FV Server Transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zanice, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Kellaer Augur

thank you
  2. Leex Pewpewer

When I said a real server I meant a server where you actually had to play to obtain your gear, I'm sure a lot of people on FV camp stuff but I can almost also guarantee that they've at some point bought something that would have been no drop on the normal rules server.

I'm not huffing or puffing, I know what you want will never happen, there is a reason to it and battleaxe explained it pretty thoroughly.

:D
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Sheex like this.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

This is the only point I was trying to make. The rare case of people selling raid loot or other no drop items pales in comparison to a server where everything is tradeable. They're completely and utterly different, like comparing apples to dogfood.

Rolling a toon on a server with unique, obvious benefits, and then downplaying those benefits substantially and asking for the rules about leaving that server to change isn't going to garner much sympathy, sorry.
  4. Kolani Augur

Yeah, you're huffing and puffing. You cared enough to stealth edit your Magelo into your sig. BTW, I'm sure your gear is nothing special compared to other mages, no need to hide your profile unless you're afraid of getting hacked and stripped. In that case, it's obvious that your opposition to FV in general is more about paranoia than actual opposition.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Leex Pewpewer

Stealth edit my magelo? Please sir, explain how I stealth edited anything? To me it sounds like you're the one with paranoia. I mean you're commenting on my gear, personal attack much? Sounds like jealousy! At the very least I can say, I earned all my gear.

My opinion on FV transfers stems from the fact that you, and everyone on your server has it easier then the rest of us because of the rule set that server uses. Even transferring naked, FV has exp mods to enable you all to level faster, how is that far to compete against on a normal server with normal exp running? Why not have everyone make a character on fv, level 2x as fast and then transfer? Oh that's right because that would be exploiting the system..Ohh!

You are right about my gear though, it's not the best. I opt'd in my previous guild to allow the tanks to have first pick of the gear to help propel my guild through TDS, we all did. It's called being a team player. Not that I need the best gear to be the best ;).

Want to play on a REAL server? I suggest you to re roll or buy a heroic character.

:D
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Kellaer Augur

If you guys want a neutral, unbiased opinion on your debate, I can tell you this: no one cares. Hope this helps.
    Sheaffer, Silv, Kaenneth and 4 others like this.
  7. Lisandra Augur

Leex has this delusion that his server is better than any other server or that it's somehow "hard" to get to 100-105, max AAs and geared up these days. Blame SOE for not leaving all raid loot as tradeable and FYI the raid gear doesn't just magically show up, someone has to raid for it to exist and then they have to raid some more to upgrade their gear so the old gear can be sold.

Sorry that you're jealous of a great system that EVERY server should have had from the beginning but that's no reason to punish your fellow EQ players over it. Like I said, most likely all the special rule set servers will merge with each other in the next round of merges and you can go on happily pretending we don't exist or hating us for no valid reason, whatever you feel like doing.
  8. Battleaxe Augur

Many players opposed the sale of items that affect player power for SC. Mr. Smedley acknowledged the strong culture in favor of earning advancement and RvR by stating that SOE would not be selling power.

While at one point you could transfer for free to FV lets keep in mind that some chose that but many others did NOT. Given a choice they said no thanks. I don't recall any of the new progression servers having an FV ruleset. There was not an overwhelming desire for such a ruleset.

You may see FV's rules as great, but others do not. They don't want those rules on their servewrs and they don't want their servers infected as a result of those rules being on FV (there was even some opinion in favor of no longer allowing the transfer of characters to FV from normal servers given FV operating in part like a chop shop.)

I don't know, but I imagine the progression servers would prefer not adopting FV's rules and having the option of joining the normal server community when they've sufficiently caught up. So which special rules servers do you suggest wouldn't want transfer ability to normal servers and want to adopt FV's rules? Test? Any???????
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Leex like this.
  9. TibalMurphy Elder

FIRIONA ZEKATRON SERVER FTW!!!!!!******
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

If every server wanted it, why exactly is the FV population small and it's the only server with this rule set? I'd say most, if not the vast majority, of the community doesn't want it. Farming plat shouldn't be rewarded equally as participating in raids in my eyes, but hey to each their own.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Leex and moogs like this.
  11. Leex Pewpewer

Jealous? Ahh, no.

Personally I like doing things the hard way, I like having to earn my gear, my spot in raid. I don't want things handed to me, it's why I play EQ. I like the challenge.

Playing on FV you have 1 challenge really, obtaining plat, which on FV is a joke.

I don't hate you guys, I just think you have it easy, which is fine, but if you think you can take the easy route and then transfer off FV, I don't agree with that. I'm entitled to my opinion, hell I support this game every month with 3 accounts.

You keep saying it's not hard to get 1-105, but you play on FV so how would you know? I can guarantee it's harder than doing it on FV, where you get a constant EXP mod, along with being able to equip raid gear from the expansion you choose to level in to give you a leg up.

It's like you're playing a game on easy mode, look at the normal difficulty and say, oh it's not that hard, but continue to play on easy mode.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.
  12. Kolani Augur

You want easymode? Roll on a live server, buy a heroic character, get all your skills maxed. That's easymode. You never had to deal with no common tongue and no languages maxed other than your racial until 20. When FV launched, it was the roughest server around. You're good? No corpse summon out of Guk for you.
    Lisandra likes this.
  13. Phrovo1 Augur

It's not like you can learn all of the languages easily in like 20 minutes. And it's not like ;tell firiona.xxxx works, jeez, you guys have it so hard on FV.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

It's hard work winning raids. Well, not as hard as it should be but that's up to the content designers.
    I do have to actually raid to get my gear though, I can't just go to the bazaar, and gear up like someone who earned it.

On FV, you all chose a rule set that lets raid gear be traded for plat. I'm ok with that.
    Have your fun in a fully trade-able environment, great.

What I'd like to prevent is this:
    Someone hijacks my account. Transfers to FV. Unloads all my gear which used to be no trade and mostly worthless on a server that makes it worth something.
    I contact CS, not only is my gear gone, I can't transfer off of FV.

If someone stole my account and sent me to say xegony, there is only so much harm they could do unless they started deleting/tributing things just for fun. On FV my gear is worth actual money.

I'd like to be able to set a checkbox saying 'No transfer to FV ever'
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  15. Lisandra Augur

I agree and I hate scammers & scumbags as well. But I don't expect server transfers to other servers. I expect merges to come within 6 months and for all the special rule set servers to be merged together (FV, Zek, Trakanon, possibly Test) and others to merge with each other as well.

I understand your fear and unfortunately CS is worse now than it's ever been and they never were good about stopping it in the past and were only marginally better about fixing it. That's what happens when the budget is slashed and the department is gutted. I suggest doing everything you can to practice account safety and security up to and including using authenticators. That $10 can be the difference between some scumbag stealing your account & stripping it and that not happening.
  16. Battleaxe Augur

Well, I asked -
    And you answered -
    I believe that PvP servers that do not have the ability to buy no drop gear as occurs on FV would be given a choice as happened with Trakanon in 20011 in the event of merges.

From EQLive in 2011:
    "Characters** on the Trakanon Server are now able to transfer for free to a server* of their choice. Simply use the /servertransfer command and you will be presented with a list of servers; pick one and be whisked away to a familiar yet strange land, populated with all new people you've never met before!
    So think carefully and make your choice; the server transfers will not be available forever!
    * Eligible servers include all standard rule set EverQuest servers, Zek, and Firona Vie.
    ** Free Transfers are limited by account age, status, character level, and frequency of transfer."

I believe IF PvP servers were closed down most would chose normal rules servers rather than deal with the situation on FV and not being able to transfer from it - "...the server transfers will not be available forever!" There would be closely regulated merges and not a open ended community of special rules servers one could hop between forever.

Further I believe that since the Test server houses many clones and Daybreak would not want people able to convert cloned gear into RL money through having it adopt the FV ruleset any FV/Test merge would be from FV to Test adopting Test's ruleset. And because of this ill gotten loot situation Test entries would have an asterisk* on any Guild Raid Progression Chart. It would be more of a special rules Test Server with no possibility of becoming a production server through convoluted means.

While merges might help servers that have low populations because most players don't like their special rules; it's not going to cause those rules to spread, become universal, or cease to be taken into account when considering whether to allow or not allow server transfers. In short I believe pining for endtimes forcing Daybreak's hand into abandoning game integrity is an extremely bad bet. (I already told you the endtimes argument was weak.)
  17. Lisandra Augur

You might want to open your eyes to reality and realize that your so called end times are already here. In case you missed it, Sony sold SOE to Columbus Nova because they couldn't sustain it financially anymore and it was that or they would have had to SHUT IT DOWN.

So the new owners are streamlining everything to make it as profitable as possible. Did you ever think CS would be gutted to virtually nothing and that nearly half of Daybreak's work force would be laid off? If so, you should start a psychic hotline. Regardless of this mythical game integrity you and others think still exists, what about the Marketplace, heroic characters, the RAF program from 2011 and 2013-2015, claims, LoN etc? You might want to realize it's not 1999-2001 anymore and they are going to do anything and everything to make a profit and if they can save money they will.

Lowering the amount of hardware used will equal savings and in order to do that merges will occur. Now granted, I don't know what that will entail but to think they are going to avoid a merge due to "the integrity of the game" is both naive and short sighted. Daybreak doesn't care what you think Battleaxe nor do they care what I think or any other person thinks on an individual level. They are going to do what they feel they have to do to either stay in business or prepare Daybreak to be sold to someone else. You may as well accept reality and stop worrying about things that are beyond your control and prepare for the future.

If you don't expect more changes, some of which will be drastic then you are in for a series of surprises that may ruin your day/week/month/year.
  18. Kolani Augur

I'm talking 2001. There was no universal chat and it wasn't easymode 1-20 with the tutorial and super fast xp like people have it now. Please read before snark in the future? We were still using the Velious and classic UIs when FV opened.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Battleaxe Augur

Lol. Since GoD.

Merges does not necessarily equal characters currently on FV being able to spread their special rules elsewhere. See above how merges can take place and the cultures of severs where no drop gear is not traded can continue to be respected.

IMO Daybreak is far more likely to follow the pattern of 2011 with the enhancements I've outlined should it decide to merge some special rules servers than not.

If you expect Daybreak to signal an impending end of the game by chucking a bunch of rules out the window in the near future you're going to be deeply disappointed. That's not been their pattern. Just so you know its business as usual, an announcement that new content development is suspended, and finally sandbox/anarchy 30 days or less before server shutdown. EQ with integrity is an asset. Wreck it and you can't revive it or probably even sell it.

Seriously from the assertion that everybody should have had FV's rules from the start to the slow and not quite complete acknowledgement that carefully governed merges of special rules servers ala 2011 might eventually happen but transfer from FV to normal severs most likely won't I think it's extremely clear who is being unrealistic. I'm not even trying to make a counter argument anymore - its a slam dunk. SOE/Daybreak has thoughtfully and successfully dealt with merges when they became necessary before.
  20. Lisandra Augur

I think you may be the most arrogant and pompous person I've ever come across and that's saying something. We can revisit this when the server merges occur and then maybe you'll set aside your ego and pride and admit that things have changed and it's not going to be the same old thing like it was for the last 15 years and change. I know you may not understand businesses and how the bottom line is more important than any other factor but it is what it is. You can type on here until they turn the servers for the forums off but it won't make any difference one way or the other and it won't make you right either. I'm glad we don't play on the same server, you don't seem like a very positive person and come across as extremely hard headed and difficult to deal with.
    Silv and Kellaer like this.