Oakwynd Feedback

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by coltongrundy, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Go Take A Nap Augur

Minus some amount of subs, who knows how many, of players that have a hard time keeping up with the pace as is. I personally spent a lot of my time helping guild mates catch up, including RL friends. Most of which DONT have 4-6 hours per night to keep the pace , let alone get VP/VT keying done.

Its not so cut and paste as you describe it. There are a large amount of players that rely on PLing to play Everquest. As a guild leader on many TLPs ive seen first hand want it takes to fill the roster with casuals and keep them raiding. Its fine for this one server , but extending this out is concerning.
    Thatoneguy666 likes this.
  2. Komodon Augur

Nobody said it was cut and dry, or that there were not going to be pros and cons either way. Nothing with these changes is also stopping you from helping people with a lot of those tasks like faming keys, or even popping them in a group as a box with you to get some exp in the event they aren't around.

But it's also EQ we are talking about, and which is still going to be a game heavy on the comparative time investment requirements. A lot of the core issues people have within that, and the inevitable amount of "I've had my fill" quits that come out of it down the line, doesn't go away even with PL'ing in and happening.
    Ragnoruk and Zrender like this.
  3. GugokSkulkraker Lorekeeper

I really like the idea of having a reason to level more characters, but a 10% bonus per char that fades as soon as a new expansion hits feels stupid until AAs.
  4. Nessirfiti Augur

Because my friends are all max level, I have more alts than I will ever touch again.
    I go and stab mobs for my friends out of group while they're AA-ing or doing progression out of sheer boredom and a desperate need for something to do to justify the subscription.

I have, in fact had my friend group roll up new characters, we leveled them with no powerleveling, No out of group heals or dps. It takes about 2 days for a not overly motivated static group to go from 1 to 75. It's also incredibly dull.

the first 6 expansions are in fact a short time period, and entirely inconsequential to the rest of the game. The first 3 are easily the three worst expansions that aren't Dragons of Norrath or Depths of Darkhollow.

Also, if it takes you 20 minutes to get through level 15, I think I've found the issue that has you wanting to change the game. And it's not Training, out of group healing, or AFK Powerleveling.

Frankly, this game is a series of dull grinds, so you can then have fun raiding with your friends, and I'd prefer to not see that made more tedious if a person wants to swap mains. They've already got 2500+ AAs to grind out, no reason to make 1 through 80 even more boring.
  5. Nessirfiti Augur

I mean, except that sharing accounts is against the TOS, you wouldn't want to do things against the TOS, now, would you? ;)
  6. 6BoxerOnCoirnav Lorekeeper

This would make an incredible TLP server next year for the big 25th anniversary of a game that was good and slowly went down the drain until current year. But I could see it now, the big SECURITY Server for the 25th Anniversary -- new IP tracking technology and required 2FA every time you logged in would prevent the biggest scourge since the 24th anniversary -- the dreaded ACCOUNT SHARE! This is the feature they are holding out on to make the big bucks next year.
  7. Nessirfiti Augur

Ha. See, I was thinking that they were going to go after the scourge of pre-made groups next.
    HOW DARE PEOPLE NOT GROUP WITH ME?!
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Not sure why you think that it is obsolete and should be removed especially on the raid side since changes have been made in the past to allow people to come into raid instances to loot gear. There is no reason to prevent people from looting items off of corpses that the group/raid doesn't want.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

This still misses the point of letting people who are not in the instance get a shot at loot. There is nothing that this would fix and make better by preventing people from looting off a corpse by locking it to the group/raid that killed it.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How what will function? I am talking about how the loot system currently works and saying nothing about that is going to change with the new FTE system.
  11. Nessirfiti Augur

Most of the people who are for that sort of stuff don't want to make their lives better, they just want to make others worse. They've been convinced that RMT is the source of all ills in EQ.
  12. Komodon Augur

Then you realize you can *join* the group and still provide that help, right? With nothing actually changing.

Otherwise not catering solely to your quirky moments of "it's has to be out of group!!" boredom is easily the absolute worst reason I've seen presented yet imo on why this change is bad lol
    Zrender likes this.
  13. Nessirfiti Augur

Yes, because groups often have 7 people in them.

And this is no worse than any reasons to make the change, which seems to consist of "people playing differently than I do make me mad." and "I think that everyone who plays differently than I do is RMT-ing."

You want the serious reason? This is a Terribly thought out idea, that will in the long run solve almost none of the problems that people fantasize it will, training being a possible exception. and for the vast majority of a servers life will only be an annoyance at best.

The stated version of encounter locking is even more severe than EQ2s implementation.
  14. Komodon Augur

Of course. But the greater overall question remains on how many guilds are actually going to making an effort where a lot of that stuff is even ever necessary.

It's been multiple TLPs now since most of the TLP crowd claiming they want to "compete" all started just merging into the same unbeatable zerg we see rolled out on every server. They'll still be there after all the indirect crying about much more total effort is going to have to get dumped in to this change concludes up. But beyond that?. You won't get a large crowd of the P99 hardcores even with FTE since the "have and have not" appeal driving the competitive scene there gets too watered down here with instancing and dramatically shorter BIS loot lifespans. And pretty much every other guild out there is fairly content with their piece of the healthy pie coming out of scheduled raiding.

I mean maybe a Euro guild or 2 comes back for revenge after the mega zergs like EQ Baby hopelessly outdps'd their former interest in that type of gameplay away. But looking over those bigger discords now a lot of names that i remember from before there seem to have already assimilated into the zerg by now, so idk lol.

Other then the mega zerg losing more random mobs that get sniped up when they pop during prime time raiding hours I don't see it popping off like that though.
  15. frenchmanzz New Member

Agreed. Not playing unless its like mischief
  16. Prayer New Member

Umm, you have to be within a certain level range of someone to acquire XP if grouped with them, for example to recieved XP in a group with a level 50 you have to be at least 34. I understand it's easy to jump in with a white cape on behalf of Darkpaw, but you gotta understand people have genuine concerns about this change, and it's ok for people to disagree with your opinion.
  17. FranktheBank Augur

And what you remember is wrong.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No it isn't. Maybe on these forums, not the old ones.
  19. Komodon Augur

A couple of posting accounts here seem pretty close to page 8'ing themselves in this thread, so maybe there is still hope yet this sees a second breathe of life :)
  20. Roleplay Here Journeyman

Krono sellers are going to be there no matter the changes, as long as krono exist. There's no need to cater to their needs. Catering to casual players, and giving them the most rewarding experience is what should be focused on.
    Zrender likes this.