Rain of Fear Pre-Order is now available!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Tobynn Augur

Actually the descriptive wording used was kinda strange. It sounded like if you wanted the item right away, then having it delivered directly to you was an option available. Almost sounds like if you want the instant delivery, then there's a downside to that ... some cost involved? Handling charge? House rake?

I thought the phraseology was very odd, kinda cryptic.
  2. Hatsee Augur

Ah, brokers.

Nvm.
  3. Piestro Augur

Bags will be 1 per account, many of the other items will be one per character. I think the house will probably be limited to one per account as well. II should have full confirmation tomorrow.
  4. Geroblue Augur

Because it is doubtful I'll get any of my characters to that level. So the claim items and anything for characters below the expansion character levels determines if I buy it or not.
  5. Morikage New Member

Been digging around for trying to locate a target launch date for RoF. Does such a thing exist yet? Even a rough idea would be nice to help me plan how long I have to decide on pre-order.
  6. Tadenea Augur

dont suppose we can get a screenshot of what the house will look like? inside and out
  7. Massou New Member

Can you all make it so VoA use is immediate upon pre-order for RoF. Attach a key for VoA to the preorder package probably easiest.
  8. Geroblue Augur

US law says no can do.
  9. Massou New Member

What US law is that? pretty sure calling it a pre order gift would negate any law.
  10. Geroblue Augur

Been brought up for years now. Pre-order credit cards/debit cards cannot be charged until the item becomes available. Since it isn't expansion delivery day yet, no charge. And earlier expansions tied to the pre-order don't get to your account until the next expansion goes live.
  11. Abazzagorath Augur

Release date is Nov 28th. Was announced awhile ago, then they claimed it was not official, then they announced the same date at Fan Faire.
  12. Dazzler Twodirks Lorekeeper

If the charge date is November 28th why is it trying to charge it NOW?
  13. Trajet D'Or Augur

This must really suck for sporting events, concerts and such, it's against the law to charge for a ticket until delivery day. Oh wait, that's not the law.
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

Pre-order a game on Amazon and you'll have the same thing, no charge until they ship it to you.
  15. Geroblue Augur

And yet, I am correct about expansions. No ship/charge until the expansion 'ship' date.
  16. Trajet D'Or Augur

Right, delivery is a basic part of transactions. Until Amazon provides delivery they won't charge the customer.

But the same as Sony has delivered me subscription time that doesn't begin until 2014 by simply making a note on my account that it's paid until 2015, they can deliver me Rain of Fear by making a note on my account that Rain of Fear has been purchased, even though I will not be able to access the content until Nov 28th or possibly later if it's delayed or possibly refund the purchase if it's cancelled. Same as Everquest might not still be running in 2014 at which point they would offer a refund in some manner, same as they did for SWG.

One day a large company will purchase Sony that can handle the wild craziness of potentially hundreds of thousands of dollars in advance payments and simply sell the expansion prior to release. As long as it continues to be run like a lemonade stand they will continue to say, "No sir, I can't take your money until Mommy makes me another jug."
  17. Liliana Augur

any chance we can get some of those images mentioned in the original post?
  18. Tobynn Augur

Is providing images, claim quantities, and further details about pre-order items still on anyone's To-Do list? Piestro was expecting to have full confirmation tomorrow, and tomorrow was three weeks ago.

T minus 13 days.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

When is the last day for pre-ordering?
  20. doktartp Augur

I would guess the 27th, since you cant order something early that is live.

I would be curious to know how long the CE is discounted.