Want To Look Like One of the Original EverQuest Gods?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 9, 2014.

1. Zahrym Augur

I had Summer courses that lead straight into August and Fall courses, I wish there was a way to just watch SoE live online and pay for a ticket to get the items or something that way. I don't mind paying for premium but it just feels like an un-necessary waste of the ticket.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. OldCa61 Augur

Got my Sony Pass yesterday via USPS. Got my Jinx T Shirt last Saturday. Ready for Aug !!!
  3. Crystilla Augur

In past years some of the events were streamed at Twitch I believe so once they're up you could watch them.

Premium also gives you the next expansion for free (for every game under all access) so that takes a bit of sting out of the ticket price.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

No offense but unless you're very well to do, saved up for awhile or got lucky the expense of a premium pass + travel & food/drinks is pretty hard to come up with. Especially with the economy being so bad. I think it's time SOE reassess what they're trying to do & change it up a little to make it more affordable & feasible for a larger audience to attend which would result in an overall larger profit if done correctly.
  5. Zamiam Augur

hey Roshen ,
    I'm gonna purchase the day pass and was just wondering you said it will be 1 per account with the item be Heirloom flagged so we can transfer it to a different toon on same account ?

thanks
  6. Crystilla Augur

Gyurika, I agree it can be tough for some players, especially those who don't live on the west coast. I started attending these years ago when they did actually move them around the country. Unfortunately those days are gone and I miss them.

I think it's good that they do stream quite a few events on Twich. Though FYI SoE doesn't do this convention because it makes money (it doesn't), but because they want to give back to the players and have that mass interaction.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I am concerned about the restrictions. I was hoping to cycle through the illusions - which was the understanding in the previous thread.

Currently the plan is to give you a random illusion from this list each time you click the item.

The restrictions make it a novelty item equivalent to a Station Cash novelty click. I suspect dozens of players were paying for the Day or Premium passes for a true illusion item (i.e. Aspect of the Brood and other LoN illusions). It goes from a $50 (early orders)-$169 item to a $10 item. Will the timer freeze in PoK or Guild Lobby? Will BRD/ROG/ENC 'Master of Diguise' still work on the effect? As a comparison, previous SOE Live items included Noble Dojorn's Lamp (100% experience increase - albeit randomized with hp/mana heals) and more permanent mercenary contracts (i.e. Vampires, Marionettes).

Not to be ungrateful. I appreciate your efforts thus far and understand you are addressing concerns of Gods running wild. Also, that this item was considered a perk. However, several dozen players probably paid good money (even $169 for a late premium) under the assumption that it was unrestricted. It was somewhat marketed as a stand-alone purchase (at least - a major perk) and without specifics until three days before Live. I'd advocate removing restrictions but keeping the item without 'Heirloom' tag so that one character can reap full benefit while preventing the propagation of the illusion on one entire account. (One claim per account).
    OldCa61 likes this.
  8. A-Quad Augur

lol, really?? 2 hour recast time makes no sense. 10 minute duration makes even less sense.

I'll bet the vast majority of folks expected this item to function like Gunthak Swabby's Eyepatch, just without beneficial buffs.
  9. Laozi New Member

poor move. it went from an occasion to rejoice at the 15th anniversary to a 'bait-and-switch.' people will probably throw the guise into the bank or use it to go through doors. haha.
  10. OldCa61 Augur

\

Hey, Where is this information about 2 hour recast coming from anyways??? TIA
  11. Benito EQ player since 2001.

OldCa61 likes this.
  12. Qulas Augur

Kudos to Roshen for having the dedication to spent 16 hours of game time to get this update finished!
  13. OldCa61 Augur

/crickets
  14. Pumps New Member

Based on questions in another thread, I added the buff duration and recast this. This item clicks for a 10 minute duration, which is unfocusable. 2 hour recast time.

Fix this. This is just stupid. I didn't want to pay $35 for a worthless item. Recast time? sure! 10 min duration? = .