A Message From the Team about Phinigel XP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EradzEQ Elder

Actually just under 2% per solo kill, sometimes no full 2% ticks so lets say 1.5% per.
  2. Brumski Augur

The normal exp rate has already taken its toll on our guilds online numbers on off nights. After spending 3 evenings raiding many are getting burned out trying to exp from 47-50, and maybe 2 are bothering with an alt.

DBG still has their blinders on if they don't realize the gold mine they'd have if the TLP was more casual friendly. A lot of people are sticking around because the instancing is great, though bugged. A load more people would be leveling, alt-ing, and raiding if it weren't for the craptastic normal exp.
  3. Risiko Augur

I think the one thing that the extremely slow experience is doing is creating loyalty to your main character. Leveling an alt is painful enough to cause most to not do it.
  4. Vrael Lorekeeper

To put it into context :

If we take a group of lvl 17-30s in unrest, arguably the best xp mod zone in the level bracket, they are getting about 1% a kill. Most camps in EQ have 10-15 accessible mobs per camp. At this rate, in a perfect group setting where people dont die, are trained, have to med, LD, also not including travel time or replacing group members, people are gaining 15% xp every 20 minute or so ( re-spawn timers ).

At this rate people in the 16-35 level bracket are gaining 40-45% xp an hour assuming that all the leveling conditions mentioned above are perfect. If the average EQ gamer plays 3 hours a day they might get 1-1.5 levels for every 3 hours spent in this level bracket. thats assuming the leveling conditions are perfect and the group is straight grinding with no downtime.

After level 35 it starts to slow down even more. If we take the average pug group, without perfect leveling conditions, we are talking about 80% - 1 levels every 3 hours. But even those numbers are generous.

This is also assuming that you arent sitting in LFG, that a camp is readily available etc, which are pretty common time sinks.

Are people supposed to have alts let alone have fun playing and experiencing raids/content with the above conditions?

There needs to be a viable alternative to people who cant afford to spend 4-6 hours a day to effectively get anywhere playing the game.
  5. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

There is it's called letting your subscription run out.
    Let your sub run out and they'll know that something = wrong from the customer point of view.
  6. iceyx Journeyman

Can we go ahead and increase that exp rate to RF/LJ levels? Get people levelin alts so this server doesn't die a horrible death when no one can find groups and solo exp takes years?
    TipTap likes this.
  7. MamaBear Elder

This thread is going to get locked I'm sure, but I 100% agree.
  8. Trevalon Augur

/agree - You proved your point DBG, you slowed down the uber levelers, but now they are all 50 and downing all the raids, no sense in punishing new people or people making alts just because you wanted to slow people down because instances weren't working right.
    TipTap and Vrael like this.
  9. uk6999 Augur

10. Tyraxor Augur

The real question is, why are you playing Eq if you don't have much time.
    I don't even know what else to say, Eq is one of the biggest time sinks ever put on PC (the Civilization of rpgs), people without time shouldn't even touch this thing.
  11. Old_Timer Journeyman

I couldn't agree more. It's a shame because I think this could have been the best EQ server in years.
    TipTap likes this.
  12. Vrael Lorekeeper

This
  13. Bignheavy Lorekeeper

So I have personally liked Phinny so far, thanks to all the double exp. That being said, I will be letting the sub run out and won't renew until another double exp period, or a permanent boost though. Was able to get to 43 in about half of the double exp days, but obviously you speak with your dollar and I don't think its quite worth the time sink to level during the normal server rate. Server is great other than that! Oh and Freeport is still awful...
  14. Fhiele Augur

I'm looking at 5 hours a level @ 44. That was classic rate of xp. 5h/level, but 25h/level in hell levels.
  15. Atvar Augur

I leveled to 20 over the double experience weekend. Now trying to get a friend to grouping level will take Two full days of power leveling. that's insane and kills pretty much any new players from even starting on phinny.
  16. Vrael Lorekeeper

Thats exactly
    What really adds insult to injury is that there is nothing to do when you hit 50 except farm items you want for your primary or secondary characters, which you wont be able to really have unless you have loads of free time.
  17. RainbowTest Augur

This is funny cause you guys actually think you will get it that way. No what will actually happen is that when Kunark launches the Heroic character service will be changed to function on Phinny as well and will behave exactly as the 51/50 server did, you will get a level 50 character, with probably the /testbuff gear since its all classic/kunark gear with no drop flags. So get ready to hate on all the newly level 50 people who didn't have to lift a finger but dished out 40 bucks. But wait, thats not all! Its a Heroic character so it will be deletable and rerollable! Mad? You are the idiots playing behind a paywall that has pretty bad Microtransactions on top of it! You guys will want this actually cause if not the PL'ing market and the Playerauction market will just explode with sellable level 50's otherwise. Let DBG set the price beforehand to prevent this disaster.
    frankie78227 likes this.
  18. Adaman New Member

I'm sure you have your reasons for making the XP so slow in Phinny....but I couldn't do it again. I re-rolled on Lockjaw where the XP is MUCH better.
    Zublak likes this.
  19. TipTap Journeyman

Enough is enough already! Give Phinny the same xp as the other two TLP's. This is ridiculous!
    MamaBear likes this.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Looks like the slow exp = mask the fact that raid instances = still in beta....
    :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.