Treant =/= Beast!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Regnon, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Lyona New Member

Ok Griffon is just too freaking cool. If we had BST with Griffons back in pre kunark.. the heart attacks.. oh my!
    xcitng and Sinestra like this.
  2. Tintalle New Member

Treants are druid pet fodder.. and baby bears are for druids too. Beastlords need something that says "DO THE GROWL" .. like a ^Griffon or a black panther.
    xcitng and Yinla like this.
  3. Sinestra Augur

Yesway, I certainly don't mean to be rude or attack you. I want to make that clear even if you weren't talking to me. I disagree and sometimes vehemently, but generally even when I fail, I try not to be completely rude.
  4. Yesway Augur

I have to admit, griffon sounds pretty sweet.
    Azzurri and Sinestra like this.
  5. Koneko Augur

griffon wouldn't work due to other problems people have about bears and stuff cause magicians and monster summoning
  6. Draego Augur

Im still going with Goral
  7. Draego Augur

Heck I would even be OK with the Pink colored Goral........ just so long as the final pet ISN'T a friggin Treant.
  8. Sinestra Augur

Griffon would be fine. The other ones I mentioned before that I would like would be Fae Drake, Snake, Unicorn, Panther, Turtle (which I really enjoy). I know not all of them are specific to the WE starting area or even Faydwer, but I think they would be nice.
  9. Braveheart Augur

It will most likely be a small black bear.
  10. Sinestra Augur

It looks like they won't allow another vote so it will end up staying a small brown twig.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Depends which version of the tree they go for.

It shouldn't be the izon as that was a corrupted tree, I prefer the original tree graphic, the ones which used to cause DEs issues in NK. Time will tell I guess. Either way the other warders can use the trees to relieve themselves.
    Sinestra and xcitng like this.
  12. MrFlik Journeyman

Triffids with poison stingers would deter other warders.
  13. Imrahil Augur

Treant imho is a plant and as such not suitable for a beastlord.
    Sinestra, Yinla and xcitng like this.
  14. Langya Augur

There are supposed to be rules now? In a fantasy game?

Its a sentient walking tree. If it was walking down your street, people would definitely consider it to be some kind of beast or monster. The government would be scrambling to capture it and cut it open to see what makes it tick before the redneck down the street gets his Stihl and cuts it up for stove wood. The kind of stove wood that can carry itself to the wood stove.
  15. Draego Augur

Hey, I know some people who would take personal offense to that..........

Granted it is absolutely true, but Stihl (LOL)..............
  16. Langya Augur

/shrug. In this modern age, people have never been more eager to take offense. Nor has the threshold for what is offensive been so low.
  17. Moklianne Augur

Griffon would be cool. In the end, it doesn't have to come from the continent Wood Elves live. I would like it to come from original Norrath though. Odus, Antonica, Faydark, Kunark, or Velious, since these were the hay day of EQ. I would include Luclin, but I can't think of one mob I cared for on that moon.
  18. Putrify Elder

Well, seems the Treant was pre-determined, so we'll have to live with it. But, I would rather have seen one of the following (in no particular order):

Puma
    Coyote
    Black Wolf
    Dire Wolf (Yeah...I went there!)
    Chupacabra...um...
    Gopher...ah...okay, I ran out of good ideas a few back.....
    Sinestra likes this.
  19. Philphans Lorekeeper

they should make it a Brownie! /duck
  20. Petts Elder

Y'all keep saying that they should have gone with something in Faydark ... show me where in this game there is a bengal tiger (Vah Shir pet)? I can't find one and certainly not in Shar Vhal or its connecting zones.

I am not for the treant for sure ... i think a vicious rabbit or a squirrel would have been way better as others have said.