FV Server Transfers

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Zanice, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Zanice New Member

Recently I inquired about transfers off of FV. Long ago I moved a character there and now I want him off. While I understand the original purpose of the no transfers off because of the loot rules, If a player is willing to do a naked transfer (no items other than no trade items like epics) I dont understand why its not possible.

When I asked in my ticket about this I was told to come to the forums and ask the dev team The decision is one put in place by the development team, "you'd need to inquire with them for specifics. You're welcome to post on the official forums, as that is where the development team prefers to interact with the playerbase."

So this is me asking the devs, Why is a Naked Transfer, no items other than epics, /claimed bags and illusions and no plat, not allowed?
    Lisandra likes this.
  2. Raynard Augur

Because FV has an xp bonus. It's a potential exploit to level faster on the server and then transfer to a normal xp server.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  3. Zanice New Member

While thats not what I did. I dont think that is really a valid reason. When you can now buy your way to 85 and auto grant 5-6000 aa that just seems kinda of silly. If im willing to do no items and pay for the transfer I dont see why it should be an issue
  4. Battleaxe Augur

Transfer to FV. Sell raid loot for Krono. Buy LoN loot cards for Krono. Transfer off FV. Sell LoN loot cards for Krono. Get a guild to regear the now under geared toon. $$$.

Whoa, this naked toon left on the scrap heap is max level, max AA, and has Veteran's rewards!!! Common as dirt here on FV, but on a normal rules server...$$$

Recent events have shown FV to be a graveyard for stripped and sold piecemeal characters. It's widely perceived as a chop shop. I certainly don't want toons coming out of that environment on normal rules servers.

Special rules servers have special rules. People liked the special rules they get to live with the limitations. <- Valid Reason.

Or as you point out "you can now buy your way to 85 and auto grant 5-6000 aa". If you really do see that as equivalent to or better than a transfer...you can do that.
  5. Khat_Nip Meow

You started on FV or went to FV knowing what the stipulations were. Why should the rules change now?
  6. Vegus New Member

FV is the den of thieves of Everquest. Full of exploitative marketplace rapscallions and people looking for the pay to win option!!!

I for one would not want these people transferring over to other servers. Other servers actually have a moral code to uphold! We earn our gear and we like it! We'd never be caught exchanging raid gear via NO TRADE trading exploits, or selling raid drops for in-game or RL money.

No sir....
  7. Numiko Augur

you can sell Krono on the secondary market for 8-10$ US, a stripped character that was full of the latest raid gear can bring in over $1000 easily...

Transfer back to old server and reequip .. you could make a tidy income just bouncing back and forth between normal and FV servers
  8. Aghinem Augur

What do you mean "these people"? Don't be a jerk. The vast majority of FV are people who prefer the more casual tone of EQ - hence no longer playing on servers with the normal rule sets because of their busy lives. I'm one of those people. We're not thieves, derelicts, vagrants or whatever word you wish to classify us as. There are individuals who scam on every server, not just FV. If FV statistically has more scams than other servers - that still doesn't identify the people of FV. There are a lot of good people there.

As a matter of fact, when someone on FV does get scammed - everyone who is available online typically rallies to find out who it is to try and help the person out and identify the perpetrator. So my suggestion for you would be to actually get to KNOW people before you make half @$$ed assessments about them.
    Zujilli and Lisandra like this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

Because it doesn't happen on other servers at all:rolleyes: , give us all a break!
    Moklianne and Lisandra like this.
  10. Poppinfresh Elder

11. moogs Augur

That was uncalled for.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I realize it's hard to be sure via a message board, but I think you guys are missing Vegus' sarcasm.

To the OP. You knew the rules when you signed up, it's not DBG's responsibility to change them now all these years later to appease you. Take the xfer $ you were saving and roll a heroic and level up. It's never been easier.
    Elricvonclief and Vegus like this.
  13. Zanice New Member

It was never a post about god why cant you change the rules to appease me. It was a post asking for the reasoning behind it. and yet most of the thread is an attack on even the thought of questioning the reasoning
  14. Leex Pewpewer

This thread was attacked because people spend a lot of time gearing their characters and would hate for a loop hole to be created so that FV people could exploit it.

Not saying that they all would( FV peoples ) , but you can see how selling raid gear/krono's would make it tempting to a few.

I would suggest instead of trying to get a transfer that just won't happen, that you invest in rolling a heroic on a real server.

Lots of good servers out there with more population than FV, you might find it a bit more challenging as well, which is always a good thing.
  15. CaptAmazing Augur

So much FV bashing . I believe it is a real server with real people leveling up for real.

I have zero desire to leave but I'd like to point out I had no idea about any restrictions.

Bored to tears with whatever I was playing at the time, someone mentioned this cool, hard game that takes a long time to level. Welp, I hopped in to the car and drove to Bestbuy and bought it. I chose FV cause I figured there would be less griefers or PKers (I knew nothing bout the game besides what the box said) among the RP crowd.

At that time, it didn't matter to me that it was only one character. I mean, who the heck has time to grind out levels on more than one toon, LoL! I had no idea other servers couldn't trade stuff. Nor did I care about it.

So, please bash us less.
    Felicite and Lisandra like this.
  16. Viscosity New Member

Missing the one character per account restrictions and no transfers in.
  17. Noirfu Augur

I don't play on FV, but I believe for the health of the rest of the servers, only naked transfers should be allowed TO FV, and no transfers FROM FV.

If you could only transfer naked to FV a massive amount of grief would be avoided.

I wouldn't really mind if you could transfer naked characters off, but some would due to the exp bonus. It could end up as a PL farming server.
  18. Gialana Augur

Couldn't this already be done without transferring off FV? Sell all your loot and get a guild to re-equip you?
    Also, why would a guild on another server re-equip a character they have already equipped? I suppose they could bounce between guilds/servers, but I would imagine their name would become known pretty quickly.

That said, I actually don't care whether or not naked toons are allowed to transfer off FV.
  19. Leex Pewpewer

No, it can't.
  20. Numiko Augur

You cannot sell no drop items on other servers this only works on FV. also a guild could be willing to provide a steady stream of gear to such a characters and split the US$ profits

Remember while a $1000 US may not seem like a lot, it's a years wages in some countries.