Raid Changes coming in July

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aristo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Jamz Augur

I wouldn't get too excited, it just means you can't use pets and they may have increased its health.
  2. Weverley Augur

I was thinking what an excellent idea it would be that a pet attack and the mage or the necro get summon to the mobs.That would change the progressions servers totally.
  3. patius New Member

I am very sad to read what dbg has decided to what they think will fix the server issues. I strongly disagree with this decision and I will not be resuming any of my 3 accounts.
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous and Marek-EQ like this.
  4. Barton The Mischievous

Someone at DBG needs to look up Escalation of Commitment and Stop Loss.

Like Quickly
  5. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

yeah i loved hybrid penalties, poor spell allocation, poor character balancing, and all the other baggage he created. I was glad when he left and all those problems quickly went with him.
    Barton likes this.
  6. Excrutiator New Member

I'm just glad they improved things. And a word to those that are upset that casual players wont be able to get top end gear. When has this ever happened? Casuals are almost never able to keep up with current content. To expect to get phat lootz laid out before you in some easy fashion so that you can just pick it up at your leisure is what other MMOs are all about. I thought most people play EQ is because its different and more challenging. . .
    arwilly likes this.
  7. frankie78227 Augur

You guys have to be kidding. This isn't a fix, it is a joke. Are you seriously trying to drive away paying customers who came back to play on the TLPs.
  8. Moebius8 Lorekeeper

so you on disability or TNAF or whatever they call it now?
    Shaynxiety likes this.
  9. Steampunk Augur

Only some, hopefully. :p
  10. Ceffener Augur

Boss is what is challenging, not waiting for the boss to spawn.

If you haven't figured out that what people are talking about you haven't tried listening.

If the boss requires 40-70 people to kill..."casuals" will still need 40-70 people to kill it. It's the same game for everyone.

Putting in the same effort to kill the same boss is not a hand out, period.

This server is really a bunch of people going:

"I waited better than you!! Suck it."

If you think these current raid bosses are more challenging than other MMO's on the market, you are delusional.
  11. Shivuncle Journeyman

What % of people want competition for raid zones? Maybe 10% of the server tops?
  12. Barton The Mischievous

Likely less than that, but lets vote on it. I would love to see the results. :)
    Shaynxiety, Rhiyannon and EqEqEq like this.
  13. Weverley Augur

I'm wondering what % of people came back to tlp to kill raid bosses during era.If the general chat on lockjaw is any indication it's not that many.Don't know on Ragefire though.
    arwilly and Gknight like this.
  14. EqEqEq Elder

I would as well. I think they are in for a big surprise.

Devs, can we get this on next week's poll please, or anything about wanting raid instances?
    Shaynxiety and Rhiyannon like this.
  15. Mardy Augur

This kinda shows you there's still a real disconnect between the developers and players. First they messed up TDS expansion and made stupid changes to exp on EQ Live. Now they come and totally misunderstood the real issues with raid content on the progression servers.

How would making the raid bosses spawn faster, but with larger variance, and harder, be more casual/family guilds friendly? This is exactly what the top 5% want. Or are there still old school devs on the team that still got the mindset that groupers/family guilds/casuals don't deserve a shot at raids? Because if those devs are still hiding in the EQ dev team somewhere, please just come out of the closet. Let me know now so I know what to expect in the future, and I can unsubscribe and you guys can keep on catering to the top 5% (and watch EQ continue to slide downhills). You guys pushed a lot of EQ Live players away with your TDS expansion and exp changes, looks like you're making the same unnecessary mistakes here on the progression servers.
    Shaynxiety, Marek-EQ and Bandok like this.
  16. Ceffener Augur

I still don't even get what this means.

It now spawns 12 hours, 24 hours, 5 days, then 12 days, then 3 days??

MAYBE if they are thinking something like:

Spawns 3 hours, 1 hour, 6 hours, 1 hour, 2 hours.

BUT as long as gear can be sold. If spawn is that fast guilds will just sit there.
  17. Porygon Augur

If you only play 2 hours a day. Why should you get access to raid mobs? You wouldn't have back in classic unless it was an out of era pug.

If you don't have the time to commit to raiding, don't raid. If you are only playing to kill raid mobs, and don't have the time needed. You are clearly not playing the right game. Most of the people complaining have probably not even TRIED contesting tl for a raid mob.

You're basically crying you didn't get dessert, but didn't even come to dinner.
    ngs1, Esper, Frenzic and 1 other person like this.
  18. Bandok Augur

It means that instead of 3 days with a 12 hour window, it'll be something like "1 day with a 24 hour window". They're not giving us the details, but I imagine the big dogs will have it figured out relatively quickly.
  19. Glistarian Augur

Eh. Most of you are overestimating the number of players who are going to poopsock 15 year old content 24/7. All targets, in sufficient numbers. TL isn't going to be able to motivate people to actually do that. Because it's amazingly uninteresting to do. All their groupie members just won't do it. Their forum warriors might, but even their box armies aren't going to cut it. A few "motivated" individuals will sit around, lonely and helpless, but who cares? They won't win anyway.

Frankly, anyone who does these camps has already punished themselves.

Give it 6 weeks and will actually be less common.

The good news is that now there's no need for early Kunark!
    SBC0, Silentchaos and Gknight like this.
  20. Orienn TreeHugger

can't wait to see what the campaigns on live have in store for us /golfclap