Progression Server Poll Results: What's Next?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dramatime Augur

I doubt anyone that wants a Locked server would be OK with them selling XP pot's. I'm probably wrong. None of the locked progression stuff makes sense to me =/.
  2. Dramatime Augur

LoL. I'm not laughing at you I swear. It just cracks me up how disconnected my brain is with some other people sometimes.

You're logic is that you want NEW content for lower levels so that you can experience something new while making a newer character. But somehow the continuous stream of content they create for higher levels is not to your liking?
  3. Ozni Elder

Daybreak Devs: Look at the game directory for people streaming Everquest on Twitch right now. Just look at it. Do you really want these shady bunch of conniving illegal contraband-playing individuals to be the public majority representation of your glorious IP on the streamernets? Sure, we've got our own people fighting the good fight, like Dandin, and RoI, and that mohawk guy. But what happens when the mohawk guy leaves? What do we do then?

Lets beat them at their own game, convert them to the side of light, add to their numbers, and have them doing Marr's work streaming legit PoP-locked EQ. Sure, they might also stream a normal "slower" progression server, at least for a while. But what about a few years from now, when we're out of the golden age? They'll go back to their dirty double-dealing ways, and we'll have to go looking for the mohawk guy. And he might not even have that mohawk anymore.

With a PoP-locked server, they'll be repping your name right and streaming your praises forever. Let's make that future a reality, and unleash Quarm as the second new Progression server!
    MBear, Zoggzog and Dramatime like this.
  4. Dramatime Augur

Daybreaks parent company is Russian... They probably don't negotiate with "terrorists".
    http://rs1img.memecdn.com/the-internet-has-improved-since-they-started-filming-the-crazy--in-russia_o_3048225.jpg
  5. Dramatime Augur

http://rs1img.memecdn.com/the-internet-has-improved-since-they-started-filming-the-crazy--in-russia_o_3048225.jpg
  6. Noblesquire Journeyman

I go for this option also as I know that locked is not an option.
  7. Ozni Elder

Nah, they've just lost their way is all. We need to guide them back to the righteous path of Marr with a shining beacon straight outta the Motherland: "Locked at PoP! Endless bacon! Rockstar dev who works on classic stuff!"

Subscription dollars will flow in like a river of Bourgeoisie tears.
    Venk and Dramatime like this.
  8. Noblesquire Journeyman

I think its more of a nostalgia factor, going back through the old stomping ground for something other than just a visit... I can understand this.
  9. BlankChatName New Member

I guess that's that then. I had high hopes though. I had a handful of folks playing on 'other' servers that I promised to let know how this turned out. I can now let them know not to bother. Congratulations to the folks who got what they wanted. But bringing back old players? Forget about it.
    Cloudous and Venk like this.
  10. Vaclav Augur

Getting 2+ yrs of what you want isn't good enough of a median for you? You'd insist on holding everyone hostage to your ideals forever instead if you got your choice?
  11. Alaklin Journeyman

A continuous stream that hasn't changed course for the last 5 expansions--and AA's and spells that are just the same thing with a new name since level 70. They don't even vary the levels, it's just been a big cookie cutter.

If you are disconnected, try reading more closely and not picking quotes and responding out of context. The new content for lower levels is primarily for the new server with slow progression to keep you busy and not stuck in overcrowded endgame zones each expansion.

Please reinvent the wheel, because all they have done is release the same model each 8 months in a new size and color.
    Cloudous, Arkk and Zoggzog like this.
  12. code-zero Augur

Given it's Russian it's more likely that the servers go down from relentless DDoS attacks while the Devs and GM's receive visits from large, steroid abusing, individuals with thick accents who explain to them the error of their ways.

Or not :D
  13. Alaklin Journeyman

Who is everyone? The people who join by choice? How is that hostage holding? If you don't like the extra option, join the other one. Nobody is making anyone start new characters on new servers.

It's useless to discuss the point being that there is no talk of a locked classic server option, but probably more useless to troll those who wanted it.
  14. Vaclav Augur

Have you read this thread in full? If I bothered counting, I imagine it was over 100+ posts of them claiming personal affront at it not being the winning option.

I am hardly trolling them - I tried to be positive by pointing out Seasonal sounds like something they want to do regardless (and did come in 2nd place from how they stated things) - but this guy, as well as others have stated personal offense at not getting "their option" - which from how it was listed was the second least popular slightly behind not changing anything. While ignoring that they more or less said that something close is probably going to be happening as well.

Only difference between Seasonal and Locked is that Seasonal resets so you'll lose progress. And they're likely going to be doing Seasonal soon from what they said. They're getting something reasonably close to what they wanted. [At least speaking of "legal play" - many people on those "other servers" engage in RMT stuff, and RMT on Seasonal would be very unprofitable I'd imagine, since no one wants to pay for something they'll lose on reset]

Additionally, I tried to point out to that guy that for 1.5-2.5 YEARS the server will be just like a locked PoP server since it will take that long before any expansions beyond become a thing.
  15. RadarX Augur

As a reminder folks, in order to avoid moderation please avoid discussion of emulators. We do not allow it on the official forums.
    Soltara, Noblesquire and Dramatime like this.
  16. JacklSK Augur

Radar, really hope you are posting this from home, its sunday evening!
    Dramatime and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  17. Healiez Augur

My vote would be original+50%...

4.5 months with the cap at 50 and only classic just sounds horrible though. I know some of you want this, but I really dont think you know or remember just how bad Fippy was during classic only.

I was hoping for something like,
    Classic 2 months
    then 3-4 months for each.

NOW if they raid content Longer unlocks would not be as bad..
    Dramatime likes this.
  18. Vaclav Augur

You seem to have forgotten a word here - instancing I presume is the missing word? (other options I can think of would be add, remove, rotate - but I think those are less likely options)
  19. Nolrog Augur

Am I the only one that sees irony in that suggestion?
    Arkk likes this.
  20. Nolrog Augur

What devs are they going to make this extra/new content with? It's not like they have people sitting around doing nothing; the dev staff took a pretty significant hit during the layoffs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.