FV Server Transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zanice, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Kolani Augur

I'm amused that most of the people who adamantly against transfers off FV have no issues with transfers off Test. Where do you think half the people in raid gear on Test get their gear? Tip, not from Test.
  2. Pinecone Journeyman

I think they should merge Test, FV and Zek. They don't utilize the Test server often enough for what it is supposed to be for so why keep it around when merging could save them money? Again stop thinking in terms of "integrity of the game" and start thinking in terms of "what's best for business" at least in Daybreak and Columbus Nova's opinion and ultimately their opinions are all that matter.
  3. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

you people are out of your minds. this game is dead.

get a clue
  4. Laronk Augur

I dunno, I have no problem finding people to do things with me on FV population seems fine. People will of course site "oh theres no one in arx" thats a combination of you can buy all the stuff so why farm it and locked zones.

FV has two raid guilds doing TDS raids its an alright server summer slump is gonna hurt though.

People should not be allowed to transfer off FV though. My paladin box I started in March cotf tier 1 or better in every slot, this gear has been helping him progress through tds and get achievements for the hp aa in COTF. Tradeable 100% exp pots and the server's 50% exp bonus also helped me quite a bit.

How is it fair for others when I put so little work into that character compared to what I would have to put into that character if it was made on Xegony. I think that if I or anyone else wants to play on a blue server they should be rolling a new character (this goes for anyone on test going to blue also).

I've even started a little character on blue that I'll change to one day when FV doesn't suit my needs.
    Leex and Sheex like this.
  5. Pinecone Journeyman

You'd better make that one day fairly soon because I doubt EQ will be around for another year or so in it's current form. Daybreak seems dead set on killing it off or making it more of a liability than an asset and by the time they are done streamlining it and gutting every department there won't be many paying customers left who feel like it's worth paying for.

They'll either have to sell it off again or fail completely and shut everything down. I don't think management learned their lesson at all from being sold off by Sony. Columbus Nova should have cleaned house at the management level and not at the developer etc level.
  6. Laronk Augur

Well they have a campaign coming out in the fall and a progression server that I'll get two years off. Plus that blue server thing im talking about me making a character on means not FV. Everquest easily has more than 2 years before being shut down, it doesn't even need a server merge yet on most blue servers there's tons of people playing. When vanguard was shut down it had two servers left
  7. Pinecone Journeyman

You may think so but I disagree. They can't sustain a game without enough players paying to cover the costs and they do everything in their power to piss off the player base and constantly lose those paying players. It's just simple math and basic business. I think the entire company will fail not just 1 game.

They've spent 10s of millions if not hundreds of millions on EQ Next and where is it at? They're still in beta on Landmark. They rushed out H1Z1 that no one was even asking for and that was another big chunk of money. Sony sold the company because it was costing them too much and it was that or shut it down. Columbus Nova has dictated to cut costs in every aspect and in doing so they are losing customers daily. You can only sustain something for so long when it's bleeding money and once they see that it's either not meeting expectations or not profitable, they will sell it off again or shut it down either bit by bit or all at once. Columbus Nova has no attachment to any Daybreak games, any Daybreak customers or any Daybreak employees. They have proven that several times in the last few months and if you think otherwise, you're in denial for whatever reason.
  8. Laronk Augur

H1z1 is fun and it shows that dbg was aware that there was a gap in the market for a quality dayz clone. No one who played Sony asked for planet side but its a great game as is planet side 2
  9. dwish Augur

FV is fine. The people that have been playing on this server for years remember what a dead server actually feels like during the UF expansion, after going almost 10 years without having any transfers to the server at all. The free transfers brought a TON of people to the server, and people are still transferring over on a fairly consistent basis.

There are 3 raiding guilds on the server, two of which are deep into TDS. There are plenty of quality players on the server. Yes, there is a very small subset of people on the server that may be into some shady things, but by and large the people on FV are normal players that enjoy a more relaxed rule-set.

I have been on this server since it opened during the end of 2001. I have witnessed the ups and downs it has gone through over the years, and I can unequivocally say that the server is healthy. Is it the most populated? Of course not, but it shoud not even be mentioned in the same sentence as Zek and Test, and the train wrecks those servers have turned into.
    Aghinem likes this.
  10. Kellaer Augur

I've been hearing... the complete opposite about the quality part.

If a game decides to introduce itself through Steam Early Access, that should send everyone a thousand red flags to be extra careful and expect the worst, because rarely you'll be surprised by the best.
  11. Iila Augur

Well, if you compare h1z1 to a normal game, it's a buggy pile of poop.

If you compare h1z1 to the other zombie survival games, it's a shining bastion of poop that actually gets updates.

Even with h1z1 getting the normal soe/dbg treatment, it's getting significantly more development time and fixes than any other game in the genre. When the only competition is tiny teams of modders and money laundering russians, then dbg can easily come out on top.
  12. Riou EQResource

H1Z1 broke 1 million sales like a month ago, being the best in genre really (tho the rest are buggy messes :p)
  13. Laronk Augur

A million sales for a game that will be free to play after release with micro transactions
  14. Laronk Augur

its best in its genre, as for steam early access the game its good I got my 20$ out of it already
  15. Kellaer Augur

These are the one and the same, remember.