Raids, pure melee, hybrids and dps

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dega, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dega Elder

I don´t mean to and moan, or well maybe I do , at least a little bit :) Are beastlords really supposed to be such a distance ahead of pure melee as they are today? It was and always has been my understanding that a hybrid should never outdps a pure melee ( given same lvl , aas gear skill etc etc ofc ), but in todays raids they leave us fairly far behind. I am playing a rog and I cant for the life of me beat or even keep up with our beastlords, and tbh it is starting to annoy the hell out of me. I have been looking for threads where this is discussed but havnt really been able to find any. So is there an official word on this, is this how it is supposed to be now, or will we be getting a boost?

Don´t missunderstand me, I am not calling for a nerf, tho I wouldn´t mind a boost, but I would like an answer to the question if this is where the devs envisioned us to be, and if so, maybe give us their reasons for it.
  2. maverick Elder

Well, I am not a rogue nor am I a beastlord, however I do raid and every parse I see rogues beat out beastlords, and our beastlords are great.
    Just some food for thought.
  3. Gragas Augur

Then your beastlords are slacking.
  4. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Have you tried standing behind the mobs?

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

I thought a good part of BL DPS was from short duration group buffs, what DPS boosters at you grouped with in the raid, VS the BL?
  5. sojuu Augur

If you look in the melee class forums monks are complaining how beastlords are ahead of them, when the monks are actually the parent class. Other complaints are there aswell as we should be closer to rogues and zerkers than we currently are.
  6. Dega Elder

hehe you made me smile :D

usually a bard and shammy , 2.0s etc bsts have the same usually

And yes I have to agree with Gragas, those beasts are slacking then ;)

Sojuu, ill check those threads, but I can confirm that our mnks are behind our rogs as well:(

I hope a dev takes some time for some input on this matter tho.
  7. silku Augur

The only fear I have is that when someone posts these sort of posts, the devs will nerf the beastlord instead of increasing the other classes to be where they need to be.
    Sinestra likes this.
  8. Stubar Augur

Too late, the damage has been done. I can guareentee that a BL nerf will be coming in the near future. This is the third of fourth thread saying that BL dps is to high.

Saying that, the BL class has always been the armpit of EQ and more than likely will never change (we've had three or four good expansions maybe). We have been so bad for so long (look at UF..LOL) that all of a sudden when we actually become a force in the game, everyone starts to cry foul. /shrug
  9. EverChanter Augur

What game have you been playing?

More expansions then not Beastlords have been top parsers. They were gods from DoDH to TBS, and rocked in Tower. It's strange when the "armpit of EQ" has been one of the leading classes since they came about.
  10. boukk_sebilis Augur

lolwhut? bst have been stinky dps for ages before rof.
  11. Stubar Augur

Okay, let's look at it shall we?

SoL--New class was good for soling, not a major force in the raid world
    PoP--Still the new kid on the block, getting better--mostly good for MGB paragon
    LoY/LDoN--raid? What's a raid?
    GoD--Enter the Zerker--bst's take a back seat yet again.
    OOW--Bst's get a slight boost, start to show up on the odd parse here and there
    DoN---consistent dps (20pct damage mods introduced--growl line)
    DoDH---We become start to really shine...wait...nerf poison spell---Bst dps to high
    PoR---Same story, we show up on the parse, but not a major force
    TSS--Getting better, few more cold nukes and some dps AA's mid range dps now
    TBS--Wow, we are getting good now! On the parse al the time now!!
    SoF--Doing ok, but melee getting some good upgrades...falling behind a little again
    UF--LOL..what's a BL?
    HoT--Sorry about that BL community...we were only messing with ya for UF. Have some upgrades! Show up on the parse now if you push hard!
    VoA--More upgrades and AA's, your sustained is awesome now, burns are pretty good as well. Sweet!
    RoF--WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!! You guys are doing WAYYYYYY to much DPS!

So as you can see, been playing a BL since...well..Luclin. Been around for the ups and downs...LOT more downs that ups. I'm going to assume that with a name like EverChanter that you play...well a chanter. I do welcome input from someone who has never raided a BL and knows all the ins and outs of the class though! Keep it coming.
    Voodoman likes this.
  12. savrin Augur

I play a beastlord. I cannot possibly outdo a rogue, necro, wizard, ranger, zerker even when I try my best. We are nowhere near the top. There are 5 classes we cannot even compete with. Almost any end game guild a beastlord will not be in the top 10 even if they exceptional.

People who make these threads make it seem like beasts are monsters when other classes outshine them every time they try to win parses. I guess its back to the horrendous UF days for us. I am sure some dev will come along and hit us with the nerf bat just because jealous people make threads like this. GRATZ!!
  13. Langya Augur

Pretty much. Classes are fine. Its the raid designs that bring about the disparity in who does what damage.
  14. Xirtket Augur

I would have to say that it's about time bsts did some decent dps, having played one since I've been playing eq as an alt, it is a fun class, but seemed to always be lacking.

I say good for them!
  15. Samtan Lorekeeper

BST should never really out-parse a Monk in ideal situations.
  16. Explicit Augur

You mean every class but monks - the only class that actually desperately needs help right now. I do not play one, but it's pretty easy to recognize that they're in a bad place
    Voodoman likes this.
  17. Samtan Lorekeeper

Oh yeah, its clear as day that Monks need a DPS boost. I just wonder if the devs see it that way.
  18. Stubar Augur

Blanket statement and only partially true, there is a skill component attached this statement. Good BL player vs. Bad monk player for instance.

Not saying monks don't need help. I have been very verbal on a few threads that monks need to be looked at.
  19. Samtan Lorekeeper

True. Sorry.

I guess I should have said "When the talent/gear/AA are equal that a BST should never out-parse a Monk in an ideal situation"
  20. Uxtalzon Augur

Well being a paladin I worry more about out-living my opponents than worrying about DPS, but how far apart is BST to Rogue or Monk DPS? The expansion is all about pets I guess, so pet classes clearly have a boost ahead of others or somesuch. GIVE THEM PET SNAKES THAT KICK LOLOL
  21. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Beastlords are in a good spot. Help monks. They are sad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.