Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

Way to give the top few guilds exactly what they want, just instance the zones and be done with it.
  2. Mashef Augur

Mcquaid created everything you love through Velious.
    Gskiel and Rhoulicas like this.
  3. Aneuren Tempered Steel

As much as I wanted to be optimistic about this, as soon as Holly tweeted that the dev's opinion matters more than their playerbase I knew we would see some folly like this.
    Shaynxiety, Gythlen, Derfael and 6 others like this.
  4. Jibeker Lorekeeper

I dunno what server you played on, but Povar consistently had guilds setting up and agreeing on rotations for raid targets every week. And Povar had some of the best guilds in the game
  5. Drathus Augur

So to clarify, mini-bosses have had their spawn time reduced by 2/3's also, with a greater variance? In other words, do you consider mini-bosses as non-raid targets? Minis currently have a 3 day respawn with a +/-, so they will be on a one day respawn with a largert +/-?
  6. Jibeker Lorekeeper

Nobody asked for more instances. We asked for instancing of raid bosses
  7. Orienn TreeHugger

raid expeditions are the only way to go, because this new change...isn't going to change anything be the same old same old.
  8. EqEqEq Elder

Uncancelling my account when they decide to do the right thing and instance raids. You guys really need to understand who's your customer base is. It's the 1000s of working class people that keep the lights on; not the handful of people that can sit on a raid spawn all day.
  9. Jaxarale01 Augur

Great news for LJ! The rotation and guild alliances seem to be holding and this will just make it better and better as it means more loot and more chances for more guilds.

LOL for Ragefire... what a bomb they just dropped on that server...
    Notice not a single post from the fantastic 4 TL that haunt these forums... they are busy popping champagne and keeping a low profile... this is their wet dream rule set... and getting even more kills and locking everyone out of an entire zone?

Thank you DB... LJ is very happy with this!!!
    I would reroll asap if I was on RF tho.... what a show that is going to be!
    Shaynxiety, Indrigoth and Jadefox like this.
  10. Symbius Augur

Way to go on giving the top end even more raid loot. That's just what the server needed.

So beyond stupid.
  11. Ducreux Augur

12. Ohdanny New Member

Why does the raid scene have to be so high strung like this? Why can't we just enjoy the content for what it is and not have to deal with the possibility of being trained, KS'd, or have our mobs charmed and dragged away from us etc? When I do something like Vox, I want to be thinking about "Wow, this is so cool! We're killing Vox like it's 1999 again!" and not looking over my shoulder every five seconds thinking people are going to hop in and train us or kill steal.

Good job, DBG. You completely ignored all the real problems we're having with the server.
  13. Osangar Journeyman

I killed most those in pug back in the day. if you don't know what your talking about. I don't want loot handed to me, but deserve the opportunity to earn loot because I pay and play.
  14. Jezzie Augur

All you can do is laugh,
    The videos of behaviour in-game, the toxic nature of the forum posting calling everybody carebears etc etc, the suggestions by several of their members that we all need to go play on other games/servers..................... and you reward this!
    Where do you get your in-game feedback from? Obviously it's not here not reddit and not twitter.
    All this does is make short term, even shorter.
    Great fix to the issues guys, well thought out!
  15. Mashef Augur

I wish I could to my job every day, be terrible at it, screw up, make horrible decisions and continue to get paid. Whats it like modern day EQ Dev team?
  16. Rhoulicas Augur

Oh noes, now I'll never get my epic!

Seriously though. This is wrong. I would really love to add more adjectives regarding your "beliefs", but you're just going to have to deal with the consequences.

I can see how making the raid targets harder can hopefully make it so that raids can beat 6 boxed rmt people for this crap, however, the only people you're really hurting is the people who cannot play 5 days a week and won't. You realize that we all pay the same amounts per subscription right?

I don't think your team is thinking enough, but then again, you work at video game design that isn't even originally yours. So I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.
    Rhiyannon, Barton and Ohdanny like this.
  17. magione New Member

Congratulation on sticking to your 1999 experience concept and not listening to the multiple post. Gratz on the 1% getting more stuff and the little 99% getting screwed but hey we are in America after all!
  18. Porygon Augur

Except they have already made the server a huge success. Improved gameplay over and over again. And yet all people do is cry. Maybe they aren't bad at their jobs. Maybe most of the people playing are just bad at this game.
    Sowslow likes this.
  19. Jaxarale01 Augur

Funny, I had the same thing going through my head right after I read this... what if I got call after call from my national builders and they all wanted to buy shingles to do a roof and I told them all: "no, they didn't use shingles back in the day they used palm fronds and I feel shingles just are not classic"... you can buy palms or nothing...

rofl they seriously just do not get it at all...
  20. Mashef Augur

Actually the people who are acting like 16 year old content is relevant are the ones who are bad at the game.. You are just mad you didn't play in Classic/Kunark/Velious when the good players did. You know, the ones whose strategies you use, sans the socking.

The server is a few days of being a huge failure. Most people haven't even resubbed yet. One month of subs does not constitute success.