Assuming the bans/fixes start to really work..

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zurd, Aug 7, 2015.

1. HionKrak New Member

This is not a friend it is a family member and I watched it happen. WE are talking about 150k in this instance not millions of plat.
  2. Tudadar Augur

Im sure he can send a ticket in. If hes really innocent they'll make it right. If not... dont expect his account back.
    Behee likes this.
  3. Delrone Journeyman

you lost creditability when you ask for kronos to be no trade. The whole point of them is to be trade'able.
    People with the mass amounts of plat would just exploit it like they have everything else.
    What a waste.
  4. taliefer Augur

im not familiar with the exact details of the current dupe, but on fippy it was literally tens of millions and millions of plat introduced out of thin air, if not more. theres still people with that plat floating around, years later.

have a hard time believing this one was significantly worse.
    Simone, Behee and Mezrah like this.
  5. Vaclav Augur

You sat there watching him trade for kronos a few dozen times on each server? This story sounds incredibly believable.
  6. fazool Augur

I am all for Holly's heavy-handed justice announcement. I am fully in favor and, personally, wish they would have made Kronos no-trade anyway....

So, I can't wait to see this problem squashed.

But.....be smart DBG.

The last time you had an exploit, you claimed to use some magic algorithm to determine who was a culprit and you rolled back characters recklessly and exhibited really bad judgment that elicited a warranted outrage.

During the previous exploit "corrective action" I was rolled back the maximum amount and lost a tremendous amount of real-life time, so I know from personal experience that this can happen. And, from what I've heard, a lot of other people were unfairly targeted.

Make damn sure don't ban the wrong people, like you rolled back the wrong people.

And don't be so sure of yourself - your selection criteria was flawed last time. My outrage led to me getting a forum timeout, so if you decide to snuff out this thread and hide it, pass the word along.
    rick likes this.
  7. Zhama Elder

1 day doesn't constitute a tremendous amount of real life time. Even if they rolled back the server 2 weeks it would probally be warranted, as the plat dupe is what effectively killed the economies on the last 2 progression servers, itll do similar to these if not rectified.
  8. Silv Augur

^This.

I'm not sure how people still don't understand that Kronos are account/multi-game wide. If they were "no trade" on TLP, if you wanted, you could trade a Krono on a live server for an item/plat on the TLP server still. It would just be an indirect trade.

People need to stop with the whole Krono insanity. It is not going to change.
  9. Kylo Elder

I don't really care how far back they do rollback to fix this problem. what i care about is i want these people that exploit to be perma ban. i want you to do such a drastic action that these kind of people will never want to play this game again. I want them complete wipe out of this earth. And if they have any alt account that connected to their billing please perma ban them too.
    Thunderkiks and Fallfyres like this.
  10. lalaloup Augur

?
    Behee likes this.
  11. HionKrak New Member

I actually watched a transaction of 15 kroon for 51k, then 14 kroon for 49k and a third of 15 for 51k for a total of 151k. He had built up the kroon legitimately. He started purchasing them week one with plat made killing HG and 4-600 per. Total he had was 102 then he sold the 44 and now has maybe 70+. Actually has screen shots of main account prior to transferring just in case there was anything missing after the transfer

. Some people here know who I am in game based on descriptions in other threads of myself. I trade in the tunnel hours a day on my main, not an alt. If I or anyone I am associated with were indeed involved in plat dupes or exploits why spend hours in the tunnel attempting to sell stuff?
  12. Freki Augur

I have mixed feelings about this. krono on this server seems to be over powered in what they are I certainly thought they were designed to give non paying customers a way to buy subscriptions in game. as such if you had one then you should be able to trade it to others for something... but i dunno. I would have thought that they should be tracked as to their server of origin and my thought would be if the server of origin is a premium server, they should be required to stay on that server. but the problem is this: you have something that is bought via their store which has no server of origin and can give an account premium access. how do you say which ones can be traded and which cant.

as to account bannings... i'd say this is pure speculation if this is why or if there was some other reason. personally I don't know about the reason being the pp carried over... if so then anyone that takes pp over could be banned. that is not a good thing if people transfers fortunes because they want to be on another server.
  13. code-zero Augur

Krono's aren't over powered, they've been severely undervalued on the TLP servers for far too long. When a boxer boasted of being able to farm 18k pp a day and buy Krono for 2k pp each that translated into his being able to earn enough in a day to pay for his 6 boxes for a month and for a minimal amount of actual played time. With Krono going for well over 1 million plat on live servers and rising all the time it was just a matter of time before that hit TLP. Exploits may have accelerated the correction but it was long overdue to arrive
    Simone and rick like this.
  14. rick Augur

BUT you are saying people who put the prices UP are in the wrong..

Many are saying it was cheating because people were using alts to increase cost and then sell or buy as the price demands..

SORRY you can't have it both ways that only if the price is driven down on the krono does it constitute a proper transaction..

I am willing to bet the ones catching hell now are the ones that bought on one server and hopped to the other and back and forth .. THESE are the ones exploiting and need to be answering for it

Having said that there is also the point the DBG should have known better than to leave these transfers open like this as this was what usually happens as there are way too many who will find a way to exploit the weaknesses even if it can be considered cheating..

I for one started on LJ and never moved and won't unless i stop playing and delete all characters (which is usually what i do when i leave a game)
  15. Naelbis Elder

Krono are going to be scarce anyway with the banhammer coming down. Lots of plat and Krono instantly disappearing from the game due to the nature of these guys to hoard and trade large amounts at once.
    Simone likes this.
  16. rick Augur

I keep saying these BUT too many "farmers" who want to play for free and have their kronos at the 2100 pp prices keep saying that the increase is wrong..

IT HAS been for the month I have been back that the krono has been held back repeatedly by the same people.

what would have alleviated this issue is to make the krono worth x and sellable to a merchant for a set price that can fluctuate day to day depending on how many krono is purchased by the merchant.. if set is 5k (which in reality is a reasonable number) then 100 krono sold you might have a price of 3k to 4k till the reset..

THIS would force a reasonable price on them.. YOU CAN sell any item in game for a set price to a merchant even if it is way too low by comparison to what a player will pay
  17. Vaclav Augur

Curious - how do you "watch transactions" that other people do? I don't have that function in my client unless I'm part of the trade.
  18. HionKrak New Member

I watch by sitting in the same room, as I said it was family. So I have seen the buildup of plat and krono over the entire time of the TLP. He brought none from another server and purchased over 100 on RF. I literally watched the transaction take place.
  19. Skipper Augur

That isn't exploiting, but taking advantage of an opportunity if one existed IF they only used plat legitimately gained. That isn't the problem. The problem is a plat dupe.
  20. Skipper Augur

That would do nothing but make Kronos even more expensive unless one can also buy the Krono from the merchant.