Rain of Fear Pre-Order is now available!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Reht The Dude abides...

How does this affect immersion? It may change YOUR perceived immersion but that doesn't mean it's going to change mine! Sorry, I am not less immersed in life because i order from amazon.com at 3 a.m. instead of going to the store.
  2. Riou EQResource

Uh... It makes more sense and more immersive to see merchants all over the world, you know, not every single one ever goes to 1 spot (bazaar) to sell their wares. The bazaar would probably still be the most populated place due to convenience
    Reht likes this.
  3. dragon3371 New Member

ive been trying to purchase the collectors ediditon and after i choose and select BUY it says there is an error......wtf?
  4. beryon Augur

Where did you see that?
  5. Riou EQResource

http://www.everquest.com/expansions

Improved Brokering System – Sell items in the Bazaar while being offline! More flexibility as a buyer to search and purchase from anywhere in the world.
  6. Wizardling Lorekeeper

LOL, of course Reht blindly 'liked' your post, even though it doesn't even fit with what SoE has said - "More flexibility as a buyer to search and purchase from anywhere in the world." Anywhere. Not to merchants that function as traders that will magically have the same items being sold anywhere, which would still be immersion breaking (duh). But wait - let me guess. You can't work out why in that hypothetical case, either - can you? I bet you have trouble with a great many things, oblivious to much of the world as you seem to be.

But getting back to my earlier questions you ignored - if you honestly (and we all know you do) don't understand why buying off the bazaar anywhere you happen to be in the world is immersion breaking, then why don't we have mobs just appear in front of us to kill? Why have a world at all? Why not just have everything appear right next to you? Why have merchants? Why not just be able to open a window and buy whatever, wherever? Why not just have EQ be a small room where everything you desire is summoned instantly to you? Hell, why waste time and graphics processing power drawing all these complex 3D models and spell effects? Just have you be, say, an orange sphere, and mobs be green squares. Hell, why not just have all action represented in text. Why do we need graphics at all? After all - nothing apparently breaks immersion. Anything makes sense. Simply have EQ be a combat log with no wasted time moving, only textual fight after fight. Imagine the potential for boxing! You could easily box several thousand toons on any $100 netbook.

No, you know why none of that makes sense, from this upcoming change to my more extreme examples. The fact isn't that you don't understand, it's that you don't care. Or at least - as with so many players saying they want dumbing down - you think you want this change. Only later of course will people like you realise the game isn't quite as fun as it once was. You can't seem to connect with the world as you once did. It's not as meaningful. You're indifferent. It's all just become... a bit meh. Gosh... how did that happen...?

The sad thing is this is hardly a new story. MMOers have been shooting themselves in the foot for over a decade now (EQ's PoP and WoW's Cataclysm being two (of a great many) of the most obvious examples), and they keep on doing so, seemingly perpetually unaware the current state of their game is their fault. Just as devs continually show no spine in resisting players, who history has shown over and over, have little idea what truly makes their game an engaging experience.

History just keeps repeating and players like you fall all over yourselves in a rush welcome the latest dumbing down. It would be funny and ironic if it weren't so bloody sad and have happened so many times in so many MMOs now *sigh*

WTB: MMO with devs who have some vision and spine. Bonus would be players smart enough to realise easier and dumber isn't always the best move, but I've very low expectations when it comes to players nowadays, so I guess that's optional.
  7. Explicit Augur

\
    Sounds like you need to find a new hobby, trolling clearly isn't your strong point.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say that all the doom-saying over "ezmode" and (LOL) "entitlement generation" and how bad EQ is now because it isn't the game you played in diapers 20 years ago has grown pretty tiresome.

Pro-tip: It is NEVER going to be that game again, and to bring that back now would be akin to committing suicide. People grow up, so did the game. Perhaps it's time that you do so.
  8. Wizardling Lorekeeper

Actually it has been that game again a couple times now and permanently in another case...

Also I like how you so very predictably (so much so it's almost too banal to note) try to dismiss me as a troll. Enjoy your dumbing down. We all reap what we sow, even if some of us lack the wits or simply the ability to follow recent history to know the inevitable outcome.

Finally (and this is a pro tip (note the lack of any hyphen which would make no sense) of my own just for you) I think you'll find that in English enclosing text in quotation marks like "ezmode" and "entitlement generation", surprisingly enough means you're quoting someone specific. Who would that be?
  9. Tobynn Augur

First person to play the grammar/punctuation card forfeits the argument. No exceptions.
    Vuncar, Elricvonclief and Rainbowdash like this.
  10. Wizardling Lorekeeper

Gosh, I was way off the mark about your usage of quotation marks. Oh, wait. No I wasn't. In the context you used them you were quoting... somebody, yet I still cannot seem to locate the source.

Also - you can harp on about how anyone who doesn't love dumbing down is a troll, sadly reality hasn't changed one iota. Anyway - I'll let you get back to trying to convince yourself your use of quotation marks didn't look like you were quoting someone here, you were not just made a fool of after your sad attempt to brand me a troll went pear shaped, and are not trying to cover it by denying reality it startlingly obvious ways.

Finally "More flexibility as a buyer to search and purchase from anywhere in the world" (hey look - from the context and quotation marks it would appear to be a quote... and what d'ya know - it IS a quote! :) See how less confusing it is when you frame text as a quote by use of quotation marks and context, and it actually is a quote?) would seem to be very clear on players being able to buy from traders anywhere. Only the mechanics of doing so remains up in the air.
  11. Wizardling Lorekeeper

Oh, I didn't realise your charming little made up rule was in play. Sorry.
  12. Rainbowdash Augur

>"you" (OH LOOK A QUOTE LOL OMG HAHA LOL)
    >implying I was the one you initially were correcting

Are you even trying anymore? 3/10. 3 point bonus because I responded.

Now let's get back on topic. RoF pre-orders!
  13. Wizardling Lorekeeper

Opps, you're quite right - I didn't notice you were not the person who made fake quotes. I suppose it's hard for me to understand why anyone would defend that, especially in such a transparently 'score points at any cost, even at the cost of coming across truthfully' manner. Thus I didn't notice you were someone else.
  14. Geroblue Augur

I'll be able to buy from bazaar anywhere in game ? Outstanding ! And buying from other players is breaking immersion. No wait, we aren't in virtual reality suits so typing on the keyboard loses immersion. I don't consider MMOs to be immersive.
  15. Explicit Augur

Hot dang, one paragraph on the internet and this dude is ready to light someone's house on fire.

Here's a couple threads relating to much of the same tired drivel you're spewing on us in this one.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eqold/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=187370&#2818096 -- oh look, it's used in the first post.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eqold/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=189175&#2842639

Quite surprised you've never seen either of those terms used on the old forums, considering you seem to be exactly the type of person that would throw them around in anger whilst living 10 years in the past.

Alas, you had a good run but it's time to go home now. Goodnight, sweet prince.
  16. Tobynn Augur

If you are unfamiliar with argument and debate, there are a multitude of information sources scattered across this new thing called The Internet. I am certain you can find numerous variants of that charming little made up rule. Meanwhile, I await your rebuttal, which I assume will include some crack about my punctuation or my mother.
    Vuncar likes this.
  17. Rainbowdash Augur

It'll probably just say "u mad bro". Typical fall back when they run out of replies.
  18. Alowyn New Member

How many of each item will be in the preorder, please? 1 of each, 999, etc?
    Thank you.
  19. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

I can't believe this has gone on this long. Who wants to leave their computer running day and night in the hopes of selling their wares? Not to mention tying up an account that could be used for adventuring. In my opinion, it's about time they took out the need to stand in the bazaar for days on end-that was just silly. As far as immersion, let me know what server you're on lol, and you can stand in the bazaar day and night staring at the middle of one of the rooms, and I promise i'll come in every so often and /auc for random stuff, if that will help:)
  20. beryon Augur

Do we know for sure that it won't tie up the account? I ask because when Sklug talked about doing this, his idea was to leave the trader up if you logged out, but you couldn't use the account for anything else.