New Instanced Zones Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Banuvan, May 28, 2015.

1. Kiaro Augur

The only reason why you'd think something like that is 1.You're ignorant or 2. You were planning on trying to RMT loot and this dropped your market value. Its STILL going to be about the same # of loot drops per player base in theory. as additional spawn will only show up when the instances are full. And there isn't any way to FORCE named mobs to spawn so its not like people can chain swap instances to obtain loot. I suppose people could force new instances by boxing like 50 characters and such but really at that point...
  2. Kiaro Augur

Royals are on a 4 hour spawn timer, as is Drusella (or is she 12 hour, regardless) not really raid type targets IMO, doable with a single group of good players even in Kunark without planar gear.
  3. MBear Augur

Instance creating flash mobs! ;)
  4. Ootax Augur

After how many players does a new instance become available in a zone?
  5. Lennyn Elder

Steamfont is still NOT instancing. Just saying. Gnomes are leaving in droves to go to GFay just to have something to kill.
  6. Banuvan Augur

We haven't been given specifics but being in upper guk it looks like 60 is the limit that spawns a new instance for this zone.
  7. MBear Augur

I answered this earlier in this thread.
    It is different for each zone and is based on the mob availability in the zone. (Holly tweeted it earlier today)
  8. Toquillaw Augur

Wow, that is WAY more zones than I expected to get. I thought maybe 1 or 2 per each 10 levels. This is just amazing.

Does this increase the cap on what the server can handle for total capacity? I think they said it was at 4,000 now, will that also go up now with the extra space or is that a server cap from other restrictions?
  9. Banuvan Augur

Server cap is other restrictions. This is just to allow people to actually do something while they are in game and to relieve the future problems we would have had if there was only 1 instance of lguk/sol b.
  10. Maltheus Elder

Excellent work by DBG here. It seems to me this would only hurt RMT people. Ultimately it just opens up the ability for people to go and camp the items they want. Very nice.
  11. Zechs Lorekeeper

Does this mean Nagafen is going to be in an instanced zone? IE solusek's eye? or that a completely different zone? been a while
  12. Groans Augur

I just have one question, The way this was done, will it prevent multi instance exploit farming? for example whats to keep people from switching instances to farm more gear check for named ect'

for example lets say me and my crew are after a GBS, whats to stop us all from going to like 5 different instances to get a much faster drop rate? or am I not understanding how the mechanics will work, it just seems like this will blow up the market.
  13. Maltheus Elder

What stops you is that you transfer over to another zone, there is a group there in the camp that you had on the previous instance (acknowledging that camps don't exist and people can steal your camp that doesn't exist), and now you are stuck twiddling your thumbs waiting for /pick to come up so you can try again. It's not as efficient as just holding a camp on a single instance.
  14. Healiez Augur

Should have specified pre raiding, since unless they instance that 95% of the population wont see a raid mob alive...
  15. Maltheus Elder

Nagafen spawns in..... *drum roll*...... Nagafen's Lair!
  16. MBear Augur

We had this happen yesterday at Orc hill in GFay.
    Group pops in, DPS races us and keeps losing. Eventually they lost enough that they popped back out to harass a weaker group.
    That last part is a guess but seems likely.
    We didn't even have any important item drops at risk, just an XP camp.
  17. Groans Augur

but still with 5 instances there will be 5 times as Many GBS's on the server, fbss's ect. the items wont be as rare as they are meant to be right?
  18. MBear Augur

Assuming people force create instances, this is true. If people do not do force them, everything will balance out.
  19. Zechs Lorekeeper

Oh man! Mind blown@! Thanks! Going to re-evaluate my entire life now. lol
  20. Maltheus Elder

Difficult to say how rare they are "meant to be". They drop from single group mobs. The timeline of classic EQ was about 1 year per expansion. So at a 6 month release schedule we'd already only be getting half as many of the group drops as there were on the original live servers. On top of that populations are through the roof right now so the percentage of drops to players is also much lower than it was on live.

All in all we are talking about items that get outdated pretty quickly and should be pretty readily accessible if you want to put in the effort to get them.