Rain of Fear Pre-Order is now available!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Piestro Augur

[IMG]

The pre-order for Rain of Fear is now available!

For a limited time only, order Rain of Fear and receive special bonus items upon release of the expansion. We have two great offers available:

Standard - $39.99
    Included:
    · Harbinger's Staff (Only Available with Pre-Order)
    · Fear Corrupted Phase Spider Metamorph Totem (Only Available with Pre-Order)
    · Collector's Dimensional Case
    · Traveler's Rucksack
    · Idol of Cazic Thule
    · Holgresh Metamorph Totem
    · Contract of the Apparitional Alaran
    · Painting: Rain of Fear
    · Bracelet of the Severed Hand

Or go big with the Digital Collector’s Edition - $59.99 (Normally $89.99)
    · Harbinger's Staff (Only Available with Pre-Order)
    · Fear Corrupted Phase Spider Metamorph Totem (Only Available with Pre-Order)
    · Collector's Dimensional Case
    · Traveler's Rucksack
    · Idol of Cazic Thule
    · Holgresh Metamorph Totem
    · Contract of the Apparitional Alaran
    · Painting: Rain of Fear
    · Bracelet of the Severed Hand
    · Collectors Only Collection Quest
    · Journeyman's Pocketed Rucksack
    · Evantil’s Abode
    · Holgresh House Pet
    · Contract of the Fallen
    · Painting: Shards Landing
    · Thulian Bracelet of the Severed Hand

Go here to place your pre-order today!

We will publish images of all the in-game items from the Standard and Collector’s Editions as soon as we have can – we’re excited to see them too!
  2. CaptAmazing Augur

What's the Harbringer's Staff do?

We will publish images of all the in-game items from the Standard and Collector’s Editions as soon as we have can – we’re excited to see them too![/quote]
  3. Trajet D'Or Augur

Where can I buy this amazing product?
    Reprisal likes this.
  4. Kormage New Member

My friend who has all access said it was only 30 normal 45 collectors for him. Is there a special price for all access members?
  5. Geroblue Augur

I would have to know what each item did/benefits/stats before contemplating a pre-order. And anything else, like changes/additions below 70th level that are going to happen.
  6. Crystilla Augur

This says limited time. Until when is this available? Will this run at least into next week sometime? (Asking since some folks have already left for SoE Live and may not see this until they return at the end of the week.)
  7. Summinsmethings Journeyman

Wow is all i can say you are offering very little in the way of new zones just reusing the previous garbage ;literally reusing the same graphics from Vellios , And you think this is worth 40 dollars. What a joke. You guys really were lazy and uninventive for this expansion. I can see a mass exodus happening in EQ very soon but maybe this is your plan
  8. Diade New Member

So do you have to have VoA to get this expansion?
  9. Emarinn Elder

If you don't have VoA and buy RoF, you will get VoA. You won't have access to VoA until RoF goes live though.
    Taadieri likes this.
  10. Taadieri Journeyman

Based on similar wording for past release announcemtns, the limited time only part only applies to getting the Harbinger's Staff and the Fear Corrupted Phase Spider Metamorph Token. And it probably runs through 11:59 PM Pacific Time on the day before release.
  11. Siddar Augur

What exactly does a Metamorph Token do?
  12. Vinney Augur

What is "Evantil’s Abode" House? or just a neighborhood placement? and "Thulian Bracelet of the Severed Hand" you guys should have links to these extra items..probable would be a good "Marketing Tool"....but then again SoE and marketing are like oil and vinegar.
  13. Reprisal Augur

RekMMO likes this.
  14. Rainbowdash Augur

You must not have been on EQ long. A large portion of the playerbase wants to see things like this. Why do you think the Living Legacy revamps succeeded so well and things like Freeport/East Commons revamps were generally frowned upon. The game is 13 years old, and much of the player base that clings to said game have been here through all 13 years.

Nostalgia sells. And not everything is about shiny new pixels.

Btw if you're looking for amazing realistic mega-graphics, you're on, not only the wrong game, but the wrong game genre.
    DirtyGurtie and RekMMO like this.
  15. Kinadorm Augur

In addition to screenshots I would like to know what each item does and if it offers any in-game benefits. Also it would be good to list the quantity of each item received (999, 1, etc.).

What exactly is "Collectors Only Collection Quest" and does it provide any in-game benefits?
    RekMMO likes this.
  16. Piestro Augur

We'll definitely work on getting that to you.

It's a combination familiar/petamorph wand. If you have a pet it's a petamorph wand, if you don't it's a familiar.
    RekMMO likes this.
  17. Vinney Augur

Thanks Reprisal, the link answered a lot of questions I had.
    Harbinger's Staff
    (Only Available with Pre-Order) - Clicky, teleports you to a spot near the zone in to the main RoF zone
    Fear Corrupted Phase Spider Metamorph Totem
    (Only Available with Pre-Order) - Metamorph items are similar to both a summoned familiar and a petamorph wand. It uses in whichever manner is appropriate
    Collector's Dimensional Case - Bag only for collection items
    Traveler's Rucksack - Same as existing item
    Idol of Cazic Thule - Housing Item
    Holgresh Metamorph Totem - See above. New Holgresh model
    Contract of the Apparitional Alaran - Mercenary contract for a ghostly Alaran - possibly a new model
    Painting: Rain of Fear - Housing item
    Bracelet of the Severed Hand - Mount, on the back of a reanimated hand.
    Collectors Only Collection Quest - Collection Quest only available to those with the Collector's Edition
    Journeyman's Pocketed Rucksack - Same as existing item
    Evantil’s Abode - House based on one of the new zones
    Holgresh House Pet - New Holgresh model
    Contract of the Fallen - Mercenary contract, super sweet looking
    Painting: Shards Landing - Housing item
    Thulian Bracelet of the Severed Hand -Mount, on the back of a reanimated hand (different skin)
    Safe Travels
  18. Wizardling Lorekeeper

Am I reading this right? You can now buy off traders anywhere in the world? I read this and just sat here repeating "Noooo!" over and over, outraged at the loss of immersion and dumbing down.
  19. Pirlo Augur

Proving once again, people will complain about anything
    Cindayen, DirtyGurtie and Reht like this.
  20. Wizardling Lorekeeper

Well, why not make it so you don't ever have to visit vendors as well? Let's just have everything able to be bought anywhere available instantly at your current location?

You know what? It's a pain having to travel even small distances to kill mobs. Why not make a button that places the mob you want to kill right in front of you, wherever you are?

Hey it's a pain to have to go talk to quest givers. Why not make quests available from anywhere and just have an accept button with objectives, no quest text, no story to step through. I'm so tired of this immersion. I just want to hit other pixels with my pixels!