Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Tauvas New Member

I'm curious, is there a cap on the instance population like the base version of commonlands? If so, what prevents 100 people from locking the zone out from others?
  2. Mashef Augur

I thought you guys were at work today thinking of stuff? This is the WORST thing you could have done. I hope the new investment firm that owns DBG can's Smedley for this joke. Enjoy losing a revenue stream.
    Barton likes this.
  3. Progress Augur

Sounds like guild ABC can just sit in the main instance and force everyone to the other instances to create no competition for the Naggy/Vox spawn. Just sayin'.
    Barton likes this.
  4. Bandok Augur

Instancing zones like SolB/Hole/Perma is good. Makes Kunark high-end seem like it won't be as bad as it was lining up to be with most high-end zones having raids.

The raid changes? I don't think this is really gonna help much at all. But TL does get the "increased difficulty" (we'll see what that means) that they wanted.

And the issue of the base zone "maxing out"? Is the cap on the zone being removed for that? Or will some raids get "too bad, you can't zone in"?
  5. Middx New Member

So basically, the people that get all the content now because they can be online 24/7 get more content because they are still on 24/7.

Appreciate the effort, but you guys are so off the mark here it is not even funny. Are you even in touch with your non-hardcore (24/7 playing) player base?

Cancelled both of my accounts. Thanks for the trip down nostalgia lane.
  6. Barton The Mischievous

Oh look base zone is full wanted a chance to kill the Raid mob nope sorry to bad
  7. taliefer Augur

8. Barton The Mischievous

Please please tell me some Dev thought of this and it won't work that way
  9. Lindaar Apprentice

My accounts have been cancelled. Monumental failure to achieve what folks have been requesting.
    Gythlen, Friday, Owndar and 4 others like this.
  10. EqEqEq Elder

^
    Exactly. Please instance, or you just increased raid loot for 1 guild.
  11. Ducreux Augur

How I feel the planning for this went.

[IMG]
  12. Mashef Augur

At no time in classic or kunark EQ did occur. AT no time did a bot army of MQers and ISOboxers rule the world. At no time did anything that occurs today occur 15 years ago. None of you were even part of the original Dev team. None of you are named McQuaid. None of you even know what original EQ was so don't pretend Aristo.
  13. Jamz Augur

14. anathema Augur

Do you all have an office pool going on who will survive or something. Is it like a dog fight for you? If you refuse to make your content available for those who are paying for it you will find that you have far fewer customers.
  15. Weverley Augur

Looks good for Lockjaw.I sympathize if you are on Ragefire but you have a better chance if the Raid bosses hit harder that means TL gonna need more people for each one and other guild might have a chance if let's say Phinny spawn at same time as Lady Vox for example.I give Daybreak a +8 on continuing to brainstorming and finding things to do that don't debalance everything.
    MBear and Gknight like this.
  16. Souleach Journeyman

We need to give this a chance and see how it works before we start crying the sky is falling . For people crying casuals wont get loot Organize and set up a channel so that like minded people can mobilize to try to kill these targets.
    MBear likes this.
  17. equinox23 Journeyman

Seriously? I am very disappointed by this news. Would it really kill you to just instance the blasted raid bosses and be done with it? Why do we have to have this intense level of competition? I'm not saying give everybody and their brother a free instance with a chance at the bosses, but there is just no sense in this level of restricted access to raid targets in this day and age. Raid bosses restricted to spawning in the main instance only with reduced spawn time & more spawn time variance? Sounds like a p___socker's dream to me. Make the raid targets more difficult after a select few people have had 4-6 weeks to farm them on easymode? That sounds fair, right? Scrap this plan and just instance the freaking zones like all the others. There is no need for this nonsense. I would like a shot at seeing classic content in-era without having to become a 'socker and without dealing with super competition and the drama that arises from it. I do not approve of these plans. Full instancing of the raid bosses is what we need.
    Edit: Do we really need to have competition for raid targets to enjoy the game? Everything in MMOs is instanced these days, including modern EQ, EQ2, and everything else. It is not fun to have everything be contested because it leads to cheating and drama. The only way I can accept this plan is a GM-sanctioned rotation - and I don't really like that plan either. This "DPS rule" has got to go. I am not going to pay $30/month for a wild-west "no rules" game - you guys need to police it. Instance the raid bosses and institute a lockout timer. I've never been more disappointed in news about the progression servers than I am right now.
  18. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

if any of them were named Mcquaid I would be playing something else, his stupid design decisions screwed over the game for years.
    code-zero likes this.
  19. Jibeker Lorekeeper

"If you refuse to make your content available for those who are paying for it you will find that you have far fewer customers."

Is the best quote of this thread
  20. Mashef Augur

In Classic it was actually mostly pug raids. No socking occurred either. People back then were more then neckbeards in mom's basement. They were in touch with the real world. Most of us have gone on to have successful careers and lives.

EQ was not casual due to the time investment and extreme coordination that was necessary. MGB wasn't a round. Raid tool was not around. You simply had groups. 1 group got exp. You had to trust your dps group that got the exp would share the loot. But you probably didn't play back then.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.