GRR...! PvP Server Option for Firiona Vie

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eridiniara, Feb 4, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cuzon Elder

But EQ does have PVP. It's the Rallos Zek server. It is also with /duel. It is ALSO with flagging from the PoD. So I guess the game is a complete package after all!
  2. Eridiniara Elder

Read the thread.... ima reconstruct this thread as the moderator seems to want me to do so
    it will take me a few hours..../sigh
  3. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

What about the current population of FV that actively does not want PvP and did not choose to be on a PvP server? They matter less to you than the hypothetical "casual returning PvPers and future PvPers"? You absolutely need to accept that the majority of the players of EQ do not want to have PvP forced on them.

Could there be effort made to making FV into a PvP server? Absolutely not. Zero. None. They would lose far more players than they would ever have a snowball's chance in... of gaining. There is no "issue" to combat. Other players don't want PvP and what you want will not change that.

There is a PvP server. If you want level 100 gear for no effort at all, get a heroic boost to 100 and play there. Get all the other PvPers you think are waiting in the wings to do so as well. If the population is high enough to warrant, DBG might even take PvP into consideration for development work. There is no issue to combat. Any 'casual' PvP can do the same. Or you could go with the level 85 option. Getting the heroic upgrade is FREE gear with zero effort, FREE spells/songs/disciplines/etc with zero effort. You'll even get a mount, some bags, and some plat if you use the 85 option (not sure about those on the 100 option).

If you create a new post/thread, it will likely be merged into this same one since your "clarification" will be saying the exact same thing with the exact same replies.

• A current non-PvP server is not going to be converted into a PvP server to satisfy anyone's whim or desire for PvP no matter how casual.
    • There won't be transfers off FV to any other server because of its unique economy.
    • It is highly unlikely there will ever be a PvP TLP or any other new PvP server because the population on the current one nor the number of characters turning their book in on any other server does not indicate there is a large enough population of players who choose PvP to sustain one.
    • The lack of PvP population does not mean a non-PvP server should be converted to PvP to give the PvPers more targets.
    • The characters on Zek have just as much capability of obtaining gear as any other character on any other non-Free Trade server. (Since there are only 3 Free Trade servers and the rest are not, Zek is with the majority of the servers in that respect.)
    Ssdar and Yinla like this.
  4. Eridiniara Elder

LOL, Ima have to stop responding to these posts..., This is for Options not a change to the server itself... hehe this is too much... Read the Thread P
  5. Eridiniara Elder

I cannot believe the effort people put into something without reading the thread
  6. Nennius Curmudgeon

Especially on a thread that is going nowhere.
  7. Eridiniara Elder

perhaps
  8. Eridiniara Elder

I have a few months to try and resolve the issues before RL projects. I hope u stay tuned in and dun drop out as this could go somewhere

ima reconstruct this thread in a few hours or so....
  9. Eridiniara Elder

I almost forgot I got Raids tonight tooo it will be awhile =P
  10. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

You already have the option to make your character PvP enabled in the entire world on any server. You just need to hand in the book. Any player can do that for their character. It enables the character for PvP permanently. But you have already said you don't want that and you indicate you want the population of the server for your PvP, the only way that could happen is to change the server to be a PvP server.

You really should read your own posts, I think.
  11. uberkingkong Augur

What did you look at the 50-58k? Thats for entry level though isn't that bad, could be worse. But it aint good either. San Diego is a pretty good spot. But also, remote work is highly desired too.

Anyways, if they got budget issues.
    Good ways to go around is rely on community creations, community helping the game get better.

Sandbox server.
    Everyone can make their zone and their own zones they can do rulesets and what not too.

Downside is you gotta create the sandbox. That takes time. Sandbox being like EQLandmark. Or could be like the neighborhoods, but you need more controls, like placing mobs and map design and rules/etc. like snow falling rainy zone, npcs, behavior like maybe nighttime they aggro everyone daytime friendly, etc. nighttime is pvp enabled, daytime pvp disabled.
  12. Eridiniara Elder

And so the reconstruction begins.....
  13. Eridiniara Elder

The original Post has been modified....
  14. Eridiniara Elder

Jeez.., there isn't even a way to edit the "Thread" Titles for these forums concerning merged THREADS!!!!
    Unless there is...?
  15. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

This thread confuses me. So someone wants a new PvP server with FV ruleset, right? Hope it's not about making FV a PvP server. I mean, the usual PvP annual posts are pretty much the bluntest knives in the drawer, but still...

The one consolation is UKK has entered the thread and he will kill it with his stream of consciousness posts where he wants a new game (a sausage of meat from 25 other games out there, from Minecraft to Tetris,more or less) which will just retain the name Everquest! :p
  16. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

So you can look like you were saying something completely different than you were before and/or so no one will bother to go read it?

I really should just put this thread on ignore but it's kind of like a train wreck that you just can't look away from.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  17. Eridiniara Elder

Take the time to read the Thread.... /sigh
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

They did and are. Just because they drew a different conclusion doesn't make them wrong. Your idea isn't a very good one and isn't likely to see the light of day. You'll keep tilting against the windmills and in the end it will be "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing".
    Ssdar, Yinla, Eaedyilye and 2 others like this.
  19. Captain Video Augur

The revised OP sounds an awful lot like Goat Simulator 3.
    Nennius likes this.
  20. Fenthen Living rent free in your headspace

Loot is so entirely easy to obtain now that the locked prison server feel should be removed. Plus, DBG would make a lot of money on server transfer tokens. FV's raid atmosphere is dying because many don't want to one-way transfer and be stuck there.
    Eridiniara likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.