Raids, pure melee, hybrids and dps

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dega, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hatsee Augur

I'm pretty sure rangers heal better actually.

But this entire discussion is a bit silly so let's not get thrown under the bus and try to drag everyone else under there as well. I'm giving it a few days before people just outright say nerf enough times it gets locked.

That said monks should see an increase to their burst dps over a minute by around 10-20k dps. Only burst dps... burst increases address sustained issues as well, if those even exist.
  2. savrin Augur

It depends a lot on what classes are recruited in a guild. In a lower end guild that beast will be in the top 10 parse every time. In a guild that recruits lots of good dps classes that do not slack ever (dkp penalties if they do) beastlords are not competitive.

I do not think that beastlords should not ever be competitive with monks. They should not be far above monks. But I disagree with people saying they should not be able to compete with them for parses. Monks have lots of things that beastlords do not have like pulling abilities and mend where beastlords at this point are pretty much a purely a dps hybrid classes.

Our raid and group roles are pretty much dps. Our heals and pulling are terrible. Paragon is not really that impressive. We have adps like fero and Fury but other than that we do nothing but dps on raids. We cannot do anything else that is useful on raids so a nerf to beastlords dps directly makes them less effective on raids and more likely to have guilds again like RoI not even want to recruit even one of them. Feel free to argue with me when that happens to monks. I have never heard of a raid guild with zero monks.

The argument that a class should have more dps just because it is a "parent" class when the devs have not even used this concept in years when determining dps is just ignorant. All dps classes should be somewhat competitive with each other. The parent class argument is bull.
    Beastlords are in the middle dps wise, which is where they should be. They should not be at the bottom just because they are a hybrid. I can mention rangers if hybrids should all be the bottom too because they are pretty darn good dps too.
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

A point here I would like to bring up for raid purposes only. Rangers cannot dump agro anywhere near as effectively as a bet. You cannot fluster a raid mob unless you want to piss off an entire raid and then kill it. All we have have is drop agro is cover tracks on a 10 minute timer. I am always on the ragged edge of getting smashed...just were I like it.

Sorry for the derail. Nerf beast! :D
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I am a warrior druid hybrid. Could you imagine the outcry if I could tank better than a warrior? A monk is a pure melee class They should definite be doing more than beast in terms of dps. Mend and pulling ability (lol) do not equal a bst ability to tank, dps, provide asps, and heal in no way shape or form. Monks should be the masters of bat in dps like tanks should be the masters of rangers in ranking. There is no need to nerf bst to get there. They just need to boost monks.
  5. silku Augur

How about we phrase it in a different way. Instead of:

BL should not be doing more than a pure melee class

Lets phrase it:

Pure melee should not be doing less than a beastlord.

I don't want to see beastlords go down to less DPS than they are at now. I'd rather see rogues, zerkers, and especially monks lift above beastlords. The problem is I don't always see beastlords in the top parses. Sometimes yes, on really long fights it seems. (Which makes sense since they have two melee that are fighting constantly with procs etc.) Let's stop calling for jealousy nerfs, and instead address that the other melee need a boon.
  6. Kilzit New Member

Instead of they should be better than Beast try this they should be better than Beast and wait for it ...Rangers also since they are a hybrid as well.This is just another call for a nerf no matter how you wanna try to hide it.Hiding behind the parent clause is just wow.
  7. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Monks should be doing more dps than a ranger. I am glad you agree. Call it what you want, point blank monks should be ruling hybrids in dps. It doesn't have to be some huge margin but it should definitely be noticeable.
  8. Kilzit New Member

On my part was not trying to drag anybody else under the bus i was merely trying to point out dont just call out 1 hybrid and whine call them all out.
  9. Hatsee Augur

I disagree entirely.

The second you tell someone that a margin should exist you end up with people deciding this margin on their own and then getting mad if they don't achieve this margin at all times even when they acknowledge they are playing wrong. Or at least this is how it has always worked, even when margins were never acknowledged by the devs for anyone.

Toss monks 10-20k dps on their burns, so 60s or less, and call it a day. That gets them solidly in the middle of the pack. Trying to guarantee them anything is insane simply because of how this game works and with how much reliance we all have on the RNG and other classes to do our jobs. If they so much as mention a margin then you'll see monks who don't have a bard commenting that they lost to a hybrid who had full support and thus things need to change. What a mess that becomes.
  10. Dega Elder

Actually I am a rog, I do believe I made that clear in my opening post.
    I am NOT calling for a nerf on beastlords, and anyone reading nerf in that post clearly suffers from paranoia in one way or another. I was just hoping to get some input and hopefully from a dev if this is how they envisioned it, and if those of us that belong to a pure melee class could expect a boost, and yes mnks needs a boost more than the rest of us in that category. And even though the beasts in my guild are exceptional, so am I and most of our pure melee. The few times someone actually beats a bst, it is one of our more exceptional necros doing the hammering:cool:
  11. Kilzit New Member

LMAO Dega your a Rog in here whinning bout Beast for another class,wanna buy a Bridge?
  12. Hatsee Augur

Rogues asking for boosts right now?

Really?

Really?
  13. Aggememnon Elder

There is your versatility. You can *choose* what you want to do. Monks cannot. And if you *choose* to dps, you do better than a class that can *only* dps. Seems pretty clear cut to me.
  14. Xicon Journeyman

Beastlords are meant to be High DPS period, we were given tools to insure we always get the best DPS groups shows where the Devs wanted us to be. Monks and Rangers go cry in your corner you were given the Light Tank tag (for some dumb reason) so your not suppose to be great DPS.
  15. Hatsee Augur

That tag existed before your class was an afterthought after a night of drinking by the devs of the day.

You were behind monks in terms of dps until very recently.

Your tools are all usable on people not in your group, which if you don't know also casts it on you. So your assertion that this buys you a spot in dps groups is false, it does the opposite actually. Your class doing decent dps is what secures you a spot in those groups, not things like the new XXX Fury line.
  16. sojuu Augur

I wont go into the healing because its already been said in threads after this quote and before my post but you also get decent slows, snares and so forth. Beasts get healing, and tons of utilities. Monks get what? DPS and pulling/positioning utulities? How is that balanced since every class gets a fade now days and pulling is a thing of the past. Positioning? Wow huge utility there. That leaves monks with DPS and being the parent class to beasts why should you as a beast even be near a monks dps? The answer is you should not even be able to hold a candel to our dps at all. But yet you are on par with us if not have better dps. In my opinion a monk should be able to out dps a beastlord with only auto attack and spamming flying kick and no other discs or AAs. Sorry if this post seems like I am asking for beast nerfs which I am not just extremly frustrated atm with where the devs have put us as monks in the DPS line.
  17. Xicon Journeyman

Well it gets me the DPS groups and all of the Beast in my Guild the DPS groups i rarely see a Ranger or Monk there, that tells me all i need to know.
  18. Hatsee Augur

No, never.

This is why we can't have nice things.
  19. Hatsee Augur

That your raid leader is bad at making groups?
    Apex, Reht and Ronak like this.
  20. sojuu Augur

lol I may have exagerated a bit, i didn't think it would be taken so literally lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.