Stonewood Bow Staff and Plane of War Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WDWolf, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Out_Riding Journeyman

/paging Syrup
    sula likes this.
  2. Dre. Altoholic

You used early information to succeed. Props for that, but it's dishonest to deny that the implementation was poor, or suggest that most players were likely to be aware of it.
  3. Axxius Augur

No argument here. Just can't really complain about 'kill stealing' when the mobs die from 1 nuke. Especially when 5 people are sitting at the mob's spawn point and it dies before most of them can even see who aggroed it first.
  4. sula Augur

yeah about 44k tribute
  5. Langya Augur

Well, not like this is anything that has not been experienced before. Challenging content locked up behind contested rare drops from a sparse population of spawns.....didn't people ask for more of this? Repeatedly? Anyway, welcome back, EQ. We missed you.

If there is a moral to the story, always saved a few items for "just in case" if it has a TS tag. I wish I did. I had ever other kind of bow staff under the sun but that one.
    Sinestra and Synisca like this.
  6. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

DAY OF THE HOARDER!

I got 17 of these babies banked because I keep EVERYTHING.
    Synisca and Leerah like this.
  7. Relf New Member

All SOE did was give their reps more work. I can just imagine the increase of kill stealing complaints that are flooding their queues. It will follow the same pattern EQ always does. Do something stupid, dig in their heels and resist changing anything, then make changes. 15 years of the same pattern.
  8. Revulsion Elder

wow really? content locked behind tradeskills? this is crap, whoever asked for this needs to be shot!, Seriously a rare drop from what maybe 10 mobs in the entire zone and getting 1 shotted before anyone knows who aggroed it. Thats kind of stupid. I however managed to get 3 of the steel bricks from drops but the staffs, forget it they are so highly camped its stupid. I watched 4 treeants in poe die the second they spawned you had maybe 1/10 of a second to respond before the mob died. If you weren't on the trigger, forget about getting the drop you needed, and every 15 mins a respawn, makes this even that much more difficult, way to go, the most fun zone to ever open and its locked behind tradeskills now thats about stupid well guess thats SoE for you, expect the unexpected something they are great at.
    sula likes this.
  9. Zahrym Augur

122 people in zone, 8-10 mobs with 20~ min repop. Good times. I'd post a snapshot of the ooc or shout but pretty much any line would violate the terms and conditions on the forums.

Legit revamp.
    sula likes this.
  10. Summinsmethings Journeyman

I am so sick and tired of Sony making stupid quests like this. I will likely be bottle necked at the bow and the diamond stage because of all the a holes farming to make the bows and charge outragous ammounts for it. Make the supplies purchaseable
    sula likes this.
  11. Revulsion Elder

I agree make all the items for this purchasable on the pok vendors bow staffs, steel bricks, and whatever else you need that is a rare drop that only drops off 10 mobs. that would cure the entire bottleneck on this and right now POE is on lockdown no one getting drops till the people who are camping it for their entire guild gets all the pieces so yea I call crap. I have all but the bowstaff piece and I'm stuck till the farmers are done. guess its back to playing another game till all the hype wears off.
  12. feiddan Augur

I love it. PoP era throwback.
    Synisca and Genoane like this.
  13. Brosa Augur

Keep in mind the masses have been twitteling their thumbs since CotF is delayed release waiting for the day PoW to be released. Only to find out they have to fight the Masses for a rare item to drop from very few mobs so they can do a pita combine in order to get the opportunity to farm an upgrade. How did SOE not see the problem with this? Do they not realize its going to take well past the release of Cotf T2a for the majority to get flagged on this quest?
    sula, Rouan and beryon like this.
  14. feiddan Augur

Very PoP era. I'm a fan.
    Synisca likes this.
  15. Grelthur Elder

Wow, all this just in the first 12 hours. I wonder how long it's going to take before things really get nasty and moderators start deleting threads and/or locking the post.

The opportunists are trying to make a quick buck by overvaluing their product. That's the problem with free enterprise and supply & demand. If you want to pay an exorbitant price because you don't want to wait around and have to do it now, you have fun with that. I won't be. I will get it done when it I get it done. If I miss out on something, so what, it's not that big of a deal to me that I have to get completely stressed out and act like I'm trying to get the last one of <insert fad item here> in existence. It simply isn't worth it.

Just sit back and enjoy the game. If something is going to make me not enjoy it, I'm not going to do it. Plain and simple.
    sula likes this.
  16. Tarrin Augur

It isn't overvaluing a product if both the buyer and seller agree to the price. That is the definition of assigning it value.

Its not a problem. Its the beauty.
    Leerah likes this.
  17. Kobrah Augur

things being locked behind difficult progression. sure that was pop .. you needed the right classes and skill to get things done or enough people ... no specific class ... no level of skill will get an item to drop faster that is needed in mass quantity. I was looking forward to plane of war but seems I might have to sit this one out.
  18. Grelthur Elder

True, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Perhaps overvaluing was the wrong word. Lets say "charging a premium" instead.
  19. porky Augur

The correct term is "gouging" Kind of like the miners and the "company store." It took a revolt and much bloodshed to overcome that. Not that it still isn't going on. Visit any of the "gouge" markets in LA or San Diego where their clientele is all on foot.
    sula likes this.
  20. Grelthur Elder

Oh, I completely agree, it's price gouging. I was merely trying to be polite about it. :rolleyes: