfect server idea and destroy it with a tiny thing that everyone is telling them is an awful idea.
    nostalgicfool, MamaBear and Lucy like this.
  19. Risiko Augur

They're making a fortune on portions. I'm sure their investors are loving it.

I checked today, and I found I had spent $52 on micro transactions in Everquest last month.
    nostalgicfool likes this.
  20. Roshen Brand Manager

We sticky threads to announce information. This was stickied initially, to try to draw attention to the different rate of XP on Phinny.

We're six weeks in now. People either know about the XP rate now, or they don't. This specific topic doesn't need to be a sticky for this conversation to continue. We also won't comment on a thread every time a sticky is removed.

Note: Please keep posts in this thread constructive and on-topic. I've cleaned this up a bit, and issued a few warnings. Discussion is fine for these forums. personal attacks and other things that violate the forum guidelines are not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.