Intermittent Access Issues (July 15)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Karthanon Augur

All in good fun...

[IMG]
    RandomGuy8936 and Uxtalzon like this.
  2. Orukal New Member

Color me lazy, but I didn't want to spend the time going over all of the previous posts.

I don't know if my problem has anything at all to do with the current issue, but what's happening to me is that when I click on the launcher, nothing happens. Nothing opens. Is that what's going on here or just that the launcher opens but the user isn't able to connect?
  3. Uxtalzon Augur

I'm amused over the whole thing. I pass the time by reading other SOE game forums for the lulz.
  4. barknee New Member

gee all day its been down.they are launching tomorrow and we still wont be able to get on this is sad.no updated info or eta or anything.what a way to run a service.
  5. Kinidyen New Member

I've flushed my old DNS, but, it seems that my ISP hasn't. Still unable to login.
  6. Karthanon Augur

I did the flushdns, modify the DNS for my network adapter (to Googles 8.8.8.8 with a secondary of 8.8.4.4, and putting in the SOE websites noted on eqwire into c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts) and got in. So there *is* hope if your ISP hasn't updated yet.
  7. Pulgrey Elder

what server are you connecting to though?
  8. Minlola New Member

any help for Windows 8?
  9. Tachyon Augur

I have to use that logic at work... the job you asked me to complete the other day has begun to be finished.
  10. suka Lorekeeper

try this: open your network and sharing folder, then click your network icon (mine is local area connection) and open that. click on the properties and then on internet protocol version 4 (tcp/ipv4). Now click properties on that.
    the bottom part is the dns server. click “use the following DNS server address:
    preferred DNS server: 8.8.8.8
    alternate dns server 8.8.4.4
    click validate settings on exit
    Now go to your system tools in your accessories on your start menu and right-click the command prompt. choose “run as administrator”
    there you type the ipconfig commands: first the /flushdns and then the /registerdns. when it finishes telling you that the dns is registered, close the window.
    your eq1 should run then.
    Minlola likes this.
  11. suka Lorekeeper

hopefully you will go back to your host file and undo those. they not only are not necessary, the can cause later problems
    complexication likes this.
  12. Milfurd Augur

7:52 PM over 12 hours. You have been disconnected. blah
  13. zigster999 New Member

I can get into the character select screen but no further.
  14. slimes New Member

my launcher just goes black lol
  15. Xeladom Augur

I have been trying to log into CT all day but I saw someone mention FV had more people in game atm so I tried FV and I'm able to log in. I just cant log into CT. I was able to log into drinal povar and 2-3 others.
  16. Aikharos Journeyman

I have not been able to log on all day. I have read other posts, including speculations, but my main concern is our credit card information. Everquest.com does not seem to exist anymore. What happened with all of our personal information when someone else took that website over? Might be a good idea to report our cards as stolen? Can SOE give us any information other than, "We're sorry for any inconvenience?" This is a serious matter, and not simply a light technical issue.
  17. Numiko Augur

I managed to log in two of my accounts using the manually setting the DNS thing, but my third account just hangs at "Playing" on the launcher and never goes any further.

Edit - I tried some of my silver accounts and they could log in fine, it is just one of my gold accounts, it seems to me the launcher thinks I the account it already running. and I did not leave it in off line trader mode.
  18. sully00 New Member

LOL ok im sory but how the hell does a multi million dollar company screw this up? i mean doesnt anyone pay attention to that stuff on the buisness end?? sthe one responsible for a mixup like that should be fired imo but thats just me.
  19. Bishhop New Member

Ok I would just like to say I am very frustrated, I have been trying most of the day, to login to game, get to forums, server status and nothing, so I had no clue that SoE forgot to pay the bills. Maybe if all the paying members forgot to pay the membership fee may SoE would wake up. I feel a couple of double xp potions should be give out.
  20. Scarfce New Member

They definitely need to credit us with the time. If it's going to be 48 hours, then they need to give us two extra days on our membership time, PLUS something else for our frustrations.

I sit here SMH, as I am another former player that just started playing again and even went ALL ACCESS for the game, but if this is how it's going to be, then maybe SOE needs a final Goodbye from me.

/shrug

As if they even care.
    Dragon Jockey and Graystone like this.