A Message From the Team about Phinigel XP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Dec 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weverley Augur

We still have group going in the low 10s in the guild but usually with high level buff and some gear they level pretty fast.My 2cp.Be it ds, skin,cleric buff,haste,hp regen,clarity and so fourth.
  2. Bignheavy Lorekeeper

This double xp has been awesome, which is sad cause they could make it the norm. I have actually: A) Logged on B) Bought XP potions. Should definitely look at making this permanent.
    SithWizard likes this.
  3. Risiko Augur

I managed to get in half a day this weekend, and went from level 21 to 27. Planning on trying to get a couple more levels tonight.
  4. drew0987654 Augur

OMG not "everyone" complains about xp, it's just that everyone who does comes to the forum to do it. I want it slower with bigger xp penalties on death and corpse runs and a conversation in general or new players last night on phinny showed that over half the ppl there wanted CORPSE RUNS back as well. I was the only one who wanted hell levels but w/e.

ask ingame. the MAJORITY will say, 'xp is fine' if they're not mocking whiners (and forum goers for that matter). the chat channels are FULL (400 ppl) when I log in at 3 in the morning. there was something like 120 ppl in the enchanter channel alone. leveling up isn't something you should be doing 10 times a day, what's wrong with you?

I played a total of 12 hours during double xp so far and already I'm leveling so fast that my SKILLS CAN'T MAX OUT B4 I LVL UP. LOL you want faster xp permanently on this server, and this rate isn't even fast enough, you're combining it with xp potions, rofl. this isn't the game for you. RF and LJ are healthy enough, go there.

ASK YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT RITALIN.
  5. Valeron Journeyman

Ask yours about Xanax. Calm down :p
    SithWizard likes this.
  6. Tinytinker Augur

Where are all these people you speak of talking affectionately about the good old days of corpse runs?
  7. SithWizard Elder

Double the exp permanently on Phinny please? Maybe sell some +50% exp pots as well?
    [IMG]
  8. Tyraxor Augur

Yup. So far i resisted playing on tlp, besides a little fooling around on RF.
    Corpse Runs server? I'd prolly be in again if time permits, give us da real classic experience :)
  9. Ishkur Elder

On p99, which is probably also where said poster should go if they prefer a classic ruleset over progression...
  10. Tinytinker Augur

I could see people on P99 saying, "But I love corpse runs." However, poster sounded like he was talking about people on Phinny wanting corpse runs.

I haven't seen any "I miss corpse runs" chatter on Phinny. And with all the "but I have a family and job now" talk on the forums, I find it hard to believe the majority of players want additional time consuming mechanics, like corpse runs.
  11. Tyraxor Augur

Why do people even care what others would like to see?
    It's just mind boggling, so *one* more server with corpse runs would stop you from playing on all the others that don't have them? Are you forced to play there as well?
    Forums...full of entitled people who think they can command other's thoughts around.
  12. Ambee Elder

There's no way it was actually 200+ of the 400 in general chat in favor of corpse runs. You're probably just lying about this whole story, but even if you aren't the best case scenario is that a few people that actually participate in general chat wanted corpse runs.

That's like getting your political advice from the comments section of Youtube.
    Tinytinker likes this.
  13. drew0987654 Augur

yeah, most of the ppl who commented when I actually went into the game and said, "so most ppl on the forums are complaining about xp, is it really that bad?"

to which the majority of the replies were along the lines of "it's fine," but more commonly wanting corpse runs than the more rare, "yeah it's horrible" (corpse run comments MAY have been sarcastic but I doubt it given the follow up banter). there were a couple ppl acting like those who wanted corpse runs were the whiners (ROFL), but besides those clowns they were mostly in my boat excepting 1 guy who said that the xp rates suck but it's not going to stop him from playing.

oh, and you can't take the fact that everyone is playing eq right now to mean that ppl want double xp. I played as hard as I could during double xp as well and I wasn't the only person basically only doing so b/c I don't want to get left behind the majority of players. I want to be where the most players are and at lvl 28 I'm happy (I wish I could have experienced most of the content that I outleveled, but w/e I can make an alt). the server is far too young to have gotten over half of the leveling done already but enough ppl complaining on the forums (LOL) got them to give double xp for the tlps along with the other servers this time around.

all I'm trying to do is get the point across that the forum is a stupid place to go if you want to know what most ppl in eq care about.

I used to think such statements were silly. my reasoning: there's a large enough sample size on the forums, IF half of the ppl on the forums say X, THEN it's fair to assume that half of all players agree with X. it's just not the case. the only explanation is that it's just so much more likely for ppl to come here in order to A) voice complaints, B) troll, C) get involved in drama, or w/e other uncommon reason and ppl who are here for such reasons are OUTLIERS. they don't even count. this forum and its feedback are negligible. you could throw the consensus reached here out the window. who would have thought? but with such an obvious and MAJOR discrepancy between in-game chat channels and this forum, it's an easy conclusion.

I wanted another progression server back when it was SOE and a very small minority of the forum-goers were with me. I joined "progression guilds" advertised on this forum for dead Live servers like Trak and with the small amount of ppl who joined them you'd think no one wanted to go back to classic. looking at those old posts you'd have thought there was nothing much in another progression server but look at this now, we have 3. this forum isn't even close. you go with what the majority here wants and you'll probably get as low as what 10% of what eq players actually want.

just do what you know is good dev team, you're smarter than forum lurkers. stick to your guns.

most ppl don't see this double xp as a christmas present but a christmas chore to have to play more than they'd have liked to. at least the folks I talked to feel this way. facts, that's all. ask IN-GAME.
  14. Nerdz Elder

Corpse runs would have been fun on LJ/RF (if only to get rid of some of the boxers) but I wouldn't want them on Phinny. Too much unneeded stress.
  15. Nerdz Elder

LOL You're info is so terribly bad that I am starting to think you are a troll.
    Do you really think there are only 3 progression servers?

You are calling things fact because it suits your argument even though everything you called a fact is very subjective.

You claim the forum complains are all invalid?

Such a troll or there are a lot of screws loose up there.
    Tinytinker likes this.
  16. Finwen Augur

Ask yourself why they feel like they have to play extra during the double exp. Maybe it's because the grind is slow and boring, and most people on the TLPs aren't here to re-experience that aspect of EQ.
  17. Denno Elder

Yep, im back to quitting. I played maximum of whats possible between worklife and family. Wife is grumpy as hell because i neglegted her, i was tired as hell at work and i only got 6 lvls in the days of double xp.
  18. MBear Augur

Well, for some of us who are in casual guilds that raid, even though we like the XP as is, we had to put in a little extra time this weekend on double XP because our guilds moved up the timeline to start raiding and we wan't to be involved with our friends as much as we can. I'm still not sure if I will be ready in a couple more weeks but hope to be close. It was a fun weekend and the pressure to find good XP during a limited window is also a fun additional aspect.
  19. Nickatropolis Augur

Wife's grumpy, you're tired and that's DBG's fault?
  20. Denno Elder

ehh ? no.. Spending time playing this is entirely my own fault.

If a company makes descisions that makes them lose allmost all customers, then it will allways be the fault of the few remaining customers that they did not leave along with the rest. No matter how horrible the company treats their customers, the customers are still bound by free will, and can leave if they want. If they stay is however up to them.

The company can eventually start blaming themself for losing their customers. But the customers can never blame the company that they stick arround.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.