Want To Look Like One of the Original EverQuest Gods?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 9, 2014.

1. Sn00ps Journeyman

I hate to be the guy correcting people but the item isn't a "perk" it's actually part of the package and for some (like me) it's the only thing we will get for our money. I'm from Australia so it's no feasible for me to attend.

I'm happy to wait for it, like someone else said we probably wont get it till an update after the event.
  2. Fendy Augur

I'm sorry. Perk was the wrong word. It's part of the package of things one gets for purchasing an attendance pass.
  3. Leerah Augur

I just want her dress.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

I just want to be under her dress.
    [IMG]

Saryrn would be okay too, though. Runner up, BDSM time!
    [IMG]
  5. EQ Gamer New Member

Hello, Roshen,

This is my first post on this forum, but I am a 15 year EQ player - a loyal and avid player throughout those 15 years. Until your post, I had no idea that SOE rewarded people with in-game loot simply because they purchased Fan Faire (or SOE Live!) event tickets. I've always believed you must be present to receive; we know that alone is an incentive for some to attend. Players are all about having something that is "cool"; and something that not everyone else has. Whether those are cool illusions or some of the cooler mercenary skins. Rewarding those who buy a ticket simply to get the EVENT reward is an exploitation (albeit minor) that is openly welcomed and promoted by SOE. Exploitation may not be the correct word choice - perhaps taking advantage of a situation may be more appropriate.

Are there plans to reward those who attend the event with an in-game item - aside the God Illusion?

SOE has done an outstanding job managing this game and providing the best customer service. But I do not agree with your position on rewarding in-game loot to those who do not attend event and wanted to share my thoughts on that, as well ask if there are plans to reward those who attend the event with an in-game item - aside the God Illusion.

For those who will disagree with my post I'd like to say that I understand not everyone can afford to go to Vegas - it is very expensive, today more than ever.

Thank you for your time.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

No other items, but you do get a baggie filled with stickers, removable tattoos, flyers for EQ Next, a sample of "Essense of Ogre" body spray, and a print out of sheet music for playing the EQ Theme on your harmonica.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. Sn00ps Journeyman

Strange request, why do you believe those that attend should be given more things? I would have thought those of us who only get the item for our money would be more deserving of more ingame items. Even then I wouldn't be asking for it, sony put the offer on the table, take it or leave it.
  8. SpamFactory Augur

I bought my ticket!
  9. Roshen Brand Manager

We have lots of cool things planned for our attendees of SOE Live. If you've attended SOE Live/Fan Faire in the past, you can probably call out some of the neat physical items available to attendees, prizes for tournaments and Live Quests, and the experience of attending this event.

The list of in-game items for attending SOE Live can be found in the FAQ here: https://www.soe.com/soelive/faq

There are no additional in-game items planned at this time for attendees of SOE Live 2014.
  10. Marlon1957 Augur

I would want Ancient Innoruuk
  11. A-Quad Augur

Roshen, is the plan to offer just the 8 gods listed in your OP, or is there a chance that the full suite of gods will be available by the time it's live?
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

There are no plans to add additional illusions to this item.
  13. wolfcaller New Member

will you mail the DVD's PLEASE!! I still have all my CD's up to Planes of Power,& would love to buy a premium for the t-shirt, in-game items & the DVD's.

Larul Wolfcaller the Shamaness
    The Rathe
    (originally of Karana since release)
    wolfcaller@live.com
    Gyurika Godofwar and Fenthen like this.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

Oh I wish that were possible!
  15. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

My nephew found the EQ Gold Box the other day at a garage sale for 25 cents. It's missing 4 of the 5 discs & has the wrong figure but the tin itself is in great shape, the maps are in great shape, there's a couple of books & The Ruins Of Kunark disc & then he found a Firiona Vie plastic 6 inch figurine in great shape as well. I'm thinking of buying another one off ebay or somewhere similar to combine the 2 to have a complete set.
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

I have a few of the keychains that came with Omens of War, and a few of the Firiona Vie figures that came with Planes of Power. I ALSO have this!

[IMG]

...it's okay to be jealous. =)
  17. Ringkeeper Journeyman

Hi Roshen or Ashlanne,

I was wondering if you guys had an exact date for the "Guise of the Ancient Gods" grant?

This is to alleviate any concerns of not receiving the grant.

I suspect you will all need a rest/break after SOE Live so now might be a better time to ask.
  18. Tobynn Augur

Event passes were supposed to be mailed in advance. At this point, I'd be more concerned about being turned away at the door. Tick-tock-two-weeks-tick-tock.
  19. Irish New Member

Got my pass in mail today.
  20. Ringkeeper Journeyman