FV Server Transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zanice, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Warpeace Augur

SOE added the bonus xp a few years back to encourage population growth here on FV. For a period they even had free transfers to FV, it was rampantly abused and eventually halted even though transfers off were still prohibited.

Kind of hard to argue a PvP server has bonus xp and they can transfer anywhere but FV cant. If its about the bonus xp then any server with bonus xp should be locked down. I'm waiting for someone to come here and say its all because its the designated Role play server and that's why people cant transfer off.
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Battleaxe Augur

Normal rules servers are not the problem. The problem is server/s where some players operate (what would be on other servers) chop shops and/or receive what is normally no drop equipment they did not originally loot.

Recently an exploit was repaired that allowed players on normal servers to transfer no drop gear to another toon. Had Daybreak wanted to make no drop gear tradeable on more servers they could have not repaired the exploit or changed the rules. They did not - Daybreak continued to recognize that FV and normal rules servers have different cultures.

Making normal rules servers into no drop gear can be traded or PvP is obligatory just so special rules characters can be transferred is not a reasonable solution to a "problem" that doesn't exist in the first place - special rules characters have special rules servers where they can continue to enjoy playing EQ in the culture they chose (and in many cases confirmed for many years by not re-rolling on a normal server).

These threads pop up every year or so and the outcome is consistently no transfers from FV. Should the health of FV be in doubt SOE/Daybreak has in the past responded to improve its population. With the chop shop issue becoming more apparent I'd expect some action on that front too, but it won't be (IMO) exporting that problem to every server or eliminating barriers in the trade route.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Phrovo1 Augur

I wonder if it would be possible for items that people transfer over to FV in to be flagged the same as it was on a normal server (ie flag some TDS visible that someone transferring to FV has a no trade tag, is it not possible for it to keep it no trade tag when transferred)?
  4. Battleaxe Augur

There are issues in both directions.

1. To FV - why should people transferring to a server where no drop gear is traded be deprived of that benefit? Having transferred to cash in (or having purchased no drop gear originally acquired on a normal rules server) why should you be allowed back on a normal rules server?

2. From FV - why should people who used that benefit be allowed to transfer any value (directly or indirectly) to a normal rules server.

IMO Daybreak is unlikely to make any major change that would add a new disincentive for a character that wants to play on FV from playing there or relieve any special rule that regulates special rules servers.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Why does it sound like your saying its good to go for them to transfer to FV and CASH in as you say?? Dosent take a very smart person to know you can transfer to FV sell off your gear, convert it to Krono and fund your account then do it all over again.

Above already covers how people are doing exactly what #2 says directly and indirectly.

The argument over FV rules is pointless, want to end the trade in questionable server transfers and disputed gear open up tradable items on the other servers.
    Lisandra likes this.
  6. Battleaxe Augur

It doesn't take a very smart person to realize if they do it with a max level, max AA'd, max Vet AA'd, flagged character and strands that character on FV that they won't be able to regain that loss on a normal server easily. Having made their FV bed they'll get to repose in it. Allow transfers off FV and that equation changes.

Want to end the trade in questionable server transfers? Don't allow gear to be transferred to FV and don't allow character transfers off FV. Yes, FV will continue to be a junkyard where retired characters are stripped of their value (so long as Daybreak allows transfers in with gear). But the stripped carcasses will rust there (or be re-equipped there) - hopefully forever.

And yes, the debate is pointless. FV is a special rules server. It's had special rules for a very long time and it will continue to have special rules. And no - those rules will not be imposed on normal servers where players chose to play instead of playing where those special rules apply.
  7. Ruven_BB Augur

Off topic, but I think gear in past expansions that is no drop should be droppable on all servers.

Would help catching up players.

Ruven
    Lisandra and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  8. Goth Augur

yea PLed and leveled a shm from 0-100 and max RoF AA in just a couple weeks.

everyone in the game gets some 4500AA for FREE now so i hardly think the exp bonus on FV is any big deal.
    Lisandra and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  9. Battleaxe Augur

This isn't a thread that suggests that the special rules on a given special rules server aren't generous enough given conditions on other servers.

Afaik not one person has said, "The inability to transfer off FV is a downside that requires even greater latitude from rules in force on normal servers than we are getting. I suggest (for example) every level 100+ toon on FV receive all of the Veteran's AA's since RvR, earning the high end no drop gear, the need to grind, loyalty, etc. shouldn't be applied as strictly to us.

The ability to transfer items that are no drop on normal servers is profoundly (on normal servers) rule breaking. And some of the effects of that rule are manifest even without allowing transfers off FV. It's a situation that requires greater and not less regulation.

It's bad enough that FV is in part a chop shop where alts and retired characters from other servers have their no drop gear stripped and sold and the grind molehill others face is microscopic thanks to a permanent exp bonus without exporting even more of the direct or indirect results back to normal servers.

Think y'all don't break enough rules to justify the not effective enough quarantine? Suggest other deviances.
  10. Yawn... Journeyman

Transfer to Test.

Problem solved.
  11. Lisandra Augur

Sadly Test is suffering from a lack of players as well. While I am ambivalent regarding the decision not to give TDS to Test players, it has virtually stalled out any progression and caused a massive loss in the Test player base. Now before anyone goes on a rant about free loading fools who don't deserve anything and are too cheap to play on Live servers let's take a look at what Test actually achieves when properly utilized.

In recent months Test has worked with Hludwolf and other devs (Prathun, Aristo, Absor and Dzarn for sure, possibly others) to tweak 16th anniversary tasks. Had they been left as is some were unbeatable and others bugged out so the rewards weren't obtainable.

We also worked with Hludwolf and others to fine tune the Advanced Loot System. Some hate it, others love it. But one way or the other it has revolutionized the game in some aspects and makes looting quicker and easier. It is very convenient once you learn how to use it and set it to your preferences. Regardless of the negative outcry, it is a step in the right direction.

For years we've gotten the patches first and let the dev team know about bugs that at times were catastrophic and other times were just minor nuisances. They didn't always take that knowledge and put it to good use to fix the issues but it was rare that a bug got missed on Test and made it to Live because it went unreported. Usually it was just limited dev time to fix it or they missed the /bug report or forum post etc. Just one of those things with a limited team with limited time and limited resources.

We weren't able to test bugs, tasks or raids in TDS so the state it arrived on Live in was directly related to that. I'm not complaining about the price, I have TDS on 8 of my accounts. Some folks either couldn't afford it, didn't want to invest $40 into EQ for whatever reason or were just used to paying for other things and getting expansions as part of the trade off of playing on Test.

Regardless of how people may or may not feel about Test and the Test players, I think not giving TDS to Test has been a mistake that cost SOE and now Daybreak more than it would have to grant the expansion to the server. I'm sure mostly it was a measure to make the company appear more valuable and profitable but ultimately I think it back fired on them & cost them more in lost revenue from the Marketplace and those that were subbing on Test and those on Live who didn't care for the various issues with TDS and unsubbed over it.
    Poppinfresh likes this.
  12. Kaliko Augur

Daybreak, if there is a way to allow a transfer off FV but no way to transfer back to FV that would be incredible, or maybe a 1 toon per account limit. Because some of us have put YEARS of work and progression into toons way before all the 50% xp bonus and all that stuff and we would like to move to a more active server for raiding/grouping or having fun, because starting all over again is incredibly hard to make up those years of hard work and play time even with heroic characters. Not everyone on FV has been PL'd or bought everything they have. FV is currently a dying server and i'm sure many players would gladly leave this server to have new homes and options.
  13. Leex Pewpewer

Sorry but you've been able to buy no drop items on FV, normal servers can't do that and that's just one of the reasons you will never transfer off FV with that character.

I would suggest buying a heroic toon and leveling that, closest you'll get.
  14. Kolani Augur

No drop loot gets sold every day on every server. The difference between FV and a normal server is that the FV transaction takes place in the Bazaar.
    Warpeace, Lisandra and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

With all due respect, there is a massive difference between some isolated people/guilds selling the loot rights to some no drop stuff and what happens on FV, and we all know it. It's not even remotely a fair comparison.
  16. Moklianne Augur

Why not strip the toon of all items then? Such as what the OP is asking if a transfer with items is not possible.
  17. Kaliko Augur

I would gladly take a transfer off FV naked, but as long as I can keep my hard earned augs, epic, LoN illusions, etc. Since I can easily prove my skill in group gear.
  18. Moklianne Augur

In the end, the answer why it is the way it is, is "because its been that way for a long time". Any policy change at all needs to be scrutinized heavily to go over possible exploits, etc. Anything on any of the special ruleset servers is a very low priority unless the change would be applied to the standard blue servers at the same time (expansions, patches). I wish this wasn't the case, but I'm sure if any dev could admit that, they would.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  19. Kolani Augur

With all due respect, don't pretend that there wouldn't be. The only reason on live servers is because they need applicable flags and a compatible timeframe to enter the zone and loot. All things even, there would be an equally healthy market for no drop rots on live servers as there is on FV. With all due respect, don't pretend that there wouldn't be. How many raid geared alts are there on your server that get /taskadded to loot?
    Lisandra likes this.
  20. Kaliko Augur

Yeah but with servers losing alot of people and slowly dying at this rate something must be done so the EQ population isn't quitting.